[Resolved] Bharat Matrimony — membership extension scam

Arvind Chitram on Dec 21, 2017
I have recently purchased a 3 month membership through phone. They made me realize to never purchase anything on phone with credit card. So i paid 68$ as part of a special offer given to me on phone. Online, it is 108$. So they took my card details, everything went well. While the 3 months were ending, i turned off auto renewal. Everything still fine, started using the free membership until 8 days later i see that the membership has turned into premium. I call the company they are saying that i did it from my end. I tried to explain them but they kept saying i did it myself. There was o way i could have done it myself because i would have had to pay 108$ instead of 68 if i did it myself online. So this guy who i gave my credit card details to get the transaction done the first time call me on whatsapp, tells me its a mistake and you will get a refund and don't complain i will lose my job. I was like alright lets give him a few days. So the refund never came. I contacted them again telling them that i got this call, and they didn't want to do anything about it. This company is just a piece of you know what. So i called my credit card company changed my credit card so that this does not happen again. But you know its a pain to know that this is a scripted fraud from that company. So never give your card details to anyone on the phone.
Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 3, 2018

[Dec 21, 2017] Bharat Matrimony customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Bharat Matrimony Customer Care's response, Jan 03, 2018
Dear User,

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

Regarding the discrepancies that you had faced with our services, we apologize once again for the unpleasant experience you had.

We're very sorry to hear this. Could you please send your Matrimony Id and contact number immediately to wecare@bharatmatrimony.com and we'd like to speak, understand the issue better to help you.

Team Contact Center
Bharatmatrimony.com
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

It's waste of spending money for any kind of services with Bharath Matrimony or it's allied services . As you are providing the service that you have promised . And wasting my resources and time .. I have to legally move forward if this is not resolved in time
It's better to find alternate ways for partner search.

+91 81 4499 8877 (India)
    +1 818 688 3593 (USA/Canada)
    +44 20 3608 0267 (UK)
    No:94, TVH Beliciaa Towers, 10th Floor, Tower 2, MRC Nagar, Mandaveli, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600028
    Bharat Matrimony - membership extension scam