Show menu
FAQ FAQ Categories Categories Sign in Sign in

[Resolved]  Maharashtra Co-operative Housing Society Rules — Max. amount of penalty charged for delay in maintenance?

What is max. amount of penalty that can be charged for delay in monthaly maintenance charges?

Was this information helpful?
Yes (0)
Aug 14, 2020
Complaint marked as Resolved 
Complaint comments  181 CommentsShareTweet


Playing outdoor games like cricket and football in the housing society premises.

Myself and my parents live on the second floor of a 1BHK flat at Mumbai suburb. We own the flat and are a member of the Cooperative Housing Society. Below the building we have some open space around the stilt. The problem is that lots of grown up school going children in the society play cricket just below our flat very close to our windows.
This is such a nuisance that they make loud noise and many times there were instances of cricket balls being thrown into our flat, fortunately the window glasses have so far not broken, but there is every chance of the same.
Earlier in the past also such things have happened which led to quarrel. Last time some ~2 years back we had to file a police complaint due to this nuisance and the police had given the orders to completely stop the nuisances and the outdoor games in society premises.
Till some dyas the orders were followed but the problem again started and we had to warn the society of filing a police complaint after which it stopped.
Now again since some months the problem has started. When we objected, some members of the society whose childrens play outdoor games are telling "Go and file a complaint to anybody. We will play cricket and other game here only in the society".
We have talked to the Secretary and the Managing Committee of the housing society and even submitted a complaint in writing. However as per our previous experience they don’t take proper action permanently as their children are also involved in this.

As member and licensee of these building we have right for peace and tranquility and this cannot be taken away by these boys who are not only creating a lot of noise but also indulge in hooliganism when asked not to play and disturb the peace in the society.

It would be a kind help if you can advise and guide me as to what course of action I should pursue to stop this nuisance permanently.


Rupesh KP
June 20, 2009

Ref:Maharashtra Co-operative Housing Society Rules Complaints
Dear Sir,

Sub: Playing cricket and football in the society Krishna Kamal CHS Sector 21, Nerul (East),
Navi Mumbai 400 706
This is draw your attention that some of the boys from our society are playing cricket and football in the society complex and creating noises and mayhem in the society for all the residence of the building residing in these buildings and also for the resident of row houses across these two buildings.
As member and licensee of these building we have right for peace and tranquility and this cannot be taken away by these boys who are not only creating a lot of noise but also indulge in hooliganism when asked not to play and disturb the peace in the society. It may be noted that electrical fittings of the building no.6 on ground floor was completely uprooted by these boys playing football, and in some places even plaster of one of the building has come out due hard strikes from a very heavy football This is very serious matter and earlier also we have reported the matter at Nerul Police Station and police was called in the society, who immediately summoned then caretaker of the builder and ordered him to immediately stop this public nuisance in the society complex.But after the formation of the society this menace again started in the society with the explicit connivance of the Secretary of the society as his own sons are involved in this rowdiness

I therefore request you to kindly take serious note of this public nuisance in the society and ordered immediate halt to playing of cricket football and other games creating noise and commotion in the society. As you are aware that we have right for peaceful living in the society and this cannot be infringed by anyone.

Thanking you and looking forward your immediate corrective action in the matter.

Yours truly,
Our society is registered but still not issueing a bill for maintenance and it is taking maintenance as upkeep charges, whether it is allowed.

Maharashtra Co.op. Societies laws — Maintenance Charge

Present by laws saying service charge (lift maintaince, common lighting and other) are equal to all members if it is 3BHK or 1 RK.
As per present socio economical condition it should be divided as per size of flat.
Dear Sir / Madam,

Our housing society got registered 10 years back. But since then we have not made any audited Balance sheet. I want to know what is the penalty for preparing 10 years balance hseet


shweta L Shanbhag
Even i want to know the answer for -----What is max. amount of penalty that can be charged for delay in monthaly maintenance charges?
The fixed amount (not minimum or maximum) of penalty interest that can be imposed on outstanding society dues is 21% p.a. simple interest and not monthly compounded interest.

for professional guidance / consultancy regarding Society / Member problems.
Hemant Agarwal ([protected], preferably evenings)
K-404, Nalanda, Sundernagar, Malad West, Mumbai 400064
email : [protected]
I have my personal purchased parking in building
According to act, society can charged to me.
Already im paying my maintenance
i am purchase a flat in resale in 2005.. builder has allted tarrce for open use. but society is not tranfer my flat. i am taken a loan od bank and society has issue nOC to bank. till date society is not transfer of flat and maintance bill also name of original owner. please give me saggasion what to do


Maharashtra Cooperative Socities Act — Car parking charges

I am a member of a cooperative housing society situated at kandivali(West) and i own 2cars, the managing committee has now decided to increase the existing car parking charges i.e from Rs. 75/- per month to Rs. 150/- per month and the decesion whcih is worrying me is that the committee has decided to charge @Rs.500/- per month for the second car which is not just and fair for the members who own two cars.
There is no issue with car parking space but it appears that the society/committee members want to generate profits in a wrong way.
Please give some fair advice so that i can put up prpoerly to the committee or the registrar of coop. societies.
I am residing in bungelow society in pune which is at present under the status of tenant copartenership housing society i.e. since 1976. our plot is of 3400 sq. ft. .i have following queries
1 -can i build ownership scheme on the plot of 3 flats and how much society can charge as developement charges?

2-society is 40 years old and does not have copies of bye-laws.are they bound by new byelaws 2009?
3-society commite is not co970operative on any issue except they want hefty developement charges
si please guuide me
Dear Sir/Madam,
From aug 2001 I purchased a flat (Area-342sq feet) in A/205, Saiganesh Dham, Vijay Nagar, Kalyan (E). Due to some reason I wants to re-sale this flat but society told first you pay society charges (2 % of total cost of flat), then we will be give you NOC letter after getting customer. And also society told me this is starting from this year. This rule is correct or not? Please told me as early as possible.

Thanks & regards,
Dipak Makare
I have put up a small water tank of 270 ltr's .Society chairman has asked me to remove the tank or he will take action. What should I do? Please help me.

Our society has been charging a compound interest since inception on society dues from Members. Now we want to rectify the same. How can this be done and moreover, should the correction be implemented from the formation date of society. The society was formed 20 years back.
What are the norms for parking charges? can people who have purchased stilt parking be charged, if yes how much, pls give all details regarding this matter.
One of the resident in our society has big dog which goes on barking the whole day and thereby breaking the silence of the society. His noise is loud that even when our main door is closed our ear cant bear the sound of barking. So i want to know what kind of action can we take against them? Is there any rules and regulation in the Act for the same.

1. Previous Managing Committe spent an amount of Rs. 8.5 Lac towards water leakages and painting. But due to poor performance the leakage still continuing. The members become very agrassive in this regard. What action the society can take on the Managing Committee members against such act?

2. Recently, to attend leakage of the building an amount of Rs. 1000/- p.m. for 25 months has been approved by the Annual General Body. The members not present in the AGM are reluctant to pay this extra burden. What is to be done? whether to continue as per AGM resolution or to call Special General Body Meeting.

I have an query. What are the rules and regulations to get the water connection in the shop of a regustered society. The society has taken money for the Borewell as well. The monthly maintenance fees will be taken from us and from the society account, they are paying the bills of water(drinking and borewell both).

I want the rules and regulations regarding the water connection
Dear Sir, / Madam

I am a member of a registered society at dombivli, I purchased my flat 2 yrs back. our society is not functioning properly there is no election done in last 8 yrs so far no balance sheet issued to anybody last 8 yrs, the society secretary is staying at chembur not in this society building. if I required any NOC or any other documents I have to go to chembur and collect. secretary is nominated somebody to collect maintenance charges. nobody is asking to secretary any balance sheet.we are totally 40 members, maximum they are calling once in a yr a general body meeting. not any other meeting they are calling. last meeting i requested to secretary to improve society maintenance and make a notice board and show me balance sheet but now they are theratning me. please advice me whether this society is doing is correct?

1. Is there any by law saying secretary should stay in society?
2. Society must show the balance sheet by audited every year ?
3. Wheter Society memeber can ask balance sheet every year?

Waiting for your help on this matter.

Regarding Non Occupancy Charges : Pl let me know if one of the member is given room to his relatives for staying. Is Non Occupancy Charges are applicable to them and definationf of relatives
Dear sir/madam

I purchase a Room in slum(chwal) area in mulund in 2000, this room with government potopass & slum tax payer. this slum area under Proposed co-po -sociecty form 1995 when i purchase room i will make sale deed, power of attorny, concent with notery.from 1995 developer are change 3 time with sociecty name, i asked for Photooass for such room socicty say this surrender to govt, now sociecty say you have pay transfer fees/registration fees .

if socicety preposed in slum area can i pay transfer fees/ registration fees .

socicety was not intimate any member if change developer and members meeting ect.

Post your Comment

    I want to submit Complaint Positive Review Neutral Comment

    Contact Information


    Add Company Information