Sharekhan Ltd, HDFC Bank Bank — Cheque

Gouri Shankar Sharma

I am having a Dmat and trading account with sharekhan ltd., in Jamshedpur Branch.I have purchsed the share on 17th october 2007 against the margin which sharekhan provides me. The cheque of icici bank cheque no 345357 has been given to the sharekhan on 17th itself amount was 35000. For this service my broker charges 16% rate of interest compounded annually. as per my broker my cheque is bounced by HDFC BANK RAM MANDIR BRANCH, When I asked about this matter to my broker he said your cheque has been deposited to HDFC BANK ON 18th itself it has bounced. When I asked about the bounced reason.neither my broker nor HDFC BANK Branch Manager was able to give methe reason. Whereas my cheque cleared on 23rd October 2007. After asking lots of time Hdfc Bank Branch Manager told me your cheque is bounced due to some technical reason which was not cleared to him as well. but his behaviour was very rude and denouncing as well. in all these instances as a client I have to born the burden of interest at all cost. When I inquire about the matter to branch manager he said he cannot talk me directly. its a matter of between sharekhan ltd and hdfc bank. but in all these events i feel both the organisation cheated me by their good relations. as per sharekhan they deposited my cheque on 18th October. But it is still a puzzle for me how cheque is cleared on 23rd. for this sharekhan has provided me the deposite slip of 18th october which is done by them. These inquries has been done my on 24th october 2007.

I feel it is my right to know why my cheque is bounced. During this activity it is really a demoralising act by such a reputed bank. and for me it is also a hurting moment of my self esteem as well. So kindly do take some necessary action so that this can not be repeated in the future.

Anil Kumar

c/758 B Block

Manbodh Busti Sonari,

Jamshedpur - 831011

[protected] , [protected]
Complaint comments  Add a CommentShare0Tweet0

+91 22 3970 7500 (Customer Service)
    +91 22 6115 1111 (Customer Service)
    +91 22 3970 8090 (Commodity)
    Lodha iThink Techno Campus, 10th Floor, Beta Building, Kanjurmarg (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400042
    Sharekhan Ltd, HDFC Bank Bank - Cheque