[Resolved]  Honda Activa Scooter — Engine Noise

I bought a Honda Activa scooter from M/s VD Honda, Dwarka, New Delhi last Jan'2008 and until now the scooter was very smooth. I enjoyed my ride always.

However, when I went for 4th servie, I had already crossed the mileage by 1000 Kms. and hence the dealer, M/s Ganpati Automobiles, Gurgaon said he will do the 5th service. I was okay with it. After the service, the vehicle is giving strange noise from the rear tyre and vibration in the handle. It feels like something is hitting the tyre at a particular point.

I handedover the vehicle to M/s Ganpati Automobile and after checking they got back saying that there was some problem in the gear box and now they have set it right.

However, the noice and the ticking has only reduced but it still gives the same vibration. The engine noise is like a 8 year old scooter and its no more enjoyable ride. Though I requested the company to change the parts, as its under warranty, they have not done anything and said they have rectified it.

The vehicle was giving a clear 48-50 kms. per litre earlier and after this service is only giving 30 kms. per litre. This is serious issue and I request your good office to help me out. I ALWAYS HAD A GREAT IMPRESSION ABOUT HONDA'S MANAGEMENT & BUSINESS AND THOUGHT THEY WILL MAINTAIN THEIR PROFESSIONALISM. NOW MY OPINION HAS CHANGED.

Is there any Honda Service Centre (company owned) where customers like us can reach and get the real picture/help and are not harrassed.

Thanks & regards,

S.Sridhar
#[protected]
Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 15:54:52
Complaint comments  5 CommentsShare0Tweet0

Comments

i have same problem in my activa my activa is one year old and when i ride on my activa there is a vibration in handle and make noise
i am living in ahmedabad and my honda dealer is punjab honda
please notify me on this email id :
hiransh.[protected]@gmail.com
hiransh's reply, Mar 10, 2019
Yes i do agree with what Mr Sridhar has to say .I am facing similar problem with my scooter even though it is just a year old.
I have decided to give my scooter to some local mechanic.PLS GUIDE.
I am a resident of Mumbai.
I owe unicorn too.
I aggre. My Activa is just one MONTH old and went for first service. Now engine makes lot of noice and rear break get locks. once I fell down because of that.

Dealer and service center staff are fraud and steeling new parts from sctoor..

What should we do for this...? please help

Balaji
Chennai, India
Mobile : [protected]
Hi there,

Could you please provide an email id yo launch complaints regarding the Honda Dealers in the bike segment.
Any official sites which helps consumer on their rights.

please mail me on [protected]@gmail.com

Abdul

This is to inform you that the Honda service station in yelankka, Bangalore is not good.Because I found that they are changing the old parts of vechile with the new vechile.They are changing the engine oil more than the Market price.
The service inchange by name Sunil is not at a professional guy.

Babith

Honda Cars India Phone
    Honda Cars India Address
    D-126, TTC Industrial Area, MIDC Shiravane, Nerul,Thane-Belapur Road, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400706