[Resolved] Bosch Home India — new refrigerator

Pushkaraj Panse on Feb 27, 2018
Bought a new BOSCH refrigerator on 2-Aug-2017 at my house in Pune: model # KGN57AI40I (505L, Bottom Freezer).

On the last Fri, 23-Feb-2018, the refrigerator suddenly stopped the cooling effect in all its internal sections. I raised a service request / complaint on Bosch India with ID #[protected] on Sat, 24-Feb-2018. Was promised 48 hours response time.

Two days later, on the eve of Mon, 26-Feb-2018, I received a call from a Bosch technician who advised me to keep the refrigerator OFF for few hours and then restart. Dissatisfied with his explanations on what had actually happened to my refrigerator, I requested the technician to not advise me over the phone but to immediately visit my home for an inspection of the refrigerator. He (sheepishly) responded that he had not received much training from Bosch on how to service refrigerators. He did say that he had received Bosch’s training on other home appliances. He did not visit me despite my request. Late in the eve, I called up Bosch customer care and registered an escalation #[protected] and was promised immediate support.

Today is Tue 27-Feb-2018, that is the fourth day after the refrigerator stopped working. Till the time of writing this message at around 2 pm, I have neither been visited by the technician nor been called by anyone from Bosch.

I now feel it was a big mistake to go for the Bosch brand and buy this costly appliance, thinking that Bosch would deliver a good product and would support any issue promptly. I was blinded by the stories that Bosch was a long term oriented company and delivers what it promises, and didn’t care to do my homework about Bosch’s track record in the Indian home appliance market, I think.

new refrigerator
Complaint marked as Resolved Apr 1, 2018

[Feb 28, 2018] Bosch Home India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Bosch Home India Customer Care's response, Mar 01, 2018
Dear Pushkaraj Panse,

We regret the inconvenience caused. We have escalated your complaint. Our customer service team will contact you shortly.

Bosch Home Appliances Team
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

I bought bosch washing machine 6.5 kg on 15.1.2018. there was a noise from the back side of the machine. i called customer service and informed about this. senior employee from the company came and told me tat therw is a problem in shock ab jar clamp. he told it is a manufacturing defect and he suggested machine needs replacement. no reply fem cmp

Arena House, 2nd Floor Main Building, Plot No.103, Road No.12, MIDC, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400093
    Bosch Home India - new refrigerator