Country Holidays Inn & Suites Pvt. Ltd. — membersship id: chisdl772135 - request for refund of membership fee paid

Noida, Gautam Buddh Nagar District, Uttar Pradesh, India
 Liteshrohilla on Sep 24, 2018

We have taken CHIS membership last year in Jul'17. We have not availed any services till now. The cost of membership was Rs. 78, 000 for five years. The benefit under this was - 6 nights, 7 days free stay per year (total 30 nights in 5 years) in 5 star or a 4 star property. Also, apart from above, below mentioned stays were to be provided complimentary in addition to the basic stays :
1. 1 night stay at ITC Fortune, orange Park, Gurugram
2. 2 nights, 3 days stay at some resort in Jim Corbett.
We have not availed any of the basic or any complementary stays till date.

We made on spot down payment of Rs. 30, 000 and promised to pay the remaining amount after completion of EMI of Rs 34, 176(2848*12).

First, Their Hotels are not available at most of the places and available hotels are not worth of membership amount paid by us.

Now, we contacted the concerned person to avail our complimentary stay at ITC Maurya and 1 night stay in Chandigarh.
Now, after an year, the person came up with another additional charge of Rs. 6000 plus GST per year to be paid. This was not disclosed or even discussed at the time of giving the membership an year back.

According to the above additional disclosure of charges, our per day cost of stay would be Rs. 3767 (78, 000 + 35000 - approx additional charged disclosed now as AMC = 1, 13, 000 / 30 nights).

We have compared rates and prices of hotels online across areas and compared, all the hotels prices are less than or equal to Rs.2, 500 per night, no matter we book from whichever external site.

After taking into consideration all the relevant facts and most importantly about the undisclosed additional charged disclosed now when we decided to avail the service for the very first time already an year later when we became member.
I have even drop them an email on 11th Sep 2018, but they don't even to bother reply on my emails.

This breach of trust is highly unprofessional on company's part. We do not want to be a part of CHIS anymore and would request you to refund our already paid amount (Rs. 30, 000) at the earliest.
Updated by Liteshrohilla, Sep 26, 2018
I got a call from CHIS, the person asked me to mark this complaint as resolved.
Apart from this, after charging me Rs. 30, 000 advance money, which I somehow manged to give through EMI from my credit card (overall payment of 34, 254 approx, including interest) he said we will not book you room unless you give AMC(annual maintenance charge) which might be mentioned on the documents I have signed. After 1 year I came to know about this AMC is charged separately from my Membership fee.
He reminded me again and again that you have signed the documents.
I have filled a form in some mall where they said they will give free movie tickets and holiday voucher. Next day I got a call to collect those tickets along with my wife (If you single then you lucky, they don't hunt singles). At around 8:00 PM I reached in hotel where there are lots of couples to whom different people are making fool. After that, a guy came and welcomed us and start showing me and my wife dreams of luxury holidays and places around the word. After an hour he told us about the membership and charges for the same for 10 years which I straight away denied, he somehow managed to convince my wife for 5 years membership by making false promises, that they will provide this and that. They simply said you have to reply them on spot, I don't even have couple of hours to think about it, so, I signed those documents as he said this is formality and have to complete it. And now after one year when I approached them to book a room he is not booking a single night stay without further payment.
And above this my relationship manger is continuously saving that sir please wait I will get the confirmation for your booking.
I have applied for a booking of 27th Sep'18 and at this time 3:35 the person is saying that you will get the confirmation by 4 PM. Now you can image what kind of hospitality they are giving.
Updated by Liteshrohilla, Jan 23, 2019
Till date we have not received any resolution. I request you to please don't get into this trap. you can easily get better properties in lesser price rather you can utilize your funds for some better work or invest somewhere, at least you will get some returns but here only your money get blocked and you will stuck doing nothing like I got into this trap and wasted my hard earned money here.

Comments

Today I received a call from Mr Rahul Arora (Sr Customer Relationship Manager), he was saying that we have more then 5000 hotels but only those(only 67 in India) hotels are listed on web site which have signed a contract with us and for rest of the hotels we will use third party service. And we can't provide you the list of 5000+ hotels because they regularly keep changes.

Secondly he was accepting that Club mahindra has customer in lakhs that's why they have large number of complaints and we just have 3000+ customer only all over India so we have less no of complaints.

Invoice no: chis-nd782949
Reg no: chisnd774048
Date:[protected]
Amount: 140000

Nobody tells me at the time of booking that they are using third party service for hotels booking.
Today I received a call from Mr Rahul Arora (Sr Customer Relationship Manager) and he promised me to refund my complete amount 1, 40, 000 in my bank account, So based on his promise I am taking my complaint back.

Invoice no: chis-nd782949
Reg no: chisnd774048
Date:[protected]
Amount: 140000

OBS TOWER - 3rd Floor, A-Block , A-37, Sec-63 , Gautam Budh Nager, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India - 201301
    Country Holidays Inn & Suites Pvt. Ltd. - membersship id: chisdl772135 - request for refund of membership fee paid