Snapdeal.com — Delivered a damaged product

Chin30
I have placed an order for a full HD LED LG t.v for my parents from Snapdeal.com which was supposed to be delivered by 13th April, 2016. But, till 13th April end of the day we didn't receive the product. Due to some medical emergency, my parents had to plan to go Bangalore on 16th April. So, we immediately called Snapdeal customer care to check on the delivery date and we thought if it goes beyond 16th April, we will cancel the order. But, Snapdeal customer care ensured us that the product will be delivered for sure before 16th April and insisted us on not cancelling the order. We also trusted Snapdeal and didn't cancel the order. But, again it failed and it was not delivered by 16th as well and my parents had to leave. Finally, they delivered the product on 17th April and our neighbor had to receive the same. Our neighbor kept the package as it is very carefully till my parents reached home. On 2nd May 2016, my parents went back home and opened the package and found that there is a huge crack on the screen of the T.V. We immediately called Snapdeal customer care post that and they first told it will be replaced for sure and the very next day, they again called us and told that since it has crossed 7 days, they are not going to replace the product. We had already paid 36639 (INR) for the product and now with that huge crack the television is of no use. And all my hard earned money will go for waste only because of their miscommunication and delay. Kindly help me in resolving this issue.

Delivered a damaged product

[May 05, 2016] Snapdeal.com customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Chin30, May 05, 2016
Order ID-[protected]
Order placed date - April 8th 2016
Complaint comments  4 Comments     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

My order ID-[protected]
Order ID: [protected] (1 Item)DETAILS
Placed on 11 Jan, 2016

Casio Edifice Chronograph ef-558sg-1avdf (ed439) Men's Watch

Hi, I Bought A Casio Edifice Chronograph Ef-558sg-1avdf From Snapdeal Order Id: [protected] And After 2 Months It Stopped Working, So I Went To The Casio Service Centre Dadar, They Said That The Watch Is Duplicate ( Fake ) And We Can Not Repair It, After That I Called Snapdeal To Inform Them That The Product Which U Have Sent Me Is Fake, First They Said That They Will Call Me Back And The Problem Will Be Solved In 48 Hours . Waiting So Long For Their Call, I Received A Mail Saying That They Are Not Able To Replace Or Refund The Amount As U Have Not Informed Them Before 7 Days, Dear Friends Have You Ever Read The Note Of Trust Pay, They Say That The Product They Sell Are Original And Genuine. So please don’t buy any thing form snapdeal or from any online shopping site henceforth I have delete the app and my account form snapdeal forever
Dear Santosh( Santosh[protected]),

Thanks for bringing your issue to us. Please be assured that we are working on your problem and our representative will get in touch with you regarding this.

Team Snapdeal
Hi Customer(Chin30),

Our team got in touch with you and informed that we can not recall the product as per our policy and refund/replacement is not possible.

Team Snapdeal