[Resolved]  Tneb — Meter Replacement

Hello

I am Vishnu Prasad, risiding at Gandhi Nagar (Adyar). The meters installed by the TNEB authorities for my apartment was not functional since January 2010. While taking the reading in the following billing cycle, we noticed that I immediately went and reported with a written complaint along with copy of my EB card to the AE (Adyar). I requested for an acknowledgement in a duplicate copy as there was no register or tracking number for my meter replacement request. The AE clarfied that the acknowledgment is not necessary. He also mentioned that the meter was out-of-stock and it would be arranged as soon as possible. I never got the replacement done until now (August). I have been paying the minimum amount mentioned during the last 4 billing cyles. Recently, I have been charged with penalties for not replacing the meter which is delayed by their own department due to stock. I am terribly disappointed and would prefer a legal action for the departmental failure and also for causing inconvenience to the customers. Everytime when I follow-up I was updated that the responsible person Mr. Rajasekaran would come and fix immediately. After all the follow-up, the engineer reported today. I am informed now that the meter is damaged and need to pay an additional fee 1300 INR if I need the replacement? On first hand, why did they drag so long. I need to understand who would be right person to hear these grievances so that this does not recur to other customers. Thanking you in advance.
Vishnu

Comments

I am Venkat, residing at AlwarthiruNagar (Near Valasaravakkam). The meters installed by the TNEB authorities for my apartment was not functional since August 2011. While taking the reading in the following billing cycle, we noticed that I immediately went and reported with a written complaint along with copy of my EB card to the AE (AlwarthiruNagar). I requested for an acknowledgement in a duplicate copy as there was no register or tracking number for my meter replacement request. The AE clarfied that the acknowledgment is not necessary. He also mentioned that the meter was out-of-stock and it would be arranged as soon as possible. I never got the replacement done until now (May 2012). Everytime when I follow-up they said that the meter was out-of-stock and it would be arranged as soon as possible. Any one can help me to solve this problem.
Venkat
Hello

I am Aswin, residing at KK NAGAR (KK NAGAR- Near Double tank). The meters installed by the TNEB authorities for my apartment was not functional since April 2015. While taking the reading in the following billing cycle on 22.05.15, we noticed that I immediately went and reported with a written complaint along with copy of my EB card to the AE (KK NAGAR- Near Double tank office). I requested for an acknowledgement in a duplicate copy as there was no register or tracking number for my meter replacement request. The AE clarfied that the acknowledgment is not necessary. I am terribly disappointed and would prefer a legal action for the departmental failure and also for causing inconvenience to the customers. |||

Powercut

Service No. :[protected] T.V.K. Nagar, Tirupur.

From 2 Days onwards powercut