[Resolved] Bharat Matrimony — illegal/forcible collection of money by bharat matrimony for forcible renewal of matrimony id b2317317

Amalendu Bikash Nath on Feb 4, 2019
An amount of rs.6700/- has been commected from my bank without getting any consent from me on 03/02/2018. When i talked to them, they said that the amount will be refunded within one week. But the fact is that neither i have not told them to renew the id nor they have taken my permission/discussed the issue with me. It is a fraud/illegal matter being done by bharat matrimony. The refund amount has not yet reached to my bank account. Will bharat matrimony pay me the cost of compensation for the undue mental harassment caused to me & also the interest on the amount in question for the period for which the payment is not refunded to my bank account??
Complaint marked as Resolved Mar 11, 2019

[Feb 04, 2019] Bharat Matrimony customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Amalendu Bikash Nath, Feb 04, 2019
An amount of Rs.6700/- has been collected from my bank without getting any consent from me on 03/02/2018. When I talked to them, they said that the amount will be refunded within one week. But the fact is that neither I have told them to renew the ID nor they have taken my permission/discussed the issue with me. It is a fraud/illegal matter being done by Bharat Matrimony. The refund amount as promised by Bharat Matrimony has also not yet reached to my bank account. Will Bharat Matrimony pay me the cost of compensation for the undue mental harassment caused to me & also the interest on the amount in question for the period for which the payment is not refunded to my bank account ??
Bharat Matrimony Customer Care's response, Feb 07, 2019
Dear User,

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

We apologize for the unpleasant experience you had. Could you please send your Matrimony Id and contact number immediately to [email protected]

Our manager from the customer service team will contact you to fully understand your concerns. Please feel free to write to [email protected]

We would like to inform that while making the payment by selecting the credit card option the auto-renewal option will be enabled by default and the profile will be renewed with the same package and amount. Also we provide an option where you can check the same while making the payment.

Also, we had also provided an option as membership Details in the my Home page to switch OFF the Auto renewal facility. Since this facility was not switched off, it has been renewed automatically.

Further, we do send mail alerts 3 times (before - 1 month, 7 days, 24 hours) before the renewal of the profile to turn off the auto renewal.

Further more, we have mentioned this information in our Terms and conditions, which you have agreed to accept while registering the profile.

We value your association with Bharatmatrimony.com

Team Customer Care
Bharatmatrimony.com

Comments

I always prefer making any payment using my online netbanking services. On that day when I was trying to make payment through online netbanking mode, I was never allowed to make the payment using the netbanking services although I had attempted to make the payment through net banking mode at lease for 3 times.Unfortunately all my attempts for making the payment through netbanking mode were failed, and now I understand why all my attempts for netbanking payment were failed ... it was a very common practice adopted by your staff to not to allow me to make online netban king payment. However, since my 3 attempts to make payment through online netbanking mode were failed, I decided to make the payment using my Debit Card which ultimately made you & your staff to successfully tarp me. Anyway, please try to ensure that the refund payment of Rs.6700/- reaches to me at the earliest.

+91 81 4499 8877 (India)
    +44 20 3608 0267 (UK)
    +1 818 688 3593 (USA/Canada)
    No:94, TVH Beliciaa Towers, 10th Floor, Tower 2, MRC Nagar, Mandaveli, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600028
    Bharat Matrimony - illegal/forcible collection of money by bharat matrimony for forcible renewal of matrimony id b2317317