Show menu
FAQ FAQ Categories Categories Sign in Sign in

[Resolved]  Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd — Change of name of electric meters

Dear Sirs,
I have been trying to get our electric meters of our society members changed, but have am unable to get it done. The MSED office is asking us to fill up an application in which they are charging us RS. 600 as deposit. Since ous is is an existing connection and there is a deposit depending on our usage. If we pay the RS 600 a new account number is allotted to us and nothing is known as to what happens to our deposit. In due course they will ask us to pay new deposit depending on our usage. In my case I have already have Rs 2520 as deposit with them. I have subbmitted the undermentioned letter to the MSED office at Vasai on 11/6/09 but have not received any reply till now.
Oue complex consist of 34 buildings (Approx. 1500 flats) most o[censored]s would like to have the maters transfered to our names but have not done so because they make it difficult. Some have got their meters trnsfered to their names by paying cash under the table, whilst mos o[censored]s are against this practice.
Your assitance in helping us get this done will be appricated.

Noel Falcon

Copy of letter submitted to MSED

CGCHSL-351-09 10th June 2009

Dy. Exec. Engineer,
Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution co. Ltd.,
Vasai (E), Thane 401208

Dear Sir,

Sub:- Change of Name :- Deposit

The electric Meters in our society are in the name of the builders/ promoters even though our society has been formed & registered eight years ago.

Most of our members would like to have the electric meters transferred to their names. However your local office states that the deposits paid against these meters cannot be transferred and new deposits will have to be made. What happens to the Rs 2520 that I have deposited against account #[protected]. This was brought to your notice, when I first met you a couple of months back (our first meeting).

I understand that in cases where the society has not been formed application Form –Z is to be executed on a Rs. 50/- stamp paper and notarized. However since our society has been formed this is not necessary, a NOC from the society stating the person who is applying for the change of name in the electric connection is the current owner of the said premises will be sufficentwill be sufficent.

Whilst on this subject I would also like to inform you that some new members who have purchased flats recently have changed the electric meter connection to their names without obtaining any letter from the society. The electric bill being an important document as proof of residence for obtaining passport and other government facilities, your department should insist on a letter from the society (There are instances where there are numerous sale deed agreements executed, and it takes considerable time for the flat to be transferred to the final owner). So far in our society there are four cases of change of names (2 old members and 2 new members) without NOC being issued (I understand this can be done by paying some money to the MSED employee).

In the light of the aforesaid, I request you to please insist on a NOC for any member from Building C-8, Citizen Complex requesting for any change in name of the meter connection.

An early reply will be appreciated as I have forms of 14 members of our society who would like to have the connections transferred to their names.


Noel Falcon
Hon Secretary,
Citizen Gardenia Co-op. Hsg Society Ltd.
Naigaon (E), Thane 401208
Was this information helpful?
No (0)
Yes (0)
Aug 14, 2020
Complaint marked as Resolved 
Complaint comments  2 CommentsShareTweet


application electric merter cunnection

I have two flats in my name at Virar, in the undermentioned society, since more than 10 years. The electricity meters are in the name of the builder and one in the name of the former owner of flat. When i applied to the MSED office at Virar, I am told to fill up forms as if i am taking new meter and pay Rs.500 or Rs.600/-.

The electricity bill now a days is an important document we are required to attach with many applications with govt. offices.

when i am owner of the flat, and the meters are already taken on payment of deposits by the previous owners, why not MSED can change the names simply on resenting sufficient evident with regard to the ownership of a flat in the society. Is not society NOC enough for the change of name in the electricity meter.

I shall highly appreciate me to advise at the exect procedure in this regard at earliest by email My email I.d. is [protected]
i shall be grateful for your prompt advise in this regard

thanks and regards

New Shreeji Co Housing Soc. Ltd.
Virat Nagar, Virar (w)
Dis. Thane-401 303

Post your Comment

    I want to submit Complaint Positive Review Neutral Comment
    Mahadiscom / MSEB / MSEDCL
    Customer Care Service
    Customer satisfaction rating
    Mahadiscom / MSEB / MSEDCL Phone
    +91 22 2261 9100
    +91 22 2261 9300
    Mahadiscom / MSEB / MSEDCL Address
    Hongkong Bank Building, M.G. Road, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400001
    View Full Information