Individual — Reimbursement of cancelled train tickets

Dated Barpeta, the 14th September, 2022.

Complain from :- T. K. Bhattacharjee, A.J.S.,
Presently residing at Judicial Officers Colony,
Krishnanagar, Barpeta.


I would like to bring the following facts to your kind notice for your information and necessary action:-
1. That I had purchased tickets online vide PNR No.[protected] and was scheduled to proceed to Sealdah from New Cooch Behar on[protected] with my family members by Train No.13148 Uttar Banga Express (Class 1-A) but as only two out of the three tickets purchased were confirmed after preparation of chart, the journey could not be made and it had to be cancelled.
2. That accordingly, I filed a “TDR” online about three and half hours before departure of the said train but till date I have not received the refund due to me.
3. That after obtaining the refund status of my legitimate claim it appears that the TTE/Guard Certificate was not submitted by the concerned authority for which the matter is pending.
4. That the matter was intimated to the Chief Commercial Manager (Refunds), N.F. Railway Head-Quarter, Maligaon, Guwahati whose office was pleased to return my letter unofficially with direction to “Please contact Eastern Railway” and thereafter, another letter was forwarded to Chief Commercial Manager (Refunds), Eastern Railway, Fairley Place, B.B.D. Bagh, Kolkata, West Bengal, 700001 who refused to accept the letter.
5. That therefore, you are requested to kindly look into the matter and ensure that the refund due to me in accordance with law is deposited to my account/payment source at the earliest.

Yours Faithfully,

(T. K. Bhattacharjee).

Contact Address :- Office of the Motor Accidents Claims Tribunal, Barpeta.
Dist. :- Barpeta, Assam.
Pin :- 781301.
Phone No. :- [protected] / [protected].
+2 photos
Was this information helpful?
No (0)
Yes (0)
Complaint comments 

Post your Comment

    I want to submit Complaint Positive Review Neutral Comment
    By clicking Submit you agree to our Terms of Use

    Contact Information

    File a Complaint