[Resolved] Ola Cabs / Ani Technologies — Unjustly charged State tax even though pickup and drop within Delhi

Na, Delhi, India
 kunal.bharat

I had booked an Ola Mini (CRN[protected] on 28 March 2017 (10am) from New Ashok Nagar to Lado Sarai, both of which fall within New Delhi. The pincode of New Ashok Nagar being 110096 (a Delhi pincode). The same pincode can be seen on the invoice as well (attached).

At the time of booking the estimated fare was shown as Rs.252/-. However, the Ola mobile app had trouble recognizing the pick-up point as within Delhi since it lies close to the Delhi-Noida border. Post the pickup the app has recognized the pick-up point as within Noida and unjustly charged me Rs.100 State/MCD tax even though no such tax was paid or even had to be paid by my cab driver. The location is evidently in Delhi, it can be seen in the map on the invoice too.

I request and expect a refund of Rs.100/- charged extra as State/MCD tax at the earliest.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Kunal Bharat

Unjustly charged State tax even though pickup and drop within Delhi
Unjustly charged State tax even though pickup and drop within Delhi
Complaint marked as Resolved Apr 30, 2017
Extra amount refunded.

Comments

So, this was the first and last time I'm using this service. The cab driver was rude by hanging up on our face when we were trying to tell him a easier way to pick us and he cancelled the trip and didn't listen to us AT ALL. This is his CRN[protected] Parminder Singh - would appreciate some action from your end. Please, it was rude of him.

+91 80 6735 0900 [Regd Office]
    +91 80 4665 5300 [HQ]
    Regent Insignia, #414, 3rd Floor, 4th Block, 17th Main, 100 Feet Road, Koramangala, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560034
    Ola Cabs / Ani Technologies - Unjustly charged State tax even though pickup and drop within Delhi