Times Of India Complaints & Reviews

Last updated Dec 5, 2023

File a complaint to Times Of India

Having problems with Times Of India ?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Times Of India customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Times Of India

baljinder1983
from Delhi, Delhi

Address:Bangalore Urban, Karnataka
Website:Timesquicktrips.com

I got call & mail from (Timesquickstrips.com) a person on 10/09/2016 and he told me that if i book holiday of Rs. 5999 on that day, i will get samsung mobile note 4 as i selected as lucky customer, so i booked the holiday and he claimed that company is member of indian association of tour operator, but when i not received any thing then i checked with indian association of tour operator, they said that times quick trips are not member of them. and then i call on the number from where i got call, nobody picking up the call, even i call number provided on website, but no one pick my call. even i tried to cancel my order as it is writen on website that you can cancel the order within 7 days of purchase but it would not happen. so i requested you pls do need ful these are following number from where i got call [protected] [protected] [protected] even neither i able to book any hotel accomodation. they are claiming that we are part of times group. website name Timesquickstrips.com
the same has happend to me also
same happened to me as well.. and now their website is not even there timesquicktrips.com
Phone nos from where I got call - [protected] and [protected]
I got a call and email from [protected]@timesquicktrips.com on 27th Sep 2016 that as a lucky customer you have got one Samsung Note 4 mobile phone. On asking why they are giving such an expensive gift for a package of mere 5999/-, executive said that yatra.com is giving 7-8 crores to Salman Khan for advertisement purpose and all and our company marketing strategy is to give benefit to customers. On asking many questions, exective tried to convince me that we are a big company and a member of IATO (Indian association of tour operators). Finally my greed of getting a samsung note4 as a gift as I was in need of new mobile phone and wanted a resort package as well for my upcoming vacation so thought even if i don't get gift 5999/- for 2 nights is a great deal for the resorts mentioned in resort pdf file present on timesquicktrips.com

After couple of days, I got a call again that your gifts have been dispatched and please note courier id. On 1st October 2016, I got courier with booking and order invoice. Order invoice is on plain paper without any TIN no.

Got call from these numbers - [protected], [protected]
jihanism2006's reply, Oct 4, 2016
did you get any gift ??
I got one booking form which does not have any contact details of company and one order invoice on plain paper without any TIN no. or so.
I did not get subscription coupons for 15 months, multiple times I have called to customer service, but there is No resolution, cheque already cleared before 2 months ago. I find very poor customer services, kindly contact me on [protected] & resolve the issue.
same happened to me as well...I logged a complain on Noida cyber crime cell, I received call from NCCC team and after confirmation they have forwarded the detail to Mumbai CCC team.

Now I am seeing that their website is not opening even their phone ([protected] and [protected] ) are also switched off.
Your journalism has gone far below the actual facts, lethargic correspondent who doesn't want to get acquaint of the story and deny of an apology too. They want create an article on some random press note. TOI was a reputation bulletin in vision but unfortunately not this time .I would not recommend anyone to read with forbid facts

I have made call to your office on 22nd september 2016 to collect the cheque no 796943 dt.22/9/2016, for rs.499/-till date nobody bothered to collect the cheque. My subscription expires on 31st october 2016.

I may be appraised action taken to collect the cheque. My mobile n:[protected], ll no: 23643502.Mail id: [protected]@gmail.Com.

M
    mukut57

Address:Gurgaon, Haryana, 122018

My address is 108, deerwood, nirvana country, sector 50. gurgaon. i have been residing at this address for more than 8 years now.

The newspaper delivery person in my area is a ruffian. i have had many issues with him in the past - charging twice during the same month on the pretext that i had not paid previously, getting fake notes while making payments and all other kind of rowdy behaviour. the last time we refused to pay twice during the same month, he stopped dropping papers at our place.

It has been more than 6 months now, when asking him - he says - jo karna hai kar lo.

Can anyone do something about this!!!

Mukut sharma
    Mukut. [protected]@gmail.com

S
      sanket2411
      from Surat, Gujarat

Newspaper charges

Address:Valsad, Gujarat, 396170

Hi.. my name is rameshchandra tandel.. and i am a subsciber of toi since last 7 years. our vendor boy delivering only toi newspaper without mumbai mirror and bombay times and he is charging full. i asked delivery boy but he says our agent/vendor is giving only toi at the cost of all newspaper. hope you will take proper action against the correct people..

Ramesh tandel
      [protected]...
      Y
      Yadavindu
      from Delhi, Delhi

Address:Patna, Bihar, 801503

Hawkers of Times of India are charging more than price mentioned on Newspaper. They have charged ₹5 instead of MRP ₹4 for Economic Times. They are not even afraid of any complaints and blaming that the company is providing them the Newspaper at that cost only so they would charge more . We all know that it is against lawif someone is selling Newspaper at higher price and strict action must be taken against them. Also they provide rough bill and they do not have proper billing system.

S
        satis57
        from Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Vendor selling toi at enhanced price

Address:411007

I am subscriber of toi for more than 20 years. for more than a year, my newspaper vendor at aundh, pune is inflating toi cost in his monthly bill by rs. 20 (does not show separately). on inquiry, he says this is for pune times supplement. actually, this is delivery charges he is levying. but he is including it in toi price and not showing separately in his bills. i understand, his charging of delivery charges is illegal as he is already getting...
        royman

Address:Mumbai City, Maharashtra, 400057

I have paid yearly subscription money for Rs. 1, 262/- against cheque no 172373 dated 18.05.16 of Union Bank of India.

The subscription commencement coupon was received through the post late in the evening in last week of august -16. But unfortunately the official who came to collect the coupon dropped in our house same day before we received by post. Hence, coupon remain at our end till date.

Suddenly the vendor stopped delivering newspaper copy from last week.
        When I enquired with vendor, the reason for stopping delivery was late payment from my side. He informed that he has received a list of subscriber from Times of India to stop delivery to such customer.

Now I would like to inform you that the payment was done on time so how can you stop delivering papers when the subscription commencement documents says copy start date is 16.06.16 and end date is 15.06.17.

Kindly look in the matter and start delivering my copies immediately.

Manojit Roy

Vendor's name : B. E. Bhurke
        Vendor : 21485648
        Sub Vendor : 21503066
        Why every retailer and shopkeeper take Rs.8 for Times of India news paper along with Maharashtra Times.
        Where price mentioned is Rs.7 on Times of India news paper along with Maharashtra Times.

G
          Guna72
          from Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Inordinate delay in delivery of TOI

Address:600085

My Subscriber no is 27420033 and mobile no is [protected]. The delivery of TOI news paper is highly irregular and on some occasions I miss the daily altogether! My complaints to your subscription manager as well as Chennai TOI office at Nanadanam is obviously falling in deaf ears.

I have received a soothing reply from your subscription office recently assuring prompt deliveries which remain an empty promise till now. I have...
          Balkishan_123
          from Bengaluru, Karnataka

Address:New Delhi, Delhi, 110025

I'm Balkishan Chauhan of Jasola village 110025. and would like to add a complaint for contamination of water into the streets which happens almost every week.
          I request you to look into the matter and take proper actions about it.

Yours sincerely,
          Balkishan Chauhan
          Jasola village
          Ph. No. [protected]

Anthony G

Address:600122

Dear Team,

I am not getting the daily news paper from 24th August 2016.Please check and revert to me immediately with the action taken.

My subscriber id:32057309

Iyyapanthangal
            chennai .600122

vedor name:gnanam
            depot name:kumanachavadi.

I am not able to get connected to the help time[protected].
            Pls check that also.

With regards,

Anthony

amol agrawal

Address:Mumbai City, Maharashtra, 400104

I have subscribed the Times of India -MT Combo under subscriber ID 30149781. start date 16.04.2016 end date 15.04.2017. I have informed TOI on their email ID crm.[protected]@timesgroup.com on 22.07.2016 that I have shifted our residence from Kalyan to Goregaon (West), Mumbai on 12.07.2016 at the following address and request them to start my balance subscription on my new address:.

Amol Agrawal
              Flat No. 102, Shillo Mahal CHSL, Plot No. 53A
              Road No. 06, Jawahar Nagar, Near Brahamkumari Garden,
              S. V. Road, Goregaon West, Mumbai 400 104

I wish to inform you that in spite of many followups, still No body has turned to me to start the newspaper on my above address.

please look into the matter. check mails send my on crm.[protected]@timesgroup.com and take the action to get start my subscriprion on my new address.

Amol Agrawal

Borivali West
              Mumbai 400092

Ashok Narayanrao

Address:Thane, Maharashtra, 421202

As above I paid Rs 1262/- in dombivli for TOI+Mirror by chequeno 326545 SBI dombivli-west on 10-07-16 my earlier period was up to[protected]. Till date I have not received Coupons kindly look in to the matter & arrange for coupons. paper I am receiving regularly, but it is too much delay, your help line no one responding / useless pl settle the things at an earliest.
                The vendor is pushing Pune Mirror along with Times Of India, Inspite of repeated request of stopping Pune Mirror. My address in The Island Wakad pune 411057.
                Name of vendor is Ninit.
                Please advice.

Beni Ram

Address:Thane, Maharashtra, 401107
                  Website:www.consumercomplaints.in/new_complaint

Please find below communication with CRM team but no solution;

Mail Communication:

Why am I not getting firm answer to my queries?
                  Only managerial respond.

Why are you not giving me paper from tomorrow, as already 2 month over in follow up.

I think there is only 1 click difference, which is not being followed by Times group team.

On 07-Sep-2016, at 7:51 PM, crm.dsp wrote:

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

We will do the needful on priority basis.

Please feel free to get in touch with us for any future queries or clarifications on crm.[protected]@timesgroup.comor contact our Customer Care Number on[protected].

Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 7:33 PM
                  Cc: Beni Ram Verma
                  Subject: Re: News Paper delivery address change ( Transfer required[protected]

As discussed with Mr. Mayur on customer care number, he has given commitment for call back!!!but I did not receive any call.

Requested Please arrange my TOI and ET news paper as soon as possible.

I am following from so many days with every body .., local vendor, local area manager Mr Dipak.. And CRM team..but not able to get my news paper and getting worst communication from every body...
                  Why Vendor has started ET copy and suddenly stopped and when I asked clarification, , I am facing rude behaviour.

Since I had already paid for it ...

On 06-Sep-2016, at 9:38 AM, crm.dsp wrote:

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have already forwarded your complaint to the concerned for resolution.

We will again escalate your complaint to our seniors for resolution at earliest.

The address change will take effect from 16/09/2016.

From: Beni Ram Verma [mailto:[protected]@yahoo.com]
                  Sent: Monday, September 05, 2016 11:54 AM
                  Cc: crm.dsp
                  Subject: Re: News Paper delivery address change ( Transfer required )

Still awaiting @@@ET copy also stopped by Vendor,

Please do needful...

On 02-Sep-2016, at 5:19 PM, VERMA BENI R wrote:
                  Today I made a call on Customer Care Number on[protected]. Receive a commitment for confirmation of my news paper delivery by call back.

Discussion happen with Miss Prachi, but no call received from TOI.

I am fed up.

Going to put on customer complaint.

Sent: 02 September 2016 10:20
                  Cc: '[protected]@yahoo.com'

Reminder1

Sent: 26 August 2016 17:15

No response!!

Sent: 22 August 2016 11:47

Dear Surendra yadav,

Could you Please explain, why approx.. 3month required for address change.

I am loosing the day to day update towards global.

Requested to expidite as soon as possible.

Sent: 22 August 2016 11:43

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

The address change will take effect from 01/10/2016.

Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 6:32 PM
                  To: crm.mumbai
                  Subject: FW: News Paper delivery address change ( Transfer required )

Complaint no- 1309103

Called approx. 20 times on CRM no, every time getting dates. Nothing is moving.

From: crm chennai [mailto:crm.[protected]@timesgroup.com]
                  Sent: 19 August 2016 18:31

Dear Subscriber

Kindly send a mail to crm.[protected]@timesgroup.com
                  Regret for the inconvenience

CRM Team

Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 6:22 PM
                  Cc: crm chennai

Please do the needful.

Sent: 18 August 2016 16:54
                  Cc: 'crm.[protected]@timesgroup.com'

Complaint no- 1309103

Called approx. 20 times on CRM no, every time getting dates. Nothing is moving.

Sent: 18 August 2016 16:36

Still No action!!!

Sent: 12 August 2016 09:10

Dear Preetam,

Still News paper not started.

Requested to do needful.

Sent: 23 July 2016 14:07

Dear Mr. Verma

We are in receipt of your request for change in address, which is communicated to concerned Sales team for required changes.

Kindly allow us to get the required changes applicable in nearest implementation date as the process requires at least one month time period.

Please feel free to get in touch with us for any future queries or clarifications on crm.[protected]@timesgroup.com or contact our Customer Care Number on[protected].

Thanks & Regards,

Preetam Kurhade.

Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 3:12 PM

Dear Shriya,

Please find the address proof as attached and copy of Times of India coupon;

New Vendor code is : 77005.

Name : Mr. Ramesh

Kindly do the needful. As soon as possible.

Sent: 14 July 2016 15:11
                  To: VERMA BENI R
                  Subject: Re: News Paper delivery address change ( Transfer required )

Dear Mr Verma,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please help us forwarding san copy of your new address proof for further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Shriya Parab

________________________________________
                  Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 10:51 AM
                  To: crm.dsp
                  Subject: News Paper delivery address change ( Transfer required )

Requested to change my news paper delivery address:

Previous address :

Flat No -203 Bldg -10

Anita nagar CHS LTD

Lokhanwalatownship akurli Road Kandivali East ( 400101)

Privious Vendor detail

Vendor Code : 21633679
                  Name : Vijay bahadur Yadav

News Paper Name : Economics time & Times of India.

Present address :

Flat No -603, Wing – G

Mira Road AAkash nidhi CHS ltd

Mira bhayander Road, Ramdev park Mira road, Thane (401107)

Physically coupon has been had over to present Vendor Mr Ramesh.

Requested to do the needful as soon as possible to get the newspaper delivery to me.

Sep 09, 2016
                  Updated by Beni Ram
                  Still Not Resolved!!!

Rohit Bhange

Address:Mumbai City, Maharashtra, 400060

We have missed 15 papers in last months and again he started to do the same thing from last few days.
                    So let us know if there is any issue from you end or this is happening because of agent irresponsibility.
                    We have paid amount in advance for an year.
                    Kindly look in to this matter.
                    Location - pratap nagar jv link road, jogeshwari east ..mum 400060

Thanks and regards
                    Rohit Bhange n Ashish Mahadik

amitesh asthana
                      from Jaipur, Rajasthan

Address:New Delhi, Delhi, 110070
                      Website:Www.TimesofIndia.com

There's only 1 delivery vendor in D-6 area of Vasant Link. He is fleecing all subscribers with Rs.20-40 charges towards delivering the news paper. Upon refusal to pay the amount, the subscribers are being threatened with discontinuation of services.

Requesting your help with stopping this illegal ransom that we are being asked to pay everyday. Being a big power house in media that you are, if you can't still stop this, I would rather not subscribe to your news paper.
                      We have not received the coupons, we had subscribed for Times of India, New Delhi, English. We got the confirmation SMS on 27th July. Our no. is [protected]. PL do the needful and arrange to deliver the coupons.Otherwise we are not able to read your TOI paper.
                      Please contect at [protected] on the subject cited above for TOI news paper Annual subscription.I want to annual news paper subscription scheme right now.Are you attending the matter by calling me .
                      O.P.Gupta

Roch 2016
                        from Kolkata, West Bengal

Change of address but no initiative taken by times of india

Address:Kolkata, West Bengal, 700034

I have changed my address and inspite of calling the concerned branch near my area, no initiative has been taken from your end and now the respective number is not reachable. This is the kind of service your company is providing to customers. I hope that adequate attention will be taken by the company to retain their old customers like me and provide timely service to resolve my grievance.

I hope my query will be resolved as...
                        P
                        P R Ramaswamy Iyer

Address:Mumbai City, Maharashtra

On29/08/2016 a news item appeared in your times of india, regard
                        The lt general KS Brar, not able to sell his land at Alibaug, as it was marked as reserve forest, in 1998, but it was classified as agricultural land before 1998,
                        Mine is also exactly similar case.
                        I had sent an email to the correspondent, , but he didn't respond, and I also searched supreme court case lists, but not found.
                        I think the news is wrong, please confirm the veracity by giving case number, other details or condemn the correspondent.
                        Sep 03, 2016
                        Updated by P R Ramaswamy Iyer

G
                          G A Castelino

Address:Mumbai City, Maharashtra, 400056

Dear Sirs
                          I am GABRIEL ANTONY CASTELINO a subscriber to TOI Mumbai on annual basis, My present delivery address is F-19 Kripa Nagar, S. V. Road, Irla, Vile Parle West, Mumbai 400056. Mob: [protected]. As I have moved to my daughters place could you please deliver the newspaper to this new address; A 1202 Marigold Meridian CHS, Lake Road, Near Bhandup Police Station, Bhandup West, Mumbai 400078.
                          Please let me know if this request is possible. Thanks.
                          email: [protected]@hotmail.com
                          My subscription no. is [protected]. Its been a month and I am not receiving ur newspaper and also did not got the coupons. Call centre no. Is always busy. Can u pls look into the matter and do the needful.

M
                            Mridushee

Address:Faridabad, Haryana, 121003
                            Website:Times of India

My TOI subscription No. is [protected].
                            I have paid the subscription and the newspapers (Times of India & Economic Times) were to be delivered from 1st September, 2016 but sorry to say that no delivery of papers have been done till this date and I do not know whether it will be delivered from tomorrow. So its a waste of money.

You have an assistance phone number[protected] where you can never get to talk to the customer service representative as he is always busy. You will never get a reply back even if you leave your phone number or the phone by which you have called.

I do not know what is the remedy. Whether the newspapers will be delivered for which I have already subscribed.

N p Srivastava
                            Please go through the subject and pl. Do the best
                            Kindly inform your paper vendor Mr Durge to visit my house and collect the yearly cheque for subscription. I need only Times of India Paper. [protected]

P
                              Pudugramam Subramaniam Krishnamoorthy
                              from Kolkata, West Bengal

Address:700096
                              Website:TOI

I had a TOI Annual Subscription which expired on 30th June, 2016. Your company called me and deputed a person to renew the subscription. One lady came and filled up the form. In spite of my repeated requests, she did not produce her TOI Identity Card for verification. I told her to show me the identity and then only I will give her the cheque. She refused to do and left saying your subscription will not be renewed.

I was astonished to see this type of a behaviour. I reached your office around 12th August and reported to this to TOI Subscription department.They said the TOI subscription offer is no more available. I wonder how come your organisation operates. Highly unprofessional, unethical.
                              Aug 31, 2016
                              Updated by Pudugramam Subramaniam Krishnamoorthy
                              No resolution to my complaint

J
                                jicdscbl

Address:110087

This is to bring to your kind notice that we had issued a cheque no-83 Dated-05/07/2015 Drawn at Bank Of Baroda ( Statement attached)in favor of Times of India for subscription of Times of India issue for 15 months.(July 2015 to September 2016). We regret to inform you that we are not getting our copy of the newspaper since June 2016. In addition to this, we are being over charged by the newspaper vendor in the name of delivery charges, i.e. differently for two newspapers, delivered by the same vendor and to the same reader. On enquiring about the same, the vendor ( Sumit Poddar) misbehaved with me saying "take the newspaper if you are interested, otherwise don't. I will charge like this only'. I complained to your customer care at crm.[protected]@timesgroup.com via e-mail on 18th of July 2016. The complaint was forwarded to Mr.Karan Sharma by your department. He visited our house along with Mr.Gopal. Mr.Gopal was of the view that the newspaper vendor was right in charging the delivery charges and as far as the issue of non-delivering the newspaper I should contact the vendor to resolve this issue and they are not able to do anything in this regard.

After so many efforts I obtained the contact no. of Mr.Negi, a senior official of TOI. He promised me several times for resolving this issue but he did not do anything in this regard. And when I spoke to him last, It was apparent from his views also that the vendor is right and they could not do anything in regard of delivering the newspaper, for which the subscription money has already been paid in advance for 15 months directly to the Times of India.
                                This is a matter of big surprise to me that how the company (who already received the subscription money in advance to deliver the newspaper for 15 month) can deny and say that they can’t do anything in this regard.
                                In the light of the above facts, it is apparent that either the TOI is at the disposal of the vendors or there is some kind of a scam in TOI, in the name of delivery charges and delivering the newspaper.
                                I would like to bring to the notice of the authorities that I am being deprived of my right to have the basic necessity, i.e.newspaper and the right to be educated.
                                I would like to request the concerned authorities to intervene into this matter and resolve the issue within 48 hours.
                                As I’ve been already running behind your officers and requesting them to resolve the issue since two months, now I expect the concern high authorities will take this matter seriously.
                                Any further delay in this matter would definitely force me to escalate this matter to the litigation and to the media as well.

Vikas Gupta
                                My new residential address from 22.08.2016 is B604, CELESTIAL, Newry Enclave, Plot No.2, Avadi-Poonamalee High Road, Paruthipattu, Avadi, Chennai-600072.
                                Please do the needful to deliver English daily "Times Of India" at new address with immediate effect.

Thank You.