[Resolved] BookMyShow — refund of money for cancelled movie show

vinayak Chakravorty on Apr 2, 2018
Last thursday (March 29, 2018) i had booked two tickets for a preview show at wave noida for the film ready player one. The show timing was 6 pm, and the seat numbers i booked were k4 and k5.. We reached the multiplex about 10 minutes before the the show, and were told the show has been cancelled. I asked for a refund of the ticket booking amount, which was rs 421. The guy at the hall paid me around rs 60 less, saying something about the remaining amount being deducted as internet booking cost or something like that.
That sounds like outright fraud. On one hand book my show is meant to be all about online booking, and claims to provide the luxury of booking tickets sitting at home, and avoiding the queue at halls. On the other hand, if i book through book my show, i stand the risk of being cheated of cash and lose money.
In fact, this is the second time in succession that i have had a bad experience with book my show, within a matter of weeks.
I am seriously thinking of not using this service again. Better to book directly on the website of the halls.
Complaint marked as Resolved May 5, 2018
BookMyShow Customer Care's response, Apr 04, 2018

We know this must have caused you trouble.

Please share the contact details (contact number and email id) entered while transacting at [protected]@bookmyshow.com LIVE CHATS or at[protected] as we are unable to trace any details.

Looking forward to serve you soon.

Team BookMyShow

Please Note: Bookmyshow does not look for any bank details or card numbers from its customers. Request you to not share any confidential details to any anyone claiming to be BookMyShow representative.

Ground Floor, Wajeda House, Gulmohar Cross 7, Juhu Scheme, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
    BookMyShow - refund of money for cancelled movie show