[Resolved]  Apollo Hospital — Telemedicine Department's Negligence

I am a patient of Dr.J Raja Mahesh, from Chennai Apollo First Med.For the last 5years I am under his supervision.This year I planned to do a telemedicine with Him from Kolkata.As I am having serious disease and due to some mishap happened to my family I couldn't go to Chennai this time to meet my Dr physically. On 29th June I called Mr.SURYA from Apollo telemedicine department to get an appointment.He immediately told me it is not possible due to some issues (issue was.not clearly stated).Though he took my appointment. and confirmed me he will let me know within a week.This week on Monday (6th July)again I called and got to know he did not get doctor 's confirmation yet.As the meeting with the Dr is too much urgent for me I called again on 9th July.this time his reply was a surprise for me, he informed there is an issue going on from Chennai Telemed Depth and he was more than reluctant this time. My husband called up chennai directly and they informed there is no problem going on and telemedicine is working. Not sure how a person can be so reluctant in his job while he is dealing with a patient.And how dare he give a wrong information. I want it to be escalated to higher authority to take proper action on this.
Complaint marked as Resolved Jan 1, 1970

[Jul 10, 2015] Apollo Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
ApolloHospitals's response Aug 03, 2015
We apologize for the delay and associated inconvenience, faced by you. We would like to inform you that, Apollo Gleneagles has not done any tele-consultation for the past one month, as we were facing major technical issues, which we were trying our best to resolve. World class service to our patients is our prime commitment and we wanted to ensure technical issues are set in order, before we resume tele-consultations. We assure you that it was not deliberate on our part to deny an appointment date for you. There are other patients, who are waiting for the site to be made operational. The technical issues at our end has been sorted out yesterday. Henceforth we assure you that you will not face any such issues again. Kindly Note - Apollo Chennai is ready to prioritize your appointment with Dr. Raja Mahesh. Please do let us know, a date, which will be convenient for you in this week.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet