[Resolved]  Canon Cx5500 Printer & Scanner — No Service

I had bought canon CX5500 Printer n Scanner .. Serial No. * K37V004138 * 02-101.
Within a month and after printing just about 50 black n white text pages the black ink cartridge was empty. Therefore i bought a new cartridge of Rs 460/- and after installing the cartridge the computer was saying incompatible cartridge and it showed the ink full and also date of the cartridge in the PC.
I complained about it to the service station and i got a Complaint number JR No 157832 and they said they would solve the problem within a day or two..
I got a call from the local dealer that he'll send a technician to see the problem. As the time passed away i was just waiting for the technician but no one came.. After 4-5 days i called the local dealer and he said the technician will come soon the delay was due to generating some code...
I waited further .. then after 15-20 days i called him he said that the service cartridge is not received yet by the company so he could not come.. now it's more than a month but even i don't get any communication from the dealer.. i've to call the dealer to ask the status every time.. i don't know how much time he will take to solve the problem ...

I M REALLY FED UP ... DON'T GO FOR CANON PRODUCTS...
SERVICE IS WORST

Amar
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

I've had a similar problem with a Canon Pixma MP800, which clearly has a design flaw in that over time it doesn't recognise any Canon print cartridges, thus making the entire "All-in-One" printer unusable.

I have discovered that can offers no support of any kind in the UK on their consumer products. I have spent two hours trying to find someone at Canon who can try to help fix a common problem on one of their machines. Either the customer staff are clueless and unhelpful or they refuse to answer their phones.

I would strongly discourage anyone from buying Canon products. They break down and there is no support to have them fixed. I shall now throw away my printer (15 months old) and buy another brand.

Canon are rubbish. Shame; they used to offer very good support

Canon India Phone
    Canon India Address
    7th Floor, Tower B, Building # 5, DLF Epitome, DLF Phase III, Gurgaon, Haryana, India - 122002