TNSTC — luggage charging for carrying laptops in bus

Tamil Nadu, India
 Raj Kishore Kumar
Dear sir/mam',
I work in a private organisation, an mnc named Honeywell automation India Ltd. My company has provided me laptop for my official works and I regularly carry my laptop during my site visits to various places like salem, karur, cuddalore. Today I started to salem from trichy for my regular site visit at malco, mettur by tnstc bus, carrying my office laptop with me. I paid the usual ticket fare of rs.85 towards travel from trichy to salem and got the ticket.The bus conductor asked me to take ticket for luggage charges against carrying laptop which weighs less than 3 kgs, a dell latitude e6410 model. I refused that since I have been travelling carrying my office laptop for years. He showed me a rule book mentioning luggage charges for computer, monitor, keyboard n other accessories. I explained him clearly that the computer meant a desktop n not a laptop. He refused to accept without any reasons and dropped me down from the bus at a remote bus-stop at an unusual time of 3.40am, returned the ticket amount and took away the ticket from me. This seriously undermines the purpose of laptops which we use for its portability.It raises questions on the improper understanding of the bus conductors and the revenue spent on educating and training them by the government. Requesting the concerned organisation to clarify and notify of any new rules imposed on luggage charges for carrying laptops

Comments

TNSTC — complaint

yow bus vangina mattum pothathu
maintenance pannanum
athuvum unga conductorsum driversum pannra alambal thangala

passengersukku TV vacha shedla ivanga ukkanthu pathuttu travella off panniranga
mothalla atha mathungaya
The bus conductor details are as follows: tnstc bus trichy to salem en route namakkal(3.30 am - 7.30 am). Bus reg no. TN 30 N 1135. Conductor name: Mr.N.Sasikumar
Same happened to me now just few min before I was dropped out, one way to chennai - kallakurichi,
Happened to me a few minutes ago!!
What the hell is going on?? Hope he doesn't know the difference between laptop and desktop computer!! Conversations/Arguments are useless when the other person has no idea what I'm talking about!!!
Government doesn't care about the people who involved in corruption, smuggling and carrying unwanted stuffs in public transportation.. I've seen many times that someone will give a parcel to the driver and he'll give it to the concern person who live miles away!! I'm pretty sure that they will not give tickets most of the times..It's legal in their view.. When a student/Employe/ public carry their laptop they should get an extra ticket!!! I'm using Mac book pro which is less than 1.5 kg... India Urupiturum😩😐😭 Laptop bag la iruntha ticket venamam, kaila irundha ticket vanganum!!! Ennama!! Ippadi panreengalay ma?? Feeling frustrated!!
You may write an email to me if you need any further details, I'm glad to furnish the same!!

Arianbu (at) gmail (dot) com
I was travelling from dindugul towards pollachi ... got a ticket to get down at reddiyarchatram in busTN57 N 1876... first of all conductor was rude for getting into express bus that doesn't have stop but had asked the prior before getting in and then for a ticket charge of 10 Rs for me and he charged 40 Rs for a small TV ( kalaignar TV)... I asked him in a polite way but the conductor was very rude abd spoke in a manner to just get down if I'm not paying ... just bcoz he is govt employee doesn't mean he should nt be polite... teach some behavioural classes for ur employees and don't loot out money taking 40 Rs for a 2 kg TV is too much .
I travelled with my guitar many times but today they charged 85 rupees for it, actually it's 81 and I asked him to give 4rs but he said "we have only 5rps ticket ", first of all they charged which I never had before and next he not even returned the proper amount
I'm from Trivandrum and I usually travel in trivandrum-nagercoil buses.. They refused to stop the bus in my stop.. ( Automobiles stop aralumoodu).. They said there is no stop for fast passengers.. Let me informe something.. All the kerala and tamilnadu fast passengers bus have bus stop in Automobiles (except super fast).. Not only my stop, I have seen many issues in tnstc bus. If they can't stop in proper stops.. Then they should it in the timing of giving tickets.. Also I had very bad experience frm the conductors (not all).. They keep asked about my personal details like my name, home, job and so.. Also I have heard once a conductor used bad word while he was talking or may be arguing to a girl.. Its just about the matter of stopping the bus in her stop.. IS THIS THE WAY OF TREATING A PASSENGER ????

Anju Rose
Please ask your conductors to say the reasons if they don't have change to return.. Also ask them to handle passengers calmly.. Is they are working in tnstc that not means they are the owners of the bus...

Very bad experience ever from Vellore to Chennai today..
I am travelling in bus no 221 from Central to kelambakkam...i am carrying a mini trolley bag which will fit in the cabin and less than 4 kgs... He charged a luggage charges from me. I am travelling with this bag every month for the last 2 years and no one asked for luggage charges. He has collected the money and also very rude to the passengers. Do you have any specific description in the bus which consider as luggage and which are not. Travel date 15th March 2019. CDJ0009 TN-01N-9789.
I am ready to pay for luggage charges provided it is standard for all the buses and specifics are given inside the bus.one bus charging and another do not is not correct.

Head Office, Thiruvalluvar House, Pallavan Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India - 600002
    TNSTC - luggage charging for carrying laptops in bus