Passport Office Chennai

Sat 12:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sun 12:00 am - 12:00 pm

Passport Office Chennai Complaints & Reviews

Respected sir/madam,

I have applied my passport on 21'st April and police verification was over in the month 0f May ..but yet i didn't receive my passport. when i enquired online this has been displayed.
Following objection has been raised on Your file
"YOUR DD VALIDITY EXPIRED PLEASE FURNISH FRESH VALIDITY DD TO THIS OFFICE"

i have no idea about this .please do help me in getting my passport at the earliest

File Ref. No. : Z501106 / 08
Date of Birth : 10/06/84
Name : Ravikumar Chinnusamy

Ravikumar
May 08, 2014

Passport Office Chennai customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

passport office, chennai — non transparent way of working

Every day, throughout the day hundreds of people personally visit passport office for getting their work done. The least the office can do is to put up proper friendly sign boards to guide them as also operate a full time help desk.

There are no sign boards worth the name, the reception works only for two hours in the morning ( I fail to understnd the logic of this)

Due to this lack of information, people are forced fto approach touts operating around the building for information and to get their work done. I am not sure if there is a collusion with these touts to withhold information to the public.
To make matters worse, these touts are not allowed to help the public in peace. Constant raids to harass them( only temp action taken) make them keep raising their prices to the public, puttiong them in more difficulty.

I suggest that either the passport office becomes public friendly or allow only touts to operate the office with impunity so that at least we will get good service. Like they have outsourced issue of PP to TCS, they can also outsource public relations to another firm. They can perform only as monitoring authority for a job which they have proved incapable of handling by themselves

PASSPORT OFFICE — DD VALIDITY EXPIRED

Following objection has been raised on Your file
"YOUR DD VALIDITY EXPIRED PLEASE FURNISH FRESH VALIDITY DD TO THIS OFFICE"

File Ref. No. : Z501106 / 08
Date of Birth : 10/06/84
Name : Ravikumar Chinnusamy

Ravikumar
I had applied for passport on[protected], Police verification was over by 1 month time, but I had not yet received my passport.
When i checked for status(online) it is shown as "Your police verification report has not yet received", but on verifying to nearby police station, it is said as police verification report has been sent in month period of time.
Please do some favour as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,
E N Arunkumar
DD VALIDITY EXPIRED
Respected sir/madam,

I have applied my passport on 09th Feb 2009 and police verification was over in the month 0f Augest ..but yet i didn't receive my passport. when i enquired online this has been displayed. Following objection has been raised on Your file "YOUR DD VALIDITY EXPIRED PLEASE FURNISH FRESH VALIDITY DD TO THIS OFFICE".

I have no idea about this. please do help me in getting my passport at the earliest

Name : Thiyagrajan Chakkarabani
File Ref. No. : Z150807 / 09
Date of Birth : 12/03/1984

Thiyagrajan Chakkarabani
[protected]@yahoo.co.in

Passport Office, Chennai — Non receipt of Passport

I have submitted my application for the issue of fresh Passport on 29/6/2009 under Normal category. Till date (20/11/09) i have not received passport. I have sent three mails to grievance mail id but no response from the officers. If officers do not respond then mail id will not serve any purpose. I have also checked passport office website and it shows "Your police report is clear. Application is under process". I do not know how long they will process the application.

I have also went in person and submitted the letter to the person responsible and the officer told me that i will receive within a fortnight. So far more than 30 days passed. I have not received passport till now.

Passport officers: Please note people are put to untold suffering due to non issuance of passport despite having their file clear. This type of situation should change.

I have applied for passport at 20 feb 2008 in chennai. i had complete
    police verification at May month end. but i am still not get the
    passport.

A.Manikandan
    B 006885
    F3/6552/682/08
    26/05/2008

This is conversation about my passport. but nobody response for my Quiry.

Please kindly help me.

Necessary Action please.

for APO(PG)

> 23/10/2008
    > TOP MOST URGENT
    > Dear Sir
    > Good Day !!!
    > REF : FILE NO : B006885
    > Please find below the mail communication for your kind persual.
    > Already 8 months completed . Still i havn't received the passport or reply
    > from your end..
    > Please advice the my passport status as soon as possible.
    > How long i have to wait.. What is the problem at your end kindly let me
    > know..
    > Subject: Re: Need Passport Urgent, B006885 / 08 Chennai
    > To: "chennai"
    > Cc: mani.[protected]@yahoo.com
    > Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 11:33 AM
    > Applicant may please be informed immediately on the status of his case.
    > APO(PG)
    >> Dea sir.
    >> till i am no get an reply from passportoffice sir.
    >> plaese kindly help me sir
    >> --- On Mon, 9/29/08, APO(PG) wrote:
    >> From: APO(PG)
    >> Subject: Re: Need Passport Urgent, B006885 / 08 Chennai
    >> To: "chennai" <>
    >> Cc: mani.[protected]@yahoo.com
    >> Date: Monday, September 29, 2008, 11:25 AM
    >> Despatch Details of PVR have been provided by the applicant.
    >> Kindly trace this PVR for or call for a duplicate for dispatched of this
    >> case.
    >>> B 006885
    >>> F3/6552/682/08
    >>> 26/05/2008
    >>>
    >>> Please kindly help me sir.
    >>> --- On Mon, 9/22/08, APO(PG) wrote:
    >>> From: APO(PG)
    >>> Subject: Re: Need Passport Urgent, B006885 / 08 Chennai
    >>> To: mani.[protected]@yahoo.com
    >>> Cc: "chennai"
    >>> Date: Monday, September 22, 2008, 10:23 AM
    >>>
    >>> Please confirm with your nearest Police station.
    >>>
    >>> If your Police Verification Report has been sent to PRO.
    >>>
    >>> If so, please obtain despatch details and forward the same to us.
    >>> For APO (PG)
    >>>> Dear Sir,
    >>>> I have applied for passport at 20 feb 2008 in chennai. i had complete
    >>>> police verification at May month end. but i am still not get the
    >>>> passport.
    >>>> i have screened this message only form online
    >>>> Passport Application Status at Regional Passport Office, Chennai
    >>>> 15/03/84
    >>>> Your Latest Passport Status
    >>>> Your Latest Passport Status
    >>>>
    >>>> Your police report has not been received
    >>>> ¤¤
    >>>>
    >>>> i need the passport very urgently sir. Please Help me ASAP.
    >>>> My Details.
    >>>> file no: B 006885 date: 20-feb-2008
    >>>> name: MANIKANDAN AZHAGIRI
    >>>> Thiruvallur.
    >>>>
    >>>> I need your hopeful reply sir..
    >>>> with regards
    >>>> Mani
    Respected Sir,

I, Sonam Kumari(Student of VELLORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, VELLORE), bearing file no. Z155503, applied for my passport from district passport cell, Vellore on 12/08/08.But while checking the status, i found that some deficiencies are there.So, kindly inform me about the requirements, so that i can send it to you as soon as possible, as i need my passport urgently.Its almost 5 months since i applied for it, so, kindly help me.

Kindly look into the matter and send me my passport to my home address because i wont be available at my hostel.With lots of hope,

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Sonam Kumari.
    Dear sir I am applied for renewel passport last march, not received yet . Name: SundaresanElangovan, File ref. No. Z 151927, Date 19/03/2009, Key No. [protected], Vellore.
    Hello sir,

kindly look up the below details, am applied my passport on "OCT 2008", but still now i didn't get my passport, may i know the exact and proper reason for the delay, am sending lot of mails but nobody can response my queries...

My Details

UDHAYAKUMAR RAJAMANICKAM

Z560238 / 08

05/12/83

Your Latest Passport Status

Your police report is Clear. Application is under process

The same status will show nearly six months..
    i have applied my passport on[protected] in chennai PP office, it has exceed more than 45 days and so far iam not received any verification call from local police station.
    i unable get proper information from your websiter also. please help me check the status and send passport ASAP

my key file no. B036540

K. KAMALAKKANNAN
    MOBILE NO. [protected]
    CHENNAI
    Hello sir,

kindly look up the below details, am applied my passport on "6th JULY 2008", but still now i didn't get my passport, may i know the exact and proper reason for the delay, Please kindly do it needful.

Name : MANJULA SOUBRAMANIAN

File Ref. No. : P002400

Date of Birth : 28/06/77

Applied Date : 06/07/2009

Your Latest Passport Status

Your police report is Clear. Application is under process

The same status will show nearly six months..

My son's application is lying without any action for more than six months. In between they lost the application form....

Sir / Madam,
      I, Manish Kumar, have applied for a new passport as my old Passport (Passport Number E4943086) was damaged.
      I have applied in Chennai Passport Office for the same on 11th March-2008.
      The details are as follows:
      File Number = MAS-D[protected]
      Current Status is “Your police report has not been received. However file under process for services like 15, 16, 17”.
      I enquired at the nearest Selaiyur Police Station (I am resident of Selaiyur, East Tambaram) but my file is not with them.
      Kindly let me know when can I expect the passport to reach me, as I require my passport for registering for an online-exam.
      Awaiting reply from your side.
      Dear sir/madam

As i required to go abroad I have applied for my passport before 6 months. but still i did not it. But police verification has finished before 4 1/2 months so please arrange me to get soon..

My details is

SUBRAMANI LOGANATHAN

Z152103 / 08

01/05/83

Thanking You...
      Loganathan. S
      Passport issue File No:Z 402550
      I have applied for passport on 23/6/2008.
      My police enquiry was completed successfully on both salem.
      Passport issue File No:Z 402549
      I have applied for passport on 23/06/2008.
      My police enquiry was completed successfully on both salem.
      I have applied for passport on 22/08/2008( File No.Z403356).
      My police enquiry was completed successfully in Valathy ( My native place)but still you didnt issue me the passport. I dont know whats the reason. so please issue me my passport as soon as possible.

I am in uk right now.
      My brother applied for his passport in 2003.
      The passport came from your RPO Chennai To my house in VELLORE.
      Unfortunately we were not in the house .
      Due to my marriage we were busy in Tanjore .
      So when we came back we came to know that the passport has been sent back to chennai.
      Please kindly advice me how to get back my brother's passport back.

waiting for your reply.
      hi frdz, do help me out..

i applied passport through tatkal... i have received my passport but yet have police enquiry.. is there any problem for my new passport.. i applied on jan16 2009 n received on jan 23 2009...

Pls mail be back as sooon as possible.

thanks,

regards,
      Thamizh
      My passport status say,

Your police report has not been received.. However file
      under process for the services like 15, 16, 17

I applied for a new one in lieu of the old one which got damaged.

What does this mean? Do we need to do anything/ Is police verification required for getting duplicate passport.
      Dear Sir

I have applied my pass port against my damage pass port by october-20th -2009,
      Almost 3 months finished ( if come 20th jan-2010). I didn't get my new pass port
      till date.

My passport status say,

Your police report has not been received.. However file
      under process for the services like 15, 16, 17

I applied for a new one in lieu of the old one which got damaged.

My file details:-

AMAN GESUDARAJ SYED IMTIAZ

D004326 / 09

31/01/77

I am requesting your please do needful.I came back from jordan in cancel now i need to go back
      immdly so please help me and do needful.

Thanks & Regards / Aman
      dear sir madam
      i have received my passport in 2009 after a year i been to colombo for a trip and i lost my passport there.from the help of indian embassy in colombo they have issued me emergency certificate to travel back to chennai after submitting all supporting documents .as i reached to chennai after a month i applied for duplicate passport in chennai passport office before seven months plolice verfication has done but still i dint got any reply .please do the need full

my detials
      sunil kumar bothra
      no 4 basin water work street
      sowcarpet
      chennai 6000079

file no MASD00569510

I have applied for passport on 26/12/2007.
        My police enquiry was completed successfully on both salem and Erode.br...
        FILE NO: A 017208

MY SON MR. S ARAVIND HAS APPLIED FOR PASS PORT.

PRESENT STAGE AS PER SITE...
        It is more than 8 months since I submitted the passport application, still I did not receive the passport. Police verification...

I am Uthra Venkatasubbaiah.
        I have applied for passport in the month of Jan 2008.
        My police enquiry report complete by March.
        Still i didnot receive my passport.

I enquired in police station of my area.
        Police report has been cleared.
        But in Online, status says "Police report has not been received".
        If i go and ask in the passport office, they are asking me to enquiry in police staion only.
        Dont know what to do.

any body please update as how to procedd further.

it is been a big head ache for me romaing here and there to get my passport.
        i have applied in my pass port on september 18th 2008. my police enqiry was complited . in my question is after that enquiry how long it take getting passport in my hand ? if anybody known please answer me !

This is M.Sathiya priya. I had applied for passport in the month of june, 2008 at Coimbatore Passport Office and it has been such a long waiting. Unfortunately i had lost my reference number.i am having the hot copy of demand draft. Even if I enquired directly in the office they assure me with in week they dispatch.Police verification was clear two months before. any action hasbeen taken so far.
        My date of birth is 06.10.1987
        sir, i was applied passport on 29/05/2009 and my file number is b017331 dt 29/05/2009, till date the passport is not received, when ever i am seeing the status the remark giving by RPO is your possport is under prosess, if any mistake found in the application should inform to the applicant for further correction.kindly look in to the matter and do necessary action. my conduct number is [protected].
        Respected sir,
        I have applied my passport on 4/03/09 IN CHENNAI.
        Police verification of mine is over. But still i did not get my passport.
        I am urgent in need of my passport for higher studies.
        So kindly take necessary action for getting my passport.
        My FILE NUMBER: MASW23020609.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,
        Archana Mohan
        Sir, I have applied my passport on 22/06/09 in Chennai.Police verification is over. But still i did not get my passport.MY FILE NO:MAS B020215 09..sir waiting for 5 month. how to get my passport, kindly inform to me .
        This is Manikandan. I applied for passport on 27-June 2006. Police verification is over. Still i didnt get my passport. Shall i cancel this passport and can i apply as fresh one. My file ID is : Z40234706.
        Please any body known this solution reply ASAP.

Manikandan M

i am varadharaj. i have studied engineering in perundurai but, my native place is in salem. so i have to get two police verification...

This is Rajkumar. I have applied passport for my spouse in Regional Passport Office Chennai. When i was...

My parents have applied for passport in the year 2003.
          Application Numbers
          1. File No: MAS B04 684104 Group: B
          2. File No: MAS B04 684204 Group: B

We have submitted additional documentation on
          21.03.2005. Submitted original Indian-Srilankan passport on
          21.04.2005. Also submitted the identity bond with personal
          particulars form on 15.07.2005. We have not heard back from the passport office regarding the status of our passports.
          It is almost 3 years and 2 months that we have
          applied for the passport and we have submitted all
          the requested documentation.

It is very difficult for them to travel to Chennai
          from Gudalur and they also don't get any proper response
          from the passport office inspite of the long wait in
          the passport office. They visited the office on
          21.03.2006 and 27.03.2006 and the officer told them
          that the passport was despatched to the wrong
          address come back after two months. They visited
          to the passport office again on 23.05.2006 and this
          time the officer told that the passport has been
          referred to the ministry.

Both my parents have crossed 65 years and it’s
          very stressful and cumbersome to travel all the way
          to Chennai from our hometown, Gudalur since we do not
          receive any kind of communication from the passport
          office.

We seek your help in considering our case as genuine and there by request you to provide the necessary assistance in getting our passports.

Thanking you and awaiting your favorable reply as early as possible.
          Aug 13, 2020

Passport Office Chennai — regarding the passport

Regarding the passport?
          i applied for the passport in January 2008 but during police verification i was out of station for somedays so the police sent my form back to passport office raising an objection. after that i have applied thrice for police verification but police havent turned yet but when asked in the passport office they inform that i was not available during the police verification all the time which is not true. so i enquired the concerned police who is handling this passport matters in my area and he says that he didnt receive the form from passport office. its like a loop that i apply again and again but no solution. what might be problem. i have applied by normal way and i live in chennai.

i also wanted to know if i can apply for a fresh passport in tatkal

Passport Office Chennai — one year delay-not available passport

respected sir,
          i am shaik ahmed ,one year before i had submit my passport for renewal- file no:D003930, but still i didnt receive my passport. three times they asked me to submit PP form i submited that even than no action., because of passport delay i lost lot of abroad chances therefore i approch consumer complaint i hope there will be good solution.
          sincerely,
          s.ahmed

I had applied for my passport at chennai on march[protected]. with 2 stay proof. Chennai & Trichy.

My previous address is trichy & present address is chennai. My local police verification was over by april 2007. Till date i have not received my passport. when i enquired in the passport office they informed me, my previous police verification is incomplete, hence present police verification it is clear.

I enquired my trichy commissioner office as well as police station they said they have not received any particulars from passport office. In this connction i have given 2 times given personal particulars form to passport section chennai. till date no response from passport office.

I am also mailing daily basis (40 Days) . Who is the right person to help me in this regard. Kindly advise me.

Your Immediate action in this case highly appreciated & also help to my future.

N.Manikandan
            Aug 13, 2020
            my father mother not getting passport due to same reason
            THE REGIONAL PASSPORT OFFICE, TIRCHY
            ADDRESS VERIFICATION
            I had applied for my passport at tirchy. with 3 stay proof (ration card,PAN card & Canara bank statement).
            I have received my Passport on 6/07/2007.Now i have received a show cause notice from Tirchy passport office on 15/12/07 regarding my police verification report says the person not available in the given address.So that i have to surrender my passport with any explanation to Tirchy passport office within 15 days.Am going to surrender my passport to tirchy office on 28/12/07 through register post.After this how can i get my passport back.Please help me out from this issue.

with sincerily
            Arul Thangam N
            Sir i have applied for the passport and all the enquiry has been finished to me. But till passport not yet i received.
            Sir/madam i have applied for the passport and all the enquiry has been finished to me. But till passport not yet i received.