TVS Streak (New Variant in Scooty) - Very Poor Performance

Xpecting_good_service

On April 24th 2010, exactly 38 days before writing this review I purchased a brand new TVS Scooty Streak from Kubera Motors in Bangalore located in HSR Layout. Streak is a new variant launched by TVS in early 2009. I am not at all satisfied with the performance of this scooter. It has done just 420 Kms. Here are the issues I am facing:
1. For the first time in the day when I start it, it doesn't start in the 1st kick. Remember all these self starter scooters have to be started using kickstart when you are starting for the first time in the day.
Somewhere after 7 to 10 kicks does it start. Its really a pain to start the vehicle for the first time every day.

2. Here is the worst problem I face. While driving whenever I stop at a red signal or even slow down near a speed breaker guess what the engine simply stops. If I am lucky it starts with the button start else it again takes 2 or 3 kickstarts. Its so painful and embarrasing when a brand new vehicle troubles you like this.

3. There is a screeching sound when I start the vehicle and just as I begin to drive this annoying screeching sound comes which is really very disturbing. The same sound comes even when I am driving the vehcile on a ramp like while bringing the vehcile from a garage in a cellar to the road. This sound comes somewhere near the rear tyre and the engine. When I took the vehicle for 1st servicing there also the same sound had come and the mechanic says that this is common with all the new vehicles where the engine runs on a belt drive. Guess its a problem with every TVS 2 wheeler. So BEWARE.

The director of the showroom very courteously replies saying mine is the only streak which is having this problem. May be but the Kubera Motors technical staff has not been able to solve my issues. I am completely dissatisfied with this vehicle and am going to write to TVS Motor Company very soon and also take them to consumer forum. I rate this vehicle 1 out of 5 and taht 1 is also for the good looks of the vehicle.
Complaint comments 0 Comments