[Resolved]  Star Bazaar — EXPIRED PRODUCTS

CASH memo # SLF01S[protected]
CASH MEMO DATE 03/06/12
CASH MEMO TIME:- 01:21PM
CARD #SBS[protected]
After reaching home I realized that the product expiry date was 10/05/12. I was shocked how star bazaar can sell such products that are not even approved as per market standards [EXPIRED PRODUCTS].
Not only that, my second concern was over charging products above the cost mentioned on the packets mentioned.
I approached star bazaar manager Mr. Prakash today evening, and highlighted my concern. He was extremely nice and very polite in addressing my concerns. Also he offered a follow up on this matter as it’s of very critical situation. Apart from that he also offered call back after checking with the management what best he could do as compensation.
For the products that were incorrectly charged, I got refund of the products price and my travelling cost from my house to star bazaar and vice versa.
He also offered a cake as compensation for the expired product being kept and sold.

But I am not happy with the outcome.
I wanted to take this further as this is not the first time I have complained. Few months back, I got an expired Rasna powder packet, and since last 6 months I am getting at least 4 products over charged each month.
Last time I considered this as human error and got the product replaced with the new product. It was Danny/ store manager that time who had addressed my concerns. He also compensated me with Rs. 200. But my concern was to curb such practices by any organization that promises customers best products in the market.
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

is this going to sort. I purchased Idli batter without checking the date. the batter was dated 21st March and i had purchased it on 23rd/ ridiculous service star bazaar . I had asked the person who was preparing the batter and he said its fresh my mistake i did not check the date. we have many things to buy and not much aware of the dates. hopeless star bazaar the batter was stinking, when i checked it after reaching home. very bad and hopeless . stop cheating people

Star Bazaar
    Star Bazaar Phone
    + 91 90 2900 2233
    Star Bazaar Address
    Commercial Tower - 2, Kohinoor City Mall, Kirol Road, Kurla (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400070