HIG(U)3/8, SWARANIKA CO-OP, , Prantosh Das Gupta
Shakuntala Park, Tel. No. (033) 2498 2112
Biren Roy Road (W), Sarsuna, e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Kolkata –700061 Dated the 6th August, 2008.
SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF ONE SAMSUNG SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER by The CAPITAL’:
DISREGARDS TO BASIC INSTALLATION PRACTICES &
Ref:1)‘The CAPITAL’s Cash Tax Invoice no CASH/737/06 DATED 01.06.08.
2) Invoice no. 6147/2007-2008 dated 01.06.08 with Records Thereto
When we decided to go again for ‘Samsung’ - a Split Air- Conditioner this time - from again ‘The CAPITAL’ 248/A, Diamond Harbour Road, Behala, Kolkata-700060, - Unit of Anand &Co., Electronics Pvt. Ltd., the following aspects of the Layout & Installation were insisted upon during ordering, to Sri Rajiv Dey- the Sales representative (M:9331885181) who promptly nodded..
1) Location of the Outdoor Unit, should be above the Sunshade of the Window, ( 3RD Floor)- as explained by a Layout Diagram – similar to the Ones installed in the two Buildings, opposite to our Building, and elsewhere nearby. The Staff during Installation, it was also pointed out, should use Safety Belts.
2) The Outdoor Unit should be protected from Birds etc., - as even the one fixed earlier in the Window is used by Birds as a resting place, by a Cage for which one Mr. Taj Mohammed( tel no 98304424525) of Ms Tara Industries- ordered by ‘The CAPITAL’ to install the Units, demanded Rs 2400/ instead of Rs 1900/ billed by Sri Rajiv Dey, and that was readily agreed to.
These features were completely ignored during installation, as also recorded in the ‘Invoice cum Delivery Challan’ no. 6147/2007-2008 dated 01.06.08 - duly acknowledged & signed by the Installation Mechanics who, on being authorized by Sri Rajiv Dey, took Rs 1900/ in Cash & Cheque for Rs 22500/ for the Unit. No action whatsoever, on the following items - except prompt encashment of the Cheque, notwithstanding the record, was taken subsequently.
1) The Outdoor Unit has been dangerously installed in the 5” Parapet of the Roof, and the prescribed minimum clearance from the Wall of 300mm( page E5 of the Manual) has not been maintained at the other end (210mm provided.).
2) The Opening in the Wall made for taking the Electric Cable & Pipes may be - being left uncovered, giving enough space for the Rats, Birds, Insects etc., to ensconce.
3) The Absorbent Pad, due to inter alia, rough & sharp edge in the Opening - & no protection thereto, made in the wall, was already damaged as again pointed out to Sri Rajiv Dey, on 30.07.08 & 31.07.08.
4) Further, a portion of the Copper pipe, has been left exposed, in violation of the Instruction at page E5 of the Manual. No Wrapping with Vinyl Tape- as specified in pages E5 & E13 of the Manual, has been done, and the Damages in between must be manifold.
5) The Outdoor Unit, as shown in the Diagram at page E5 of the Manual, should have been at a lower level whereas it has been placed at a much higher level.
The defects in the Installation, it is requested, should be immediately, rectified duly following the Installation Practices so that Safety is not impaired.
The Salesman, it may not be unreasonable to expect, must understand the requirements associated with an Equipment, & as also the Staff sent for installation must be properly equipped and have adequate Understanding, Training & Competence to install the Equipment.
In any case, a Purchaser must not suffer like this for their incompetence & callousness.
After all, Samsung have a Reputation to live with.
This may kindly be acknowledged
( Prantosh Das Gupta)