Air India — checked in baggage damaged and items stolen

Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
 Suniliict on Oct 25, 2018
I performed a journey on vacation to my native place purchasing tickets from air india having pnr #: y3337 and e ticket #:[protected]/21/22. The journey was performed from hyderabad to lucknow via new delhi on 13th october 2018 along with my family. After reaching lucknow airport, we have received one of our checked in baggage in open and damaged condition and many items given in hand. The baggage was given at the end when all the passengers left the place so that no other passenger should be able to see what the airport staff is doing with the baggage of passengers. At the preliminary stage we could not find anything missing but when we reached home and checked we found that certain items were missing. When the duty officer was apprised about the incident, he has not shown any interest to find out the cause and shown indifferent behavior. A written complaint is given to the duty officer in this regard. It is highly disappointing and objectionable act by the employees/staff of air india and breach of trust by the airline.

checked in baggage damaged and items stolen

[Oct 25, 2018] Air India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Comments

I made a booking from indore to dubai, but unfortunately i cancelled my booking before 24 hours. airline told me that charges is 200 dhs. but after cancellation air india charged me 310dhs. very bad experience with air india.

thanks