Airtel Broadband - Plan offered but not activated

Bhautik Joshi
Airtel Broadband customer care has behaved really weird this time, it started with a call from a super charged customer rep eager to offer me some exclusive BB plan, Explorer 1099, which offered 384 Kbps day time and Night 1 Mbps Unlimited browsing, i got even a mail from that customer rep, with plan details, the ordeal then began with different customer care people calling me from Mumbai and Bhopal

Mumbai customer care told me that the plan is not for Maharashtra & Goa circle, it was meant for Gujarat customers. so i irked a bit and left the thought of that plan, again i got a confirmatory mail informing me that my plan change request is in process, got few calls last week informing me that plan change was done and i could subscribe to free Rs 100 Speed on Demand service, PC secure antivirus, luckily i did not subscribe to any of it, again some moron called me from Bhopal customer care this friday and informs me that the plan could not get activated due to some technical error, and i happened to call up customer care the same time and the guy at customer care informs me that there is no record on my account about the plan change.

I blew my lid off and blasted the customer care rep calling from bhopal, i just felt being a victim of some bad marketing error joke, now im gonna complain to nodal officer and lets see what happens.

Comments

RMAM

It is very common in airtel broadband. The same thing happened to one of my friends. Unable to bear this, he changed to some other service.

Dear sir/madam
This is to inform you.I m order to take connection in satna (M.P)
But your sales exec not coming and give me connection.

Vikas sinha
Rajendra nagar gali no 05
In front of bagri building
Satna (M.P)
N Apr 20, 2011 by
saptadip Airtel  - Bangalore, Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Different broadband plan activated - Airtel

Dated 14-04-2011, I had applied for an Airtel broadband connection (Application no. :- 234018). The plan promised was Browser 699 and a photo of the application sheet is uploaded to testify this. The plan promised unlimited download and 512 kbps speed upto download limit 5 GB, 256 kbps thereafter. However, the broadband plan Surf 699 was activated, without my consent or knowledge, which has a speed of 1 Mbps and charges me 20 paise/MB after 5 GB download limit is over. This was confirmed by Airtel after 4 days of internet usage, that too, after repeated asking. When I approached Airtel first time, they mailed me confirming the plan is Browser 699( mail number: |BAL|Qrc3757128|). But after asking second time, they mentioned a different plan, Surf 699. Please note, that I have mailed them saying, I am not paying any extra amount and I have already paid my first month's rental.

Saptadip Saha.