[Resolved] Chevrolet Optra 1.6 Base — Huge engine repair costs within 33000 km mil

pathyiyer
I had lodged a complaint (Service request 18037) with GM regarding my Optra Base 1.6 Petrol which I purchased in Feb 2004. It has run only 32000 km and I have maintained it well.

Car Registration No KA01Z9035
Engine No 3041542
Chassis No 304564

I have been giving it for regular servicing at TVS and of late at Trident, the new showroom at Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore

Of late, the car was misbehaving for which Trident diagnosed with some engine issue. I am disappointed with engine problem at 32000km reading. A car from GM that too high end car should not give problems especially when I have been driving it right from purchase and had regular service.

I wrote to GM that they should take this on priority to see what went wrong and compensate me for the expense for the current (vehicle still at Trident) and the previous bill totalling to Rs 35000/= But I got a standard reply that the car is out of warranty

Though the car is out of warranty, a car from a reputed company like GM should not give serious engine troubles at this mileage, that too when the car is single owner driven and gone thru regular service maintenance.

Pathy
Bangalore
+[protected]
Company agreed to absorb the cost. It took time, but ultimately company agreed.I have been using this car for another 3 years.
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0Share0

Block B, Chandrapura Industrial Estate, District Panchmahals, Halol, Gujarat, India - 389351
    Chevrolet Optra 1.6 Base - Huge engine repair costs within 33000 km mil