Jet Airways — Jet Airways giving fake reservation ticket for flight 24 hours after our flight was scheduled leading to loss of time and mental and physical agony
Chairman Jet Airways,
Sub: Complaint of harassment and demand for compensation
1. We had booked ticket between Marseille-Mumbai and back as per following tannery indicated in the enclose -1.
2. Me (Prabhat Kumar) and my wife (Nilima Srivastava) reached Mumbai Airport terminal -2 at 0200 hour on Dec 31, 2016 for return journey. We were diverted by Etihad Air to Jet Airways counter for Check in by Itehad airways stating that flight is operated by Jet airways.
3. We were told by Jet airways check in counter that the flight is delayed and the time gap between flight booked by me to reach Abu Dhabhi and connecting fligt to paris is 35 minutes now and it will be difficult for them to send us in the flight EY7604. We were not given any such intimation by phone of e mail.
4. We requested them to put us in some alternative flight/ different airline so that we get our connection (there was alternative available that time). Jet airways person on the counter asked us to wait on a counter where Jet Airways Supervisor Ms. Shraddha will attend to us. She came to counter only at around 0330 hour and even after coming to the counter she kept us waiting for nearly 30 minutes.
5. We tried to talk to her few times in this 30 minutes, insisting that we are old and cannot stand for long time and she need to attend to us, but she said that she is very busy with many works and will talk to us later.
6. At around four am we were given an alternate ticket for flight for Paris next day i.e on[protected] at 0245 which takes us Marselley 24 hour hour later than our original departure. She issued the ticket without consulting us.
7. When I wanted to explore additional alternatives, the supervisor on the desk (Ms Shraddha) told me that she will not listen at all any plea as she has done what is possible. On my further insistence that I have no place to stay in Mumbai and have no medicines and other supports needed by us, she told me that she will call security if I stand any more on the counter.
8. On my enquiry whether we can be provided some stay facility, she forced me to discuss any other matter with one of the staff who said that Jet airways is not responsible to provide any support to us and we will have to stay at airport till next flight at 0245 am next day. On our repeated insistence one person from Jetairways accompanied us to entrance security and advised the security to let us go out of airport check-in hall.
9. We had to face many difficulties due to lack of money and with limited medicines with us adequate for the planned journey. We had to phone some relatives at our home town to arrange some money for us through their friend in Mumbai. We could not get medicines without doctor prescription and could not meet a doctor in new place/ new year holiday.
10. We entered the airport check in hall again at 10 pm on 31st December 2016 for 0245 flight on 1st Jan 2017.
11. To our surprise, we were told that the flight has been rescheduled and will depart at 0620 hour and not 0245 hour. We were not given any such information by phone or mail. . We were told that the boarding pass issue will start at 0200 am. To our dismay when we approached the Jet Airways counter to get the boarding pass on 1st January at 0210 am, we were informed that though the print issued to us shows the booking between Mumbai and Paris for us, the computer system does not show the sector booking. Instead, the booking is appearing in the system only between Paris and Marseille (by train). We were put in waiting. After checking with supervisors and after finding that the seats are available, seats were released to me and my wife. Incidentally this did not take more than 15 minutes, though these 15 minutes have been one of the most tense moments in our travel history.
12. Surprisingly on arrival at Paris the TGV refused to give us ticket stating that our tickets was for previous day and they have no intimation from airline to issue alternate ticket. For some strange reason they sent us to air France. Air France sent us back to TGV. We went to Etihad Airways counter when it opened. They mentioned that they have no intimation about our changed itenery and can not help us. We went back and requested intervention of TGV supervisor who agreed to issue ticket for a later train at 19.28 but without any reservation as seats are not available, . instead of 16.56 train.
13. Needless to say that we had to go between air terminal and TGV station many times to get a ticket (without any reservation)\
14. In summary the harassment faced by me (a senior citizen with knee joint pain) and my wife (Sugar and blood pressure patient with knee joint problem) is listed below point by point.
14.1. The supervisor at Mumbai Airport issued us a ticket which takes us to our destination Marseille 24 hour after our schedule arrival. There were several more options available which Etihad airways/Jet airways did not want to avail for their own commercial interest, ignoring the inconvenience they are causing to senior citizens who have medical issues as well.\
14.2. We were not provided any accommodation at Mumbai, despite our request to provide accommodation to us, though the flight was shifted almost 21 hour ( left Mumbai more than 24 hour later than the scheduled departure of the flight booked by us). I had informed airline supervisor at Mumbai that I have travelled this afternoon from Lucknow to Mumbai and showed them the boarding card (attached as enclosure-3) and my wife has come from Hyderabad Pune by road the in the afternoon. We informed them that we are tired, old and not in best of health. Yet we were not heard.
14.3. When I was pleading on 31 early morning that I should be consulted before issue of alternate ticket, the Jet airways supervisor Ms Shraddha told me that if I do not go away from the counter, she will call security to get me thrown from the counter.
14.4. Me at the age of 66, and my wife at age of 58 years have lost 24 hours of our life for Airways mistake and their ambition of saving at the cost of my inconvenience. At advance age, when balance life is uncertain, 26 hours are very precious. This includes a New Year eve which we had planned to celebrate with my son and grandson at our residence in France and the First Day of New Year 2017.
14.5. We have not been able to sleep at all for two consecutive nights (night between 30th and 31 and night between 31st and 1st.). With advancing age and not very good health condition, this is an undesirable and risky condition for our health maintenance.
14.6. The tension was further built up 1st morning, when I was told that the our names are not in the Mumbai-Paris flight (9W 124), even though I had reservation in my paer in my hand. This tension though was short lived (15 minutes).
14.7. We had to run pillar to post between airline terminals and TGV booking station at Paris to get out ticket between Paris and Marseille. After few hour struggler we got ticket that was two and a half hour after the pticet issued at Mubbai and we had to travel in TGV without reserved seat.
14.8. I and my wife are responsible and reputed persons. Before superannuating in October 2014 at age of 64 years, I was Chairman and Managing director of an important public Sector (Bhartitya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Limited) under Department of Atomic Energy. I was distinguished scientist of government of Indai ( Department of Atomic Energy) since 2007. I have many awards to my credit. I have been given lots of coverage by Press and Media for my contribution for Nuclear Energy. I was in highest pay bracket of Government (80000 Fixed asper 6th Pay commission) for two years before I retired. With approval of Government, I took a job at director level in International Thermo Nuclear research Reactor (ITER). ITER, where I presently work, is one of the most prestigious projects in the globe. My wife Dr Nilima Srivastava is a President of India awardee teacher. She took Voluntary Retirement in in October 2015 to accompany me when I planned to move to France for job in ITER.
14.9. In light of Etihad/Jet airways causing loss of 26 hours of our time for their commercial advantage, tension given to us due to uncertainty, loss of two night sleep, Etihad/jet Airways apathy to arrange accommodation for us despite 24 hour shifting of our flight and despite our information to the airways staff that we have no place to live in Mumbai, we have limited money and limited medicines and Jetairways supervisor threatening us to get removed from counter by security guard, and issuing FAKE TICKET AT MUMBAIO AIORPORT ON #!st morning which had neither booking between Mumbai and Paris nor between Paris and Marseille causing us anxiety and physical strain. we ( I and my wife) demand 50, 000 euro as compensation from Jet Airways.
15. If this request to compensate us is not honored, within 15 days time, wewill initiate legal proceeding.
(Prabhat Kumar) (Nilima Srivastava)
E mail: [protected]@yahoo.com
Phone number: +[protected]
Address: Le Premium, Bat 14B, Avenue du Docteur Fournier
04100, Manosque, France
[Jan 20, 2017] Jet Airways customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
|Add a Comment||ShareTweet|