[Resolved] Think and Learn - Byjus classes — Cheated with 20 lakhs

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
 kamal2311
I took a franchise from Think and Learn Pvt. Ltd. ( Byju's classes) 1 year ago as I was promised that my role would be to operate the classes and all other activities - Product, Marketing, Student demos and conversion will be performed and supported by them.
We would have to take care of the local infrastructure and a little bit of local marketing.

I put my father's hard earned PF savings and mortgaged my house to pay for the hefty franchisee fee ( 20 Lacs INR).
I put my savings for setting up the office and class room rent, local pamphlets, college campaigns, demo CDs etc. Additional 8 lacs. Worked harder than they had asked us to,,, and still the results didn't show up. They didn't take any marketing initiatives to understand the market. Instead they kept on giving excuses of timing, places etc to move away from their responsibilities. In effect, they were experimenting at my expenses.

When approached for help, they are putting the blame on us. Now, consider this, The product is designed and controlled by the company, Company determines the selling price, Company gets 60% share from the revenues on the premise that company will shoulder bigger marketing responsibilities and ensure students enrolment. How on earth can the franchise be blamed for not getting the revenues?

Let us do a some math here.
Franchisee pays 20 lacs for 5 years for CAT, IITJEE, UPSC ( Only one product is reasonably deliverable and others are still being developed)
Franchisee bears the cost of office operations at least 5 lacs per annum
Franchisee bears the cost of study centre operations at least 4 lacs per annum.
In all franchisee bears 20 lacs + 9 *5 = 65 lacs over 5 years.

With the little commitment and support from the franchisor, All we get is INR (30 * 15000 * 0.40) = Rs. 1.8 lacs per year. ( 40% franchisee share)

Is this not an exploiting model?? The franchisor tricked us into believing that VSAT centers are receiving even more response than the Centers where teacher teaches While on the contrary there are other franchisees of the same company who are also making heavy losses as I am making.
Their model of business is fraud -> Over commit and Under deliver.

I seek help of this forum to expose their fraudulent ways of Byju's classes' , cheating innocent people like me and I seek help to get full compensation for their negligence and the debts I have incurred for serving their experiment interests.

Please spread this word and any help from anybody on this forum will be highly appreciated.
Complaint marked as Resolved Jul 26, 2016
BYJU's Customer Care's response, Jun 25, 2016
@kishore1234sadf Please leave your contact details and order ID AT ankita.[protected]@byjus.com . I work in the business development team and will try my best to help you .

Thanks and regards,
Ankita Priya

Comments

This company is not honest to its customers as well. They sell something that they don't have . I was sold a package for 9th and 10th std with CBSE syllabus. I specifically asked the sales guy why it is mentioned as CBSE (before paying)and that i need only Tamil Nadu state board syllabus. He gave me a quick lie that "don't worry we will be able to give any syllabus". Bang went my money to their account. After a week we received the CBSE syllabus. When asked about this they wanted me to go to a centre in the city and the entire company is trying to duck their head, giving stupid reasons, it doesn't even cover 60% of the syllabus. I am behind them for this fraudulent sale they made. But parents beware of this.
The posts above are quite old whereas now Byjus is advertising heavily even on television.

Have the things changed now since they have raised plenty of capital also now.

Do let me now if one should now consider taking their franchise especially if he is a teacher himself.
Bad behavior to customer
If you are saying I'm not purchasing.
They're customer behave sudden she start shouting and using bad word. I'm very upset.
These posts are so negative. You carry an information only about the cost involved and that you are cheated. A person who use this regularly find its importance. I am regularly using Byjus and I do not find such issues. Instead it helps me stand at a position where I see myself needs more attention to some topic. I am doing 11th and I got a product of 45k PCMB for 2 years which I does share with my sister who is doing her 12th now. Talking about price factor this is the best in city now. Other places I have to spent 30k min for one year where as this I can go back and come again, good mentoring etc. All I have to say is if we use this well, this is the best. I will continue to recommend!
They are ### sthey stole away 10 friends money did u know we 10 friends placed a huge oreder of 25000*10 = 2.5lakhs we are from a middle class family and they just cheated us they alll are ### if i got a chance to comment on mr byjus then i will take the ### out of him

Byjus is the most fraud company I have come across and yet it is endorsed by great superstars like Shahrukh Khan.

This should be banned at the earliest.

I bought the tablet program for CAT 2018 for 35000 and had not been useful for a single percent. Since my last day of refund has I am unable to do anything just sit back charge the tablet for the whole day and it gets discharged the next minute.

It is really very frustrating.
Thanks god i planed to take byjuz franchise but its waste of time to take that one
They are very bad company. No ethics. Ruining children career. Not refunding and delaying tactics. Do not pick up the product. Keep the loan account open despite sending closure request.
#Shameful #Fraud company #Byjus
Hello everyone I'm planning to buy a CAT TAB course of byjus 2019 ...will it be worth buying? Have they improved for the years ? Or they are still the same as before please guide me
We can assist you on this.
Kindly mail us at tulika.[protected]@gmail.com or call us upon [protected]

2nd Floor, Tower D, IBC Knowledge Park, Bannerghatta Main Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India - 560029
    Think and Learn - Byjus classes - Cheated with 20 lakhs