Mahadiscom / MSEB / MSEDCL
Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd.

Mahadiscom / MSEB / MSEDCL Customer Care

Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd.

LinkedIn
Hongkong Bank Building, M.G. Road, Fort
Mumbai City District

Fax:
Fax:

Load

Mahadiscom / MSEB / MSEDCL related photos (1296)

Mahadiscom / MSEB / MSEDCL Complaints & Reviews

Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd — www.mahadisom.com web site not opening [Resolved]

kattiap
I'm using MSEDC's website from last one year for online bill payment. This site has an option to view & pay...

Geeta Ramanathan
The fixed charges (Sthir aakaar) in each bill is Rs 30/-. However in my current bill it has been charged as Rs 330/- . All other residents in my building have been correctly charged as Rs 30/- only. Why has this mistake been committed only in my case? Will the bill be corrected before i make my payment? Why should I unnecessarily pay Rs 300/- extra for a mistake made by you? I have always been regular in payment of my electricity bills. Please solve my problem. I am a resident of Bldg 10/11, Vijay Annex, Ghodbunder Rd, Thane-W.

mahesh s.jagtap
    hello sir,
    some text based service is activated on my no. & it is deducting 10 Rs per day.
    so, i kindly request u to deactivate that service urgently...

thanking u.
    plz do the same.
    The street lights are turned on very very early everyday.Now that Summer is here, we are blessed with natural sunlight a lot, and the street lights can be delayed to almost 7 pm.
    They stay On for a long time in the morning too, when we have daylight from almost 5 am.
    MSEB is installing high-mast lights on squares, and so the street lights in the vicinity should either be turned off or easier if the bulbs are taken off.
    Load shedding is continuous to save electricity, when such little and easy measures instead can add up to a lot of saving.
    Time period of the lights being On can be and should be extensively reduced.
    Dear Sir ...
    I m running company Akay Udyog... Kamptee road nagpur.. We have computerized machines of Rs 30 lac.. We work for Indian defince factory .. But we are facing some problem of power supply... We have done many complain but they tell this is not r fault .. U talk to someother guy.. Then that guy tell u this is not my problem .& so on ... My problem is in every 2hrs there is power cut off for 10 min .. i m facing this problem from last 5 months... & still there is no solution of this problem .. due to this today i m facing 30lac loss bcz my machine short due to up down waltage... so wht should i do ... plz suggest... i m in very big truble...
    Sumit Mohta
    Due to heavy rain & strom on dt. 17th may, Area coverd under POLE NO M-596 B, was got disconnected but after a 24 hours of period it was not yet re-instead, and the office under which this area is covered not pick up the telephone lines... plz. look in to matter

Area : Chitnispura, Mahal, Nagpur
    Pin : 440002
    Pole No. : M-596 -B

Electric Meter not Working Properly

My Electric Meter is not working properly since couple of months.
    Following are the details

Namita Shingote

Mseb, Mumbai — for unsubscribe Airtel WAP service [Resolved]

Rahul R. Nandurkar
      hi,
      I've received a Sms from Airtel "Thanks for using (subscription, TextBasedServices) subscription service...

Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd — Excess billing for locked premised [Resolved]

Mahesh Ramchandani
      The Billing process of Mahadiscom needs attention to avoid inconvenience to its customers.

From my experience...

Pricilla Premdas
      Respected Sir,

I Pricilla Premdas residing in Moreshwar Park, Kharegaon Pakhadi wish to inform you that we have 7 and half hrs load shedding every day. Although we pay electricty bill every month.

On enquiring with the MSEB, we were been told that many people don't pay their bill, but why should we who pay on time the bills and tax suffer so much hour power cut.

We request you on behalf of our society that please take strict legal action against those culprits rather than making us all suffering.

It is not correct that for few thieves good people are also punished.

We shall be very grateful if you take some action on the load sheeding we are free from this problem.

Pricilla Premdas
      so ?
      i aarti bhoir stay in kharegaon. request you to do something of this electricity problem which we face everyday for hours.. inspite of paying electricity bill.. i on behalf of my society members request you to see in to the matter n do the needful..
      thankyou..

Arrnica Dayannandan
        To the relevant MSEB official,

I am Arrnica Dayannandan. I am staying at Le Meridian, Palm Beach Road, Sector 6, Nerul, Navi Mumbai.

Right from the day that we have shifted to this place in Nerul, we have been experiencing regular and extreme swings in electric voltage. Several times the fuse has got blown due to high voltage spikes, thereby incurring extra expenses in terms of electrical repairs of the fuse as well as electrical equipments. Till date my laptop has got restarted countless number of times and its battery worth Rs. 6000/- has already got damaged as a direct repercussion of this, in addition to start up errors that it has begun to give. Same has been the case with my hair dryer, electric iron box, and the electric fuse itself that have undergone repairing a couple of times.

2) Since the time we have shifted, we have also observed an uncannily high amount being charged per month in the name of the ‘electricity bill’. Several residents in our colony are facing similar complaints. As middle class people, we absolutely cannot afford such high bills, especially when our electrical consumption doesn’t even amount to a fraction of what is being charged from us.
        o There definitely seems to be some manipulation and/or error/ defect as far as the meter is concerned.
        o The bill has come to a value of Rs. 900/-, from the initial range of Rs. 300/- to 400/-. This, considering the fact that our electric consumption has only declined in the last two months. All that we use in our house is only a laptop for 2 to 3 hrs a day, a tube light in one of the rooms every day for 8 hrs, 2 fans in any one room everyday for 12 to 14 hours, the refrigerator which is on at all times, and the mixer grinder, dryer or iron box that is used for a couple of minutes daily.

Details of electrical equipments:
        o AC - We do not have one
        o LG Fully Automated Washing Machine – We do not use it at all. We wash manually by ourselves.
        o Sony Bravia Full HD 40” LCD Flat Colour Television – Used for 3 to 4 hours a day in power saving theatre mode.
        o 5 Fans – Only any 2 fans used for a total of 12 to 14 hours a day.
        o Godrej Pentacool 2-door Refrigerator – That can consume a maximum of just 573 electricity units in an entire year as per company specifications
        o 6 power saving Halogen Lamps, 1 power saving Blue Ray Tube, and 3 Regular Tube lights – of which only 1 or 2 halogen lamps are used for a maximum o[censored]p to 8 hours per day.
        o Hair dryer, Iron Box, Mobile Chargers, Mixer Grinder, Massager – all together – totalling to not more than 30 minutes a day, and not all of them used everyday.

Meter Details:
        Consumer No.:[protected]

Address:
        514H, Le Meridian, Palm Beach Road, Sector 6, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, 400706, Maharashtra

Kindly expedite the problems at your end, and if so required, please send your personnel to detect any mechanical defects in the meter located at our end, at the earliest.

A hard copy of this mail with our initial and latest electricity bills have been mailed to you for your convenience (easy comparison), and prompt action.

Yours Faithfully,
        Arrnica Dayannandan

I am Ritu Jhawar. We have been facing a similar problem. I too stay at Nerul. I was not at home for 15 days this month, as me and my family were in Rajasthan. I have returned with my daughter and my husband is currently on an onsite assignment abroad. As a result, me and my daughter have very little use of electrical equipments anyway. We use the TV for only 2 hrs daily, and just one tubelight and one fan at any given time for 6 to 10 hours per day. We have received an outrageous bill of Rs. 1100/- for just 15 months of low electric consumption this month. This is absolutely unacceptable and needs to be treated immediately. I am a neighbor of Arrnica. I stay on the flat below her on the 4th floor. Flat no. 414. This is a unanimous request to MSEB officials to correct and refund the erroneous electricity bills furnished for residents at the Meridian apartments, Palm Beach Road, Sector 6, Nerul, Navi Mumbai.

Ritu

Ritu here again.

Errata in the above mail:

Its "15 days of low electric consumption this month" and not "15 months of low electric consumption this month".

Please overlook the error above and expedite a speedy and permanent solution to the faulty meter reading problem.

High Court Advocate - Criminal/ Corporate Lawyer
        Ritu Jhawar
        To,
        MSED
        Kalan Dist.

Respected Sir,

My Name is Vinod Vithoba Patil. Consumer No:[protected] Meter No: [protected], Resident at Hari Om Vally, Type ‘B’, Phase I, Flat No: 403, 4th Floor, Bldg. No.3, Ganesh Nagar, Village Manda, Titwala (East).Pin Code: 421605.

From Some Month’s I have received another Electricity Bill on my same name and same address. Its consumer No:[protected] Meter No: [protected].

Respected Sir / Madam I am using now meter No: [protected] only then how the another meter bill come on my name and address .

I have given the application two time in kalyan MSED office – Balbazar.
        And I have also given telephonic complaint on Number:[protected] and Complaint No:91631

I am requesting to please check from your record and please stop the second
        Meter No: [protected]. Consumer No:[protected] which is illegally running on my Name and address.

Thanking You,
        Yours faithfully,
        Vinod Vithoba Patil
        Mobile No: [protected].

UMA SURENDRAN
          Dear Sir
          I am a resident of Vashi Gaon. Very often say every weak during night there is no power. One phase is always affected. Bharat Seva Ashram, Plot no. 249 and some other buildings are always facing this problem. When ever we call up MSEB Vashi for this problem they say it is cable problem and because of heavy load this frequent power problem is there, they say. That means they have detected the problem then why the MSEB is not finding the solution and rectify the problem. If the power is not there main problem is mosquotes. How can we sleep with small children at home with all these mosquotes . MSEB staff with out any mercy they say power will not come or staff problem is there we cannot send anybody at this time, so power will come only in the morning.

When we are making prompt payments why proper fecility is not provided.

Kindly look into the matter and solve the problem

Uma Surendran
          Complaint comments  Add a comment

Maharashtra State Electricity Board (Mseb) — DEFECTIVE METER NOT REPLACED SINCE 7 MONTHS [Resolved]

R K Ojha
            I, am living at Kharghar, Navi Mumbai. I have made a written complaint for my higher meter consumption (aprox 4-5 times of...

Radhika Iyengar
            For last 2 months my bill amount has shooted up by double. the meter is faulty.
            Sub : More than doublePower charges though my house was closed for two months
            Customer No. :[protected]
            Meter No. [protected].
            Add : C.S.No.1036/B/4, Shanti-Nagar, Camp - Malegaon 423 203 (Dist; Nashik).

Nature of Complaint : Though my House was totally closed for two months (Jan. & Feb., 09), we were charged with more than Rs.500/month, which should be normal as per MSEB norms only. Therefore, I would like you to please either replace the Meter if it is faulty or charge us normal rate for the said period. Otherwise, usually the power bill remains constant ranging from Rs.100 to 150 every month.
            Kindly look into & cooperate me amicably for settlement of normal bill & oblige.
            With Warm regards,
            My mseb meter has gone faulty. The reading shown in the month of april is beyond imagination by any domestic use ( units 3164, amt: 32058). The meter reading is fading day by day & its hardly readable by the naked eye, which itself proves that the meter has gone faulty. This meter was replaced one year back.

We have complained in the month of may and in june as well but no action has been taken yet. Our consumer no is[protected]

Mseb Nashik — cutoff electricity power [Resolved]

CIDCO NAGARI PATH PEDI CHAIR
              THIS IS TO BE INFORM YOU THAT CUSTOMER NO[protected] WE HAD PAYED ALL BILLS VERY CLEARLY BUT THIS TIME WE HAD RECIVED THE...

Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd — monthly electricity bills [Resolved]

shrikrishna tiwari
              I am not getting my MSEB electricity bills regularly nobody from MSEB is coming to take meter reading . every...

Harshada Chaudhari

We stay in Sector 46 at Seawoods...Yesterday (21/11/2008) the electricity got cut-off at sharp 10:15 p.m & only came after 2 hrs i.e. 12:15 a.m. It was horrible, coz it was too hot & top of it we have to close the windows for protecting us from the mosquito bites, which is also a big problem here. My kid who he only 1 & half year old kept yelling & crying due to hot temperature & mosquito bite.

I want to ask a single question, is this a time to cut-off the lights? Who are going to bear the losses if we suffere from Malaria due to mosquito bite or theft due to theives taking undue advantage of cut-off at wrong times...It was more shameful from their (MSEB) side that in the morning as well they cut-off the light at around 7:00 a.m.

I want answer for their foolish deed.

Thanx & Regards,
              Harshada Chaudhari,
              Gitanjali CHS, sector 46,
              Seawoods.
              Navi Mumbai.
              Hi Harshada,

Your issue with MSED is solved?

I am too suffering from MSED with same kind of issues and wonder if this site help or juts a waist of time?

Many Thanks in Advance,
              Bhupesh

Rajesh Pawar
                Hi Sir,

I am recently shifted pune for my work place and got accomodation in Guruwar Peth area, where I observed that many people had modifided their light meters, I had asked the guys they said they give some money to MSEB workers and they do it themselves it includes wiremen, meter reader.

I have called at least 4-5 times to lodge a complaint against those who are using light meters to the MSEB office by phone but of no use I personally met the people in MSEB office these guys told to the persons who had used the alteration light meters which results they throws me out of the room and beat me like anything i try to lodge complaint in Police office but of no use.

My last hope is this web site if you give surprise check to Guruwar peth area then you will found many light meters are modified, Please please for god sake do something about it

Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd — Pension [Resolved]

ashish mali
                  Sir
                  My father working in MSEB died on 05.09.1998 while in service still not get Family penion to my mother after claim...

Mseb Online Bill Payments — Aug2008 bill paid but shown as arrears in sep2008 bill.Consumer no:000081653241 [Resolved]

Sameerkumar L.Bansode
                  I have successfully paid the bill of Aug2008(Rs.2200/-) on[protected] thru online bill payments, however this month's...

Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd — Load shedding time table [Resolved]

Nikhil Patki
                  I stay in Talegaon Dabhade, Tal - Maval, Dist - Pune.
                  Here we face problem of load shedding without time table.br...

mukesh
                  about electri city

THIS IS YOUR REFERENCE. I HAD COMPLAINT ON 20/07/2009 AT 2.30 PM BUT TILL DATE MY

POWER PROBLEM IS SOLVE, WITH ME THERE ARE SIX MORE FAMILY IS FACING SAME

PROBLEM FROM YESTERDAY, THEY ARE TELLING WE COME AT NIGHT OR TOMORROW

MORNING, TILL NOW WE HAD MADE 15 TO 20 CALLS. THEY SAY CABLE FAULT.

IF SAME PROBLEM ANY BIG BUSINESSMAN LANDLORD OR CORPORATER FACES HIS PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVE WITHIN 15 TO 20 MINUTES. THEN WHY NOT OUR PROBLEM IS BEEN SOLVED

HOW THE PROBLEM WILL SOLVE

THANE EAST - 400603

THANKING YOU

RAJENDRA KHATALE

sandip chavhan
                    One solution i would like to suggest on shortage of power, please double price for businessman, as i am also businessman i will give double amount But i need electricity to save my business
                    From

Iswhar Nagar,
                    Bhandup Sub Division,
                    Bhandup.

Subject: Consumer No[protected]
                    Complaint about Wrong Reading in my Electricity Bill Fro June 2008-Regarding.

I have taken Mr.C.A.Stephen’s room for lease and my permanent address is X.Anton Pradeep, 59, Alangara street, Uvari, Tirunelveli district, Tamilnadu. I am a bachelor taking Mr.C.A.Stephen’s room for lease from June 2008.

I came to Mumbai on 30-06-08 and I have paid electricity bill for June 2008 and amount is Rs.320.
                    Another bill came for the month July the amount is Rs.420. I have checked the panel, the reading was wrongly taken. So I went to the office on[protected] and gave complaint regarding wrong reading. I have given a Xerox copy of July bill to the office. The officer told me to check your meter reading and till you not pay this bill.

After one month august bill not came to my room. I went to my native on[protected]. From[protected] no body is in my room. But again now bill came and the amount due is Rs.890. Nobody is using the electricity then how this much rupees came sir. So I humbly requesting you to please take necessary steps and consider my case.

For your Reference

My Electricity bills

Month Meter no current reading previous reading total units

June [protected] 13-06-08, 24259 12-05-08, 24140 119

July [protected] 14-07-08, 24385 13-06-08, 24259 126

August [protected] 14-08-08, 24385 14-07-08, 24385 124

Important thing is Current reading on[protected] is 24164. So that I gave complaint on[protected].

Sir Current reading on[protected] is 24168 only.

I will come back Mumbai within two months and pay the electricity bill regularly. So up to that give excuse for paying electricity bill.

I have given complaint regarding this through email also.

Meter is working properly due no usage of electricity no reading is available.

Thanking you.
                    POWER CUT FOR 9 HRS EVERYDAY, FLUCTUATION OF CURRENT, CAUSING DAMAGE TO THE ELECTRONIC GADGETS, WE BOAST OURSELVES TO BE IN THE 21ST CENTURY, BUT WHEN YOU VISIT PLACES BEYOND BHAYENDAR YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF BACK TO SEVENTIES WHERE VILLAGES USED CANDLES TO LIGHT THEIR HOME, FEAST ON CANDLE LIGHT DINNERS.

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT WE TOO ARE INCOME TAX PAYERS, PROPERTY TAX PAYERS LIKE PEOPLE STAYING FROM CHURCHGATE TO BHAYANDER THEN WHY ARE WE DEPRIVED OF THE FACILITIES LIKE WATER, ELECTRICITY, GAS AND BEING CALLED AS MUMBAIKARS..

sursh pandurang sawant
                      my elecftric meter not working compalints lodge in Aug.2008 but problem not solved so far.
                      I am also facing same problem.Complaint given in june 2008 and before also complaints were given.
                      Now without replacing MSEDCL is asking to pay excessive amount which is not fair, particularly when customer has done his duty and made so many requests.
                      Pl keep me informed i[censored] R going to consumer court.
                      I have purchased a flat from the owner who was residing there from 2 years.Accordingly when I approached MSEDCL office to get my name incorporated in the upcoming bills they handed me 3 form namely X, Y and A1 form .The said A1form requires information pertaining to the appliances, their ratings, required load, certificate from the electrical vendor who has done the wiring and meter test certificate which I feel is not required since I want to apply for change in name and not for new meter.I am ready to submit documents related to same like Society share certificate bearing my name, NOC from Society, Aggrement copy between me and vendor etc.Hence please let me know how can I proceed further.