Lenovo Laptop - Cd DVD RW drive is not reading CD

parmesh
My Lenovo Y500 series is having a problem in CD DVD Rw, my notebook is is just 2 - years older. it is making so much of noise after inserting dvd or CD And also not reading CD, s just show blank on the drive.

whats the problem i dont know

Comments

not reading dvd's - Lenovo

my lenovo laptop y500 series of model number 7761-4eq.serial number ma-6xf14 has got some problem its not able to read dvd's.i wanted to know if my laptop is in warranty period and if it is tell me a place which is close to Ramaiah college at Bangalore m.s.r Nagar so that i can get my servicing done.waiting for your reply...

Dear sir
I Purchase a lenovo Y500 Note Book in july-2007 I have a problem with my CD/DVD RW the driver can not CD and DVD, But it read only original CD/DVD like windows vista, i ball and lens cleaner.I clean my lens with lens cleaner but not run
Ravi Shankar Soni
e mail- er.ravishankarsoni@gmail.com
Mobile- +91-9887164001

also reply me for the same problem...nd till wat time it can be replaced from the date of purchase..
thnx in advance
Nick

I have the same notebook and face the exact same problem. I have used my dvd drive very rarely and it does not read cd/dvd at all.

Dear sir
I Purchase a lenovo Y500 Note Book in feb-2007 I have a problem with my CD/DVD RW the driver can not CD and DVD, But it read only original CD/DVD like windows vista, i ball and lens cleaner.I clean my lens with lens cleaner but not run
Abhishek Kothari
+919970469276
kotharis_1985@yahoo.com

Dear Sir
I purchase a lenovo Y410 in april 2008. I have a problem with my CD/DVD RW the driver can not read and write CD and DVD.
Anup Kumar
e mail- er.anup07@gmail.com
Mobile- +91-9919999985

Dear Sir

My Lenovo Y410 series is having a problem in CD DVD Rw, I purchase a lenovo Y410 in april 2008. it is making so much of noise after inserting dvd or CD And also not reading and writing CD and DVD, just show blank on the drive.

whats the problem i dont know

Anup Kumar
e mail- er.anup07@gmail.com
Mobile- +91-9919999985

my cd drive cannot read cd so plz help and call me on 9920379115

URGENT
I have lenovo Y410. The CD/DVD driver can not read any discs.
Kamal Ralhan
kamal.ralhan@gmail.com

i have a lenovo Y500 laptop...
its CD/DVD is not reading the data ...also its making too much noise, , ,

what is the solution to the problem???
should the cd/dvd slot be replaced or sumthing else???

plzz suggest...

thnxx..

aditya agarwal

dear sir
i have a lenovo y500 laptop. it is showing problems cd drive. whenever i insert a cd it ask for a new cd burn. but it reads dvds very clearly. could you please rectify the problem and mail me the solution in the givin id

vishwanathsaivenkat@gmail.com

i will be highly obliged if you heed the request.
thanking you
dr v jagannath

I have lenovo Y500 series and facing same problem of CD-DVD drive. It is not reading any CD.This problem was once rectified also by Lenovo authorised service station however problem started back in an one month of time.

I dont know what is the permenant solution.

Hello
I have a Lenovo Y 500. when it was under warrenty. Its ODD was replaced with a new one.But after 1 moth it again stop to read CDs/DVDs. and recently it stop to read its Original vista Setup DVD.yesterday i took one key recovery and then it read only once the original driver DVD and again stop to read any cd/dvds. kindly give me a right solution.

mukul kumar

I have lenovo y410 .its odd was replaced recently.But after 1 month it again stop to read CDs/DVDs.even it
r not reading its original vista setup DVD
SO plzz give me a right solution

the worst laptop i have ever seen... i had already chage ODD last time.. it work 10 days perfectly fine then again same condition... DVD is again not reading... only the original CDs and DVDs are reading...
rajesh

My dvd drive is not working..

I have a Lenovo Y500 laptop purchased in 2008 too, and it has the same problem. The DVD RW drive just doesn't work most of the time. Shows blank disks regardless of what is on them. Tried getting support, but nothing has helped.

cd/dvd rom - lenovo-laptop

this y 500 is the worst series started.i have already replaced my cd/dvd rom twice within the warranty period...still it is not working properly and the problem continues to persist...Now when i called the head office...they want me to pay Rs.6000 for its replacement...why should i pay?...I want the company to take an action as soon as possible...

Dear Sir
I have purchased a Lenovo laptop of Y410 series before almost one and half year. It had a problem with CD/DVD RW the driver (just after 3-4 months of getting purchased, although it was not used much) that it could not read/write CD/DVD and the same was resolved by chaging it. Since then I have changed it two more times after the one year Warranty and now it is having the same problem for a few days. I am really fed up with this and will be grateful if you could tell some stable resolution of this problem ASAP.

i purchased lenovo Y 410 1 year back.. i also have problems with CD/DVD drive... after inserting dvd it is showing as blank cd or dvd. i am fed up with thiss. i would never recommend lenovo to anybody else.its making too much noise alsoo after inserting DVD... please helpp

Lenovo Laptop - Cd DVD RW drive is not reading CD