[Resolved]  Flipkart — Gift coupons expired without email reminder

Hi flipkart team,

I am writing here because 2 days talks with your customer support team has failed. I had 2 gift coupons (500 each) given to me by my company. It expired on 29th december 2016, i. E. Less than a month back.

I wanted to buy a watch from flipkart and noticed that it is already expired so i wrote an email to flipkart to activate is for a couple of days so that i can use them. It has happened to me with other companies as well like pvr but they reactivated my card and said, we keep an expiry date so that card is not misused and it is recycled if no one is using it. And that was so nice and clear policy they had and i appreciate that. They said it is your money and we are happy that you are using it on our booking.

Don't understand policy of flipkart in this case. It is not a promotion money given by flipkart that should expire. It is my money which was bought by someone and gifted to me and i should be able to use it. If there is a mistake from my end of missing a date, it should not be charged by forfeiting the cimplete amount. Anyways i was going to use that money on your portal only.

Please provide a resolution. I can provide the gift card numbers when required.
Complaint marked as Resolved Mar 9, 2017

[Jan 23, 2017] Flipkart customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Flipkart Customer Care's response Jan 27, 2017
Customer got EGV as gift where in our T&C validity is only 1 year and we cant extend validity hence customer should use EGV withing time. We are sending reminder email to original buyer of EGV expiry date. Hence we cant extend validity same information given to customer by email.
Updated by hc1501 Jan 27, 2017
I didn't receive any email reminder or SMS reminder. I[censored] send me proof of the same, I will quit.
Flipkart Customer Care's response Feb 05, 2017
Reminder email will be sent to original buyer of EGV expiry date. Hope you understanding.

20741