Tata Sky - poor service

deekay28 on Feb 20, 2011
i purchased a tata sky set top box on 18 feb 11..the assurance given by the dealer M/s Sree agencies (mobile no. 9043213011) was that by 1100 hrs on 19 feb 11 the engineer would come and install the connection. Its been 72 hrs since then nobody from the company has contacted me or come for installation..on questioning the dealer he refuses to help saying now its my problem to get after the customer care of tata sky..I have made numerous calls to tata sky customer care but there has been response from their side..indeed very pathetic and discourteous service from tata sky..I would very strongly urge everyone not to subscribe for tata sky..I want a refund of my money and i want the tata sky to explain in writing for this delay in installation. Further i want action taken against the dealer for misleading customers...

Comments

Dr Lavanya HB Tata Sky  - India

substandard setup box and refusal to give back subscription fees upon cancellation - Tata Sky

We bought tata sky in 2006. In mid 2007 set up box stoped responding (hanged).this was replaced by another set up box and mine was taken away. but within few days again same problem occured withthe replaced one.BY NOVEMBER-07 they replaced 3 setup box(not brand new ones).Now iam having the 4th one which is hung for past72 hrs.The no. of replacement shows thier substandered product and the repair .This time they are saying since the replaced setbox warranty is only for 3 months we have to pay Rs600 and can take AMC for Rs500.
We felt betrayed because none of this information was given to us before.This company is hiding the recurring costs from the customer. When we wrote to their helpdesk for the cancellation of subscription they are refusing to pay the amount of Rs1000+ which is there in our tata sky account(we had recharged withRs2500 voucher in NOV-07) .
Gupta Tata Sky Satellite TV  - India

Lousy services of Tata Sky in Delhi Tata - tata sky satellite tv

I am a Tata Sky subscriber . Their services are extremely losy, no services in fact . If the picture quality goes bad, you can not even make a complaint as they put you on hold and listen to their promos indefinitely . this happened all the times I called them, at least 10 times . I kept incurring STD charges . I was to get a free showcase, but it never was credited . I had to order a showcase, but since nobody lifted the phone than the computerized promo, I gave up the dea . I am in a fix.
SANJIV JAIN Tata Sky  - Pune, Maharashtra, India

We have been calling Tata sky helpline since one week and they are making fool of us. The system is out of order for about 7 days. No satisfactory reply is given. There is poor/no service of tata sky. We are still under the guarantee period. They haraff consumer. There behavior is rude and non- cooperative. There inaction has caused us great mental agony. Action be taken Tata sky for not giving proper service. Damages of rs20, 000 may be ordered.

COMPLAINT NO: 1-1576067980
(SANJIV JAIN)
Avinash Tata Sky  - New Delhi, South West Delhi, Delhi, India

I think you ought to mention here the harassment the existing customers are undergoing, who wish to recharge their account. None of the TATA sky contact numbers are available and perpetually engaged since yesterday. Even their website is very slow. My connection will be terminated tomorrow (due date), but I am helpless as there is not even a single e-mail ID or telephone number where I can call and vent out my frustration built over the last 2 days. Extremely poor service by a company belonging to the world's most reputed group.
Sridharan Tata Sky  - India

FORCIBLY TAKEN AWAY MY MONEY - Tata Sky

With a Grate Admirer of JRD, I got in to the TATA Sky trap recently. I made a subscription to TATA SKY and over promptly paid the money in advance for Set up Box and installation. Then the nightmare started. Though I was promised two months free subscription, the a/c got deactivated within 2 days of installation for the sole reason that I had not recharged the Coupon which was never provided to me. Even the delivery of the set up box and the installation is not even worth mentioning here... Our road side Cable Wala is most reliable than all these hi-fi professional goondas.
usmaniss Tata Sky  - India

tttttttt
Satish Aggarwal Tata Sky  - India

Problem with Installation and Customer Care - Tata Sky

I am attaching all the applications written to TATA Sky about the problems I faced. You can better judge the rest.

Application 1 Written to TATA Sky (No Response till date) –
Auto Response ID 1-1784780239

-----------------------------------------------------------------

We had credited Rs. 2499 on 03-07-2008 for Tata Sky connection after calling your customer care helpline at Chandigarh. It was promised by your executive that SetTop box will be delivered on 04-07-2008 & connection will be installed within 72 hours of booking time i.e. buy 06-07-2008.

Anyhow neither we got the Box nor connection is installed even after lapsing of 72 hours. In the meantime we made calls on your helpline 3 times from Mobile.

I had very good impression of TATA from very childhood but found in this case that TATA is also making false promises as marketing tool.

Dominos is better than tata who promise for 30 minute delivery or free Pizza.

But TATA should be above Dominos but here prospective customers are made to suffer monetary & emotionally regarding faith in a group like TATA.

As you have not fulfilled promise due to inefficiency of your staff/management I want to know that how would you compensate customer.

Hoping for your reply.

Regd. No. 1-1771045729

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Application 2 Written to TATA Sky (No Response till date)
Auto Response ID - 1-1798136977
-----------------------------------------------------------------

That I requested for TATA Sky details on 26-06-2008 & got the brochure on my e-mail address on the same day.

That we enquired from your helpline Number regarding installation of TATA Sky on 03-07-2008 evening.

That we were told that after crediting Rs. 2499/- through credit card, we will get hardware within 24 hours & fully functional installation within 72 hours from time of payment & also told that one month subscription will be free & further told that if we give coupon code (Refer a friend) additional 1 month subscription shall be added to our & friends A/C.

Believing TATA reputation we paid Rs. 2499/- on 03-07-2008 around 7 PM through credit card on Thursday.

That when we did not get delivery of hardware in 24 hours, we made calls on your helpline to get reply that installation will be fully functional in 72 hours i.e. by 6:45 PM on 06-07-2008.

That when we did not got even hardware by 8 PM on 07-07-2008 we made calls on your helpline No’s but did not get satisfactory reply for delay. Instead excuses / interpretation of 72 hours accordingly to your convience which is an act of befooling by your call center workers.

That your delivery man came on 08-07-2008 at 8 PM with hardware which we refused as installation will be further delayed by 5-7 days as per Gurpreet (your call center worker).

Sensing troubles in after sales service which will be most painful because of Saturdays, Sundays, holidays and non-working hours and above all inefficient staff.

It is further requested to kindly refund Rs. 2499/- immediately as you have failed to comply with promise of installation within 72 hours, as commited/promised and even after 120 hours of registration i.e. 3 working days of Friday, Monday and Tuesday as was interpreted by your call center employee Ms. Jasmine and Gurpreet.

Hoping for immediate refund in 15 days to avoid legal consequences.

With regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Application 3 Written to TATA Sky (No response Till date)
Auto Response ID - 1-1807534160

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Please supply us e-mail address of your CEO/MD to complain about services and attitude of call center workers.

Registration No. 1-1771045729
Sanjay Kumar Tata Sky  - Bangalore, Karnataka, India

I am a customer of tatasky for last one & half years. Id is 1011574793. I have complaint about poor video quality of tatasky. The personnel came from tatasky, and said that the dish has become dirty and has to be cleaned to get good reception. They didnot clean the dish. One fine day i see that my account has been deducted Rs 300 from my online account for paid service visit. They have only suggested to clean and the charges are 300. At least when u r charging the money, do some meaningful job, not just minting the money. Who will clean the dish when u r charging Rs 300 for the service?
ajitagrawal Tata Sky  - Bangalore, Karnataka, India

Why to waste your time & money in E-mails & telephone calls any more? You have already waisted your money by purchasing Tata Sky. They will never reply your mail. They will never register your complaint in warranty period. They always try to stretch your complaint till warranty expiry. Only solution: Just throw it away, forget what has happened & get some other alternative. I think, one time pain is better than permanent tension.
Ajit Agrawal - 09810068997
Sumeet Tata Sky  - India

poor service - 7 days no installation - tata sky / satellite television

1. 7 days and till today tatasky has not been installed to our place.
2. Person came to our place to install the product (Pradeep ); after a long time, is highly unprofessional in language.
3. Number of time complaint has been registered at custome care but still no result has came up. majority of times they cut the call without listening to the problem.
4. No complaint section in web site, neither any e-mail address has been given to the customer where we can mention our problems.

Our complaint number is : 1-2346-63709

Please suggest what should we do to the dump box at my place which is of no use for me !! Highly disappointed with the services.

Sumeet Kapoor
Anant Borkar Tata Sky  - India

ineffecient service - tata sky satellite T.V.

We purchased Tata sky on january 2008. From last 15 days its not working, may be due to some hardware problem. we informed tata sky helpdesk several times. everytime we were assured to get service within next 6 hours but still no one has attended our complaint yet.
Ramesh S Tata Sky  - India

I have ordered for new Tata Sky connection on 9th Nov 08 and made full payment with a promise that the same will be installed same day. I was informed at 3 P. m that the installation will be done next day at 2 pm. There was no positive support received from help desk when called (complain no 1-25900-68724).

Next day the engineer reached and insatalled the antena and done the required cabling however the set top box was not yet delivered which according to engineer was supposed to be delivered directly to our address.

The same not yet receved and no one from tata sky helpdesk is able to resolve the query as where the box gone???

I have never experience such a poor /useless support from any of the helpdesk as despite of spending approx 60 mins on local/std; no one given any clear cut answer.

The deliver is in the hand of god now if I am fortunate...
Jagdish Chandra Madan Tata Sky  - India

Suscriber ID 1000957132.

I had reqested the service provider on 28 1 09 to add on spgo pack( NEO spors & Neo Cricket). Since i have multiroom connection (!+3), this service was provided only on one TV set. When I complained in this regard on phone ( 0172- 66006633) on 31 1 09, I was informed to ring after two hrs. Even they would not take my complaint, When I rang this number after about three hours, the same reply was given. In fact the operator sounded rather rude.In view of this bad experience, I would rather not opt for this SPGO pack. PL do the needful by deleting the SPGO pack from my account.
D
keshav shah Tata Sky  - India

I have had a couple of encounters with their customer care and everytime they have been very helpful and resorceful. U cant base your opinion just on one bad encounter, if u had tried to speak to someone else your matter will be taken care of.
D
Dhaval Tata Sky  - India

I am using tata sky for nearly 2 years for now and everytime i got in touch with their customer care have been received well and got my issues fixed ..
Nilesh Tukaram Mhatre Tata Sky  - India

Customer`s harasment by non responce. - TATA/TATA sky satellite television

Yesterday I have purchased TATA sky satellite televion from Hariom Electricals at Khalapur-Raigad(Maharashtra) only on assurance that the same to be installed within 12 hours but as a employ of TATA since 10 years 1st time I have faced failure of commitment from TATA company`s representative.
Very much upsate as the telephonic talk with agency to TATA sky assured me that today in between 5.00PM To 7.00 Pm they will deffinetly installe the same but as on it is not happened.

You are requested to take very serious action against such service providers.

Nilesh Tukaram Mhatre,
Khopoli-Khalapur,
Raigad (Maharashtra)
risbud yashwant risbud Tata Sky  - Bangalore, Karnataka, India

to day i am trying to concat you my id no is 1009514983 i can"t see my tv programs .on tv screen massage shwon digicard problem. i request u pl. solve my problem
Prashant Tata Sky  - New Delhi, South West Delhi, Delhi, India

Hi I have following issue with tata sky
1. Tata Sky provide very easy option to add package but want us to call for unsubscribibg any of the package.
2. Calling tata sky number is pathetic, as threr representative will available only after 10-15 min you hold the call.
3. You do not have any option to register any complaints to tatasky...

OVERALL PATHETIC SERVICE WHEN IT WANT TO UNSUBSCRIBE...
Zenia Tata Sky  - New Delhi, South West Delhi, Delhi, India

First, you can just call them and drop the package. Second, you must have call during rush time. Mostly it takes very little time. Also, there does exist an option to drop a mail to customer services for any problem.
BHARATH KUMAR JANI Tata Sky  - India

POOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND NO RESPONSE FROM SENIORS OF CALL CENTERS - Tata Sky

I have shifted from Bangalore to mumbai and my customer Id is 1016843755, after shifting well in advance i had told tatasky customer care that please make the necessary arrangements to relocate my dish and i was told that it will be charged 300/- for which i paid. After coming to mumbai i have given around 25 calls waiting for 30 mts a call and i use to get the answer our engineers will assist you. when the engineer came to my house to fix the dish they said since my house window is west facing it cannot be placed and asked me to place it on apartment top, where the co-operative peoples are objecting. When i called up customer care they told me that they will refund my money since it is not working. The above things are happening to me from 1st week of April till date and there is absolutely no response. Can any one help me out regarding the after sales services given by TATASKY. It is just making customers fools..

Tata Sky - poor service