[Resolved]  Mahanagar Gas Ltd — Haressement Due To Wrong Billing

I hemen Bhatia am the resident of Mahavir Majestic CHS, Magnum-103, LBS Marg, Kanjurmarg-West, Mumbai-400078. I have a pipeline gas connection of Mahanagar Gas Ltd (MGL) for which I am continuously getting wrong billing, below is the history of the complaints I have registered to their customer care. I have taken the gas connection in the month of Jan-Feb 2008

I was not getting bills for months; the first bill I got was in the month of Dec 08, which showed that the amount payable was around Rs. 6751 and the units consumed were Rs.571. Due to this error I had registered a complaint with MGL in the month of Dec 08 or Jan 08 and my complaint number as per their records is 61476. I was told the error would be rectified in the Feb 09 bill 09, but it was not and the bill of Feb 09 showed the previous bill amount as arrears. I again registered a complaint (Complaint no 29070) and was told that the bill would be rectified later.

You would be shocked to know that I have made two more complaints recently (Complaint No – 240979 & 241011) as the bill I got recently is still showing wrong details. Th units consumption as of Nov 16, 09 is 142.318 out of whihc I have already paid Rs 400 on lumpsum basis, bu the consumption as per bill is still 714 units amounting to Rs. 8824. The bill is showing wrong arrears as well interest on arrears.

I request Indian Consumer Complaints Forum to look into this matter, as I have literally got harassed from MGL for the mistake of theirs. I am alos showing the current bill which I have received.

Haressement Due To Wrong Billing
Haressement Due To Wrong Billing

Mahanagar Gas  Phone
    Mahanagar Gas  Address
    G-33 Block, Bandra-Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400051