[Resolved]  BWSSB — Asking for Bribe for name transfer

I am a resiedent of HBR layout.I want to apply for a name transfer of our water bill.When we approached the BWSSB located in the outer ring road close to Bansawadi and asked for the procedure, they said we need khata and tax paid reciept which we are yet to get it.They said, we have an alternate way of get the things done.Pay us 1500 rupess.Your next bill would reflect your name.People ask for money to do the job for which they are their...Even with out the required document they were ready to do the job if we pay them money.

Comments

hmm. even after i had all the documents they mentioned, i was forced to give some bribe. I just dont want to visit these offices again in my life :(
I submitted the documents for the same, even after submitting all the documents like tax receipt and sale deed, they said that they wanted a letter signed by the previous property owner. After I submitted that they were hinting that It will take time and all, I just ignored and pleaded ignorance and asked them how much time, they told one month, I visited their offices again after one month and checked again, dropping a hint that I will complaint. Then in the next bill the changes was reflected.
That was for Electric meter transfer, I will have to get the same done for the water meter transfer.

Bangalore Water Supply & Sewerage Board [BWSSB]