The Hindu Complaints & Reviews

Last updated Jan 31, 2023

File a complaint to The Hindu

Having problems with The Hindu?

File a complaint and get it resolved by The Hindu customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

The Hindu

The Hindu Website

The Hindu Head Office Address

The Hindu Kasturi Buildings 859 & 860 Anna Salai
Chennai
Chennai District
Tamil Nadu

The Hindu Phone Numbers

The Hindu reviews & complaints(818)

I had subscribed to Businessline - annual subscription - on 16 sep 2022 (reference# [protected]). I have received the paper approx one per week instead of daily.

I have been calling the customer care and also emailing customer care almost on a weekly basis asking them to cancel the subscription and refund the money. They have been stating that they will resolve it in a day or two. Nothing has been done and money is not refunded. I am shocked at the attitude of a company like Hindu not refunding a relatively small amount of money. Not sure if it is worth ruining their reputation for paltry amounts.

It is really sad to see them cheating a customer like this. They should realize there are many other papers which are equally good or even better. I for one, will never get into their annual subscription offers ever again. For that matter, no subscription whatsoever.

Subsribers, watch out, do NOT get into any annual offers. You are not guaranteed any delivery and you may never see the paper or your money again. Buyer beware.
The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I recently bought the newspaper subscription by paying 3096 rs. Its been more than 3 months i am not getting newspaper delivered. Can you please find out and get back to me? I have raised complaint 2 times but there is no response. If you cannot deliver atleast refund my money

Order id: W20221019ESUB7128

[protected]@gmail.com
      not getting
      The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I'm Deepa Alagarsamy and subscription ID OFF_011682 . Subscription period from 16-11-22 to 15-11-23. Not received any newspaper till date. Please change my subscription period as I have already lost 16days of paper and start sending me the same as soon as possible.
        The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I am a subscriber of hindu for the past 2 years. Currently I am not able to access the Hindu paper.I am a UPSC aspirant.Kindly solve the issue asap
          The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

My mobile display so large size these documents doesn't support so I want to cancel my subscription of the Hindu e-paper subscription .
            The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I once again forward the mail sent to the Hindu by me requesting to correct /rectify the mistake done by me unknowingly while renewing my annual subscription for Hindu newspaper home delivery hard copy...
              1)Name..A.C.Bharath Bhushan
              Sub ac no [protected]
              My registered mobile no.[protected]
              2) Residence...
              Flat B/6, second floor,
              Rathnam Castle apartment
              Plot..758
              7th main...

It is not loading despite proper network
              The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I had subscribed for Hindu newspaper for one-year from July 21 to July 22..From July 22 new agent is delivering the paper and he is asking us to pay the subscried amount once again as the old agent was being absconded without paying the money.why The Hindu lost control of its agents and i am under mental agony because of this agent.I request the The Hindu customer care to take action.
                The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Gupta Newspaper Agency Budaun Distributor - Pali (Mob - [protected]) is charging more than MRP which is ₹12 on regular days and ₹ 15 on Sunday, however, the distributor is charging ₹15.5 and ₹18.5 respectively.
                  They say the additional charges are for transport, but when I contacted The Hindu via email, they didn't respond.
                  The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have subscribed to The Hindu from July 1st 2022 and It's been 2 month and 5 days haven't received a single copy.called customer care 7 to 8 times, every time talking to new agent who promised paper get delivered in 2 days, still no sign of newspaper. The customer care is so irresponsible they just take calls and don't resolve the customer issues.
                    The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

From the past 3months I have subscribed to hindu news paper through my local distributor, In these past 90days I haven't recieved paper for almost 10days and when I ask distributor about it he not only responds recklessly about it but also says that it happens and If we are concerned that much we should stop subscribing to the hindu, whats the use of such distributor who won't even respect his customers. Kindly take action regarding this issue, thanks.
                      The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

My younger sister mistakenly subscribed to the Hindu (UPSC basic) plan. I want to cancel my subscription. I have already mailed my problem but there is no one responding.

registered email - [protected]@gmail.com.
                        User Payment ID: UPX60D3XGC4T
                        Application: The Hindu Group (AID: 3qrmsuqPpu)
                        The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I renewed my subscription by paying Rs.2399 online bank account on 8th may.2022.The reference number from my bank account statement is[protected]GANNNXBK0.Soon afterwards I went to visit my daughter in usa.There the business line site did not allow me to login.I presumed that probably the subscription was not valid for that country, I returned day before yesterday and find the problem continues in India.Please resold at the earliest.
                          The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Sir, I wanted to buy a month subscrition for The Hindu e paper so I bought it but the money got deducted from my account and subscription has not been activated yet. Therefore, kindly, either transfer my money back to my account or activate the subscription
                            The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Hindu_NewspaperHi sir . Today my newspaper The Hindu @ Hyd dominated with pvt add with gum on front page and missing words..am disappointed with this.. I want to know who is the responsible and ur response... It is happened on July 9th.. chikkadpally distributor response.. it's directly from company the Hindu...sir want to know who is the responsible and i want compensation..see video on my twitter @https://mobile.twitter.com/Kishan43951273
                              The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

As u can see that when the national award was declared on 22nt July 2022 the best actress award was given to Aparana balamuruli .On 23rd July 2022 the best acter's photho was only published in Hindu s 1 St page there was no photo of the actress in the 1 St page only her name was written. I don't understand why it is happened? Because she is a women or because she is a keralaian that is the problem?? U should give a correct explaination to it
                                The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

There is a massive difference between Delhi and Patna's TheHindu edition . As students, we miss great topics which are given in the Gist paper. why is "THE GIST "not included in Patna's The Hindu?
                                  The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I am residing in Bangalore and have been a regular reader of Hindu for the past 8 years. For the past 2 years, I have not received the Metroplus supplement along with the regular printed edition. Can you please clarify if it has been stopped by the company, or not provided by newspaper agent ?
                                    The Hindu customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have subscribe weekender which has not been delivered till now i have paid rs.1299/_ through my cheque 339886 dt 20/5/22 of SBI, Bypass, madurai
                                      Under the said condition you are asked to not to supply the weekender and the amout may be used as donation for you
                                      Yours