Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [TNEB]
Tamil Nadu Generation And Distribution Corp. Ltd.

Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [TNEB] Customer Care

Thu 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Fri 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Sat 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Sun 12:00 am - 12:00 am

Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [TNEB] related photos (903)

Complaints with pictures are more trusted and informative    View all

Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [TNEB] Complaints & Reviews

Hi Sir/Madam,
I am residing New#11 Old #6 ThiruvalluvarPuram 1st street Choolaimedhu
Chennai -94
We are facing frequent power cuts for this particual area (The particular phase
and Line).This has been brought to the notice of the concerned departments
for the necessary action several times.As we are tenant the concerned department people are asking the owner of house to give complaint.
Even when we approach for the complaint the response is harsh.The concernd
Engineer who is responsible for the area never lifts the call or never responds
for the problem.
I kindly request you take necessary action for the frequency power failure
The reason they are telling is over load why don't they take intiative to split the loads on other.The other line never occurs a power failure, becuase one of the local politician is there

I kindly request to provide the solution for the problem and suggest the necessary ationtaken from Power services.

Tamilnadu Electricity Board - Power failure — POWER FAILURE

We experience frequent Power failures in K.K.Nagar, First Sector daily for the past one week. I happens during the night and lasts for about 3 to 4 hours. The response from the authorities is very poor, infact on 18th Aprill at 8.00pm the power went off and when we came to know that the the ground staff do not have posses Fuse wire. One more aspect which astonished us was one of the staff inside the sub station was sleeping soundly and we even took some photographs. The photos will be sent to you in the next mail.

The authorities are requested to take serious note of this matter and restore power supply to our area. Also ensure that the staff are not negligent in their duty.
SOON YOU WILL THE PHTOS WILL BE LOADED !
posting here and all is a waste of time man..do u think tht they gonna take action..these will do nothing..for the past four years, there is a current cut problem..but no politician came front to take action.all are stupid irresposible fellows..did there any government require more than 5yrs to solve current problem, but india will do..i hate to be indian citizen..i am getting height of tension towards this government...if i know how to made guns and bomb means, i will kill each and every politician in india...even in 2300 india wont converted into developed country..even at 2500 it will be just developing country...i hate india.and bleddy indian governent..uneducated politicians...
From tamilnadu only current was going to nearby states. But in tamilnadu daily they are switch off the current for more than 5hours in all the districts.How internet centres, offices and shops will run..This problem is going on for more than 4 years.When it will going to end.What ever the problem may be, it requires just one or two years to solve.but here none of the is taking responsible for the current loss. The basic standard of life was getting shaken in tamilnadu because of heavy current loss.I[censored] people having power means, bring a change.or i[censored] people also working for black money means, simply delete this post..But i am sure about one thing, india wont change into a developed country like U.S even in 2200..It will be a country for illegal politians only.The stupid indian government and irresponsible state government..

cable burnt

Three weeks before our connection cable line burst. Eb given temporary connection. Still nobody came to check the fault.

new registration submitted for online payment

service no-[protected]-sivgami ammal-for bill payment through on line payment new registration submitted. but i have not received message to my email id.kdly do needful. my cell no-[protected]

i am using the online bill payment from tamilnadu electricity board. but a few months the website is not working properly & not able to pay the amount. Minimum it will take 1 hour for pay the amount. if any body try www.tneb.in website server not found (i[censored]sing internet explore or problem loading page i[censored]sing firefox) In this connection i contact the e.b.office but i got the lame execuse and irresponsible replies. They simply told i could be contact concerned area Assistant Engineer. I can not understand how the Assistant Engineer is involved in this server problem. can any body explain? I request T.N.E.B. should take necessary steps to solve the server problem.
    I used the online bill payment from tamilnadu electricity board last month, but could not get into the website this time. It hangs for indefinite time. Kindly look into the matter

V Subbaroyan
    Ref. Service No. [protected]

With reference to the above Service No. I made payment thrice on[protected], due to the break in ICICI payment site all the three payment is not successful. The amount of Rs. 3147.00 was debited from my account thrice. I made complaint with ICICI and I got reply that amount processed successfully and forwarded to the biller.

For that particular Service No. I made payment on the next day Rs. 3170/- and got receipt successfuly.

The break in payment amount of the same service number is not yet reversed to my account.

[protected] Transaction No.[protected] Rs. 3147/-
    [protected] Rs. 3147/-
    [protected] Rs. 3147/-

Kindly check with your accounts statement and reverse the amount Rs. 3147 x 3 at the earliest.

I already sent email twice to the tneb, no reply, no response.
    My email ID is [protected]@gmail.com
    10/12/2010 TNEB: Payment Cons.No :[protected] from :CA 94598 : 049 105.00

I have paid this amount, but still (12.12.10) bill was not generated,
    do the needful
    HI friend ..
    It's not an problem of eb ... and it's an problem because o[censored]r browser...
    I suggest you to download an opera web browser and install it in your pc...
    WEBSITE: www.opera.com

THEN PROBLEM SOLVED...

HAVE FUN...
    BY
    VIVEK
    Email: [protected]@gmail.com

Tamilnadu Electricity Board (TNEB) — pay for advance payment

I am already pay for deposit amount in December month. Now pay for once again Rs.1080 (Cc Deposit). I can't understand for these amount...Please clarify... Thanking You,

POWER FLUCTUATION

Dear Sirs, We face current fluctuation problem in our premises for the past one week. Every now and then, the power shuts down and in a few seconds it is on.During the evening hours, it is too worse. Please check.

Street light not glowing

The street light on Veerapandi Nagar 3rd street, opposite to house door # 20/7, is not glowing for the past 3 days.

Bill not available

My service Number[protected] Melamadai Madurai. I am out of station now, then how to pay bill. Kindly clear the problem immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience caused

TO : TNEB, ROYAPETTAH, CHENNAI

SUB: EXCESS BILLING

DURING MAY 10 TNEB INFORMED IN INADEQUATE...
      I reside at F1,navin thiruvarangam,16th avenue ashok nagar.My service number is[protected].Previous reading was 510 and the...

I have been living in Jeeva nagar at Madurai for 15 years. From beginning we did not face any problem to dealing with EB office for the issue of getting new connection; name transfer and service surrender etc.

But now three to four years, we are getting big gap in-between EB to Jeeva nagar Public. How it means, Mr.Ganesan is working as Assistant Engineer in Jeeva nagar area and he is working with his own fashion and treating the public as like fools. If we are going to approach for any service, he is taking advantages and he is not doing anything but we need to go and come to his office as regular duty. Like this activities are happening for long period without any result .finally, he is starts his demand as like bribe, which is very huge amount .suppose nobody can think we are going to give like this amount. If we fail to provide that huge amount he is rejecting that application until his demand accepted.

I would like to provide more information about him.

Public visiting hour is 09: 00 AM to 11 AM .During that time mostly, he is doing his personal work, personal talks with others and unavailability.
      He is not allowing the public as friendly manner .everybody need to wait for at least 30 to 60 Minutes in Queue except his familiar person.

His demanding amount (bribe) is too high.
      He is not giving respect to visitors.
      His reply is one word. Mostly No, Impossible until his demand declared.
      His thinking is No body can do touch (his superior) others are hopeless.

Really, we don’t like to create complaint against this officer, but he is not changing his attitude and approach with others. For that purpose only, we are get force to complaint about him.
      I pay all my EB bills through online. But now the online is not working. What is problem on this?

I have EB connection Since 1985.The connection has been given through wires by crossing the road on the top of the post connected...
        Hello

I am Vishnu Prasad, risiding at Gandhi Nagar (Adyar). The meters installed by the TNEB authorities for...
        I stay at Medavakkam- Gayathri Nagar, Chennai. For the past couple of days there is frequent power cuts which...
        EB persons are coming for a reading in our flat at Adambakkam Officers Colony for last 6 Years. One of the house at our Flat...

Respected sir,
        Since last few bills I am receiving very high electricity bill from Electricity Board.Actually we are using 4 fans, 04 Tube lights,(we have been not use tube lights morning time-we use tube lights 5 hours only) 1 refrigrator, 1 television,Aircondition is there but we use very minimum inspite of being very minimum use we got the Electic bills are coming wery high . which is very much high than what it should be.
        I have a doubt in my mind that r Electric Metre is not working properly . we are unable to check what exactly happening .
        So request you to kindly look into it & resolve it as soon as possible
        My electricity amount was doubuling
        Respected sir,
        Since last few bills I am receiving very high electricity bill from Electricity Board.Actually we are using 4 fans, 04 Tube lights, (we have been not use tube lights morning time-we use tube lights 5 hours only) 1 television is there but we use very minimum inspite of being very minimum use we got the Electic bills are coming wery high . which is very much high than what it should be.

SP. RAJASEKAR, DECE., PGDCA
        KARAIKUDI TALUK,
        PUDUVAYAL-630108.
        SIVAGANGAI DISTRICT, TAMILNADU, INDIA.
        MY WEBSITE: WWW.SIVAGANGAIONLINE.IN
        MOBILE: +91 [protected], [protected]
        Respected sir,
        Since last few bills I am receiving very high electricity bill from Electricity Board.Actually we are using 2 fans, 03 Tube lights, (we have been not use tube lights morning time-we use tube lights 6 hours only) 1 refrigerator is not working lost 3 month, 1 television is there but we use very minimum inspite of being very minimum use we got the Electic bills are coming wery high . which is very much high than what it should be.
        So request you to kindly look into it & resolve it as soon as possible

Note : (Rental house not owe house)

S.Shanthi,
        D/o V.G.Sekar,
        57, selvam nagar,
        III rd Street,
        kumalan kuttai,
        erode - 638011.
        My Website : [protected]@gmail.com
        Mobile : [protected]

There is frequent power cut in Nanmangalam- Ezhumali salai. Power is cut for atleast 6-7 times A DAY. We are unable to tolerate...
          FREQUENT POWERCUTS, RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINTS TAKES SEVERAL HOURS ON MILLERS ROAD, KILPAUK WHEN ASKED AT TNEB OFFICE AT...

This is to inform you that we are residing at new no .15 old no 13 mosque street. aminjikarai chennai - 29.We facing frequent powershut down without any proper notice at night time . when we called through phone number[protected] & 26414398 there is no proper response they turning back to rectify it only next day and there is no contact number of AE available the given contact mobile number of Asst engineer says only CUG person can reachable the number is [protected] . Do take necessary action
          im from 11, pullianthope main road, we face power cut every night for hours
          we do not get proper responce from the person whom v call too. phone calls are attened and cut continously.
          power s been taken from outside mini transformer by others due to frequent power cut, when reported, eb people just get money and ignore our complaints.
          because of this we face power cut every day, which totally spoils my studies...

I am running a dtp shop in keelkattalai. I used iob netbanking facility and pay the eb bills through online. today 6.7.2010 i pay rs.120/- and rs.1590/-. totally Rs.1710/- is debited my account. but the eb receipt is not generated. so i ask iob regarding this matter they told they were not responsible. then i contact eb they also said the same answer. In this regard the following is the phone numbers which was called by me
            1. 28889350
            2.28516362
            3.28521300
            4.22476147
            5.[protected]
            6.[protected]
            7.28584894
            8.22475326
            while i ask madipakkam eb they simply told contact KK Nagar eb office. i am in keelkattalai.

please help me. whom do you i contact Mr.Arcot veerasamy or NLC chairman

Banu & Guna EnclaveMeigai Vinayagar koil streetVadapalaniChennai 600026.

Sub: - Frequent failure of power supply during night time.

We have been living in the above apartments for the past 7years and found that the electricity department was responsible enough to solve the issue that our apartment was facing. The Irregular power supply / low voltage & No power from midnight. This is been a regular scenario.

Though we complained many times the solution has been temporary. Moreover the response to the complaint was very bad. They do not respond to our calls,

.Almost last 2 months we do not have power supply for one phase permanently. out of 3 phases only 2 phases we have power supply that too very erratic.

We do not get any proper response from the EB department .We feel the regular problems we face are due to the joint cable. They should replace the cable to the entire stretch instead of putting patches everywhere. We have been troubled enough because of power failure during school exam time but still it has not been sorted out .Its very difficult in this hot summer.

when many other houses in the same street having power supply un interrupted , our Apartment suffers a lot.

I’m writing this complaint on behalf of the Association ,as 13 families in the apartment are suffering..

Please consider this and do the needful

Domestic — frequent failure of power supply

I b.sankar having connection no 2702 in the following address.
              D.NO 4-3-8/1,
              PRASANTHI NAGAR,
              BOMMURU 533 124,
              RAJAHMUNDRY RURAL,
              E.G DISTRICT, A.P.
              We have brought to the notice of section A.E . and line man to their mobile and land line numbers[protected], [protected], [protected]. many times, which of no use . It is my humble request, please rectify the problem

Sub: - Frequent failure of power supply / Very low Voltage during day &night time.

We have been living in Nesapakkam Periyarnagar area and also the area is going on developing.Now a days due Power fluctuations causing the domestic applaince failure and found that the electricity department was responsible enough to solve the issue that our area was facing. The Irregular power supply / low voltage & No power from midnight. This is been a regular scenario.

Though we complained many times to concerned JE, AE & EE the solution has been temporary and no permanent remadial action has been taken by the TNEB, 128 DIV( K K Nagar). Moreover the response to the complaint was very bad. They do not respond to our calls,

.Almost last 6 months we do not have proper power supply for all the three phases permanently. out of 3 phases we have power supply that too very erratic.

We do not get any proper response from the EB department .We feel the regular problems we face are due to OH cable. They should replace the cable to the entire stretch instead of putting patches everywhere. We have been troubled enough because of power failure during school exam time but still it has not been sorted out .Its very difficult in this hot summer. The installed transformer for our area being over load beyond its capacity almost 140%.

when many other houses in the same street having power supply un interrupted, our area suffers a lot.

I’m writing this complaint on behalf of the Association Nessapakkam, Periyarnagar, Chennai-600078.

Please consider this and do the needful

Tamilnadu Electricity Board (TNEB) — Incorrect meter reading for the month of May 2015 consumer no: 09172014605

My house current month meter reading shows a higher range which is very unusual. My house is in MMDA Colony, Arumbakkam chennai 600 106

ELECTRICITY FLUCTUATION

The electricity power supply is terrible. The fluctuation is unbearable. Machines like computers, printers, Air conditioners are getting spoiled due to this problem.

Street light not glowing

The street light in Veerapandi Nagar 3rd street (west), opposite to door # 20/7, is not glowing for the past 3 days.

I raised the follg complaint against Inaccurate billing to TNEB and have not recd any response till now.
                Please do the needful.

Complaint Code TNEB_9547 - Service Number[protected] - Addressed To SE/CHENNAI/SOUTH

Dear Sir/ Madam This is to write to you regarding our bill generated for the month of June 2010. Please be informed that there was only one family member staying at our house from Mid April to May end. He will be going to office and returning at Night. On weekends, he was out of station. Its difficult for us to find such a huge difference in the reading. We have never been charged like this before even when our entire family was at home. Kindly look into this at the earliest.

Deebu
                I am rural place living.Allways billing slowly online bill increase working time.conduct your phone Nos Duraiphoto, R.S.MATHUR 621709, ARIYALUR Dt

Respected sir,

We are people residing in Iyyappanthangal, Dhanalakshmi Nagar, We are extremely fed up with the frequent power failure & the very low voltage power supply in our area due to which most essential household appliances are not working …..

We have complained several times even directly to the A.E, but there is no response. I heard from the TNEB officials a transformer was sanctioned in our area ….., but still there is no sign of it…….when will we get a normal current supply?????????

THANKING YOU,

S.Saravanan
                  respected sir,
                  we are residing in nanganallur 3rd main road, we find a lot of frequent low and high voltages everyday during night. due to this we are feared to work on electrical appliances.this the problem only in our street and the nearby streets are having a good sleep. we are not able to sleep during the nights and we request you to kindly take an action and rectify the problem soon...

yours truly
                  rahul s m
                  (no.19 3rd main road
                  c5, sakthi flats
                  nanganallur
                  chennai-600061)
                  phone:[protected]

There is always I mean frequent power cuts in ICF Employees colony, Bazaar Road.
                    One half of the road there is always...
                    Dear All,

I am writing this mail in behalf of Vaigai Nagar Housing Society & residential people who living...
                    Dear Concerned,

I am a resident of Mohammaden Street, Perambur where there is a powercut and low voltage everday...