[Resolved] Redbus — cancelled the bus without prior notification

Shankar naren on Jun 22, 2018
I booked the ticket on 10th june in sai tours and travels via redbus on travel date on 18th jun, 6.45pm from nagercoil to chennai. I got a cancellation message on jun 18th 3.40pm and called the redbus they said you need to arrange the alternative and we don't have any option. Without prior notification they cancelled the ticket. Then i booked the ticket with the high fare due to their irresponsible. They just refunded the amount and also it was credited to my account after 3days and they didn't provide any compensation. I called the operator and they are saying we don't have any bus at that time and they cancelled the bus before 15days itself. Redbus is not having the updated bus operator and bus timings. I was planned to chennai along with my family carrying my 1year old child. I booked the another bus which don't have proper maintenance and having the high fare. If we are cancelling the bus from redbus before 3hours of travel they are deducting full amount but they are cancelled the ticket and just refunded the amount. I need the compensation for this. Please take necessary action on redbus to provide compensation because of pain what i got.

cancelled the bus without prior notification
Complaint marked as Resolved Aug 7, 2018

[Jun 23, 2018] Red Bus customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Red Bus Customer Care's response, Jun 23, 2018
Dear Sankar,

Greetings from redBus!

Ticket - TM[protected]

We are sorry that the bus was cancelled by the bus operator due to unforeseen reasons. We have taken your concern with the operator and have shared a strong feedback on this regards. We have also asked him to ensure that such instances never occur in the future. We have initiated the refund on 18/6/2018. You will receive the refund within 7 bank working days. Thank you for contacting redBus. Have a good day.

Team redBus.
Complaint comments  Add a Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Domlur Layout, Karnataka, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560071
    Redbus - cancelled the bus without prior notification