Uber India — penalty charges for cancellation 13 march

Dear sir
I am thankful to you for sending me the receipt of the cancelled trip, however i wish to bring to your
Notice the circumstances under which i was forced to cancel the trip on 13 march for a trip from dwarka new delhi to gurugram.
I did get the information that car no. Hr74a9511 driven by ilyas was assigned to me but the car did not
Fetch up even after waiting for 15 minutes. When i contacted the driver he said he would take 15 more
Minutes and he was on his way, but he did not fetch up. When i contacted again, he said he would come
Shortly but he did not. After couple of minutes he rang me up to say that his car has developed a defect
And he would not be able to come and i should cancel the trip. When i told him that he should cancel
And i should get an alternate vehicle he insisted that i should do and i will not be charged penalty
For cancelling. I was already getting very late for my trip and was not in a position to waste any more
Time in arguing with him. To get another car i had to rush and cancelled the trip as suggested by him.
However i realized later that he tricked me in to paying for cancellation.
You may like to verify and take necessary action against the driver and also reimburse me for the agony
And inconvenience caused to me.
Hoping for a favorable response.
Brig i n bhatia
Mar 22, 2018

Uber India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Uber India