TERRIBLE service at Gurudev motors
. This is the email I sent to gurudev motors
I had purchased a Skoda Fabia
in September 2011, and at the time of purchase, paid close to Rs.11,000 for a remote key. Since the remote key wasn’t available at the time of delivery it was not fixed.
I was due for my first service now, and I have been on phone with different Service and Sales people trying to coordinate the fixing of this key when I give it for servicing. After several calls, it was confirmed by Vibuthi that I can bring the car for servicing on the 24th of September, and that it will be delivered to me at the latest by the 25th evening. I reconfirmed this on Friday the 21st.
I was not provided a loaner car, and was told that there is no one available to pick up the car. They however promised me delivery of the car. I live in Kelambakkam, and I had to drop the car off at Arumbakkam.
I left the car for servicing at 10am Monday morning and was told again, I will get the car by Tuesday evening. This morning I called Vibuthi just to confirm everything was going as planned, and she confirmed the car will be delivered to me this evening, and that she will update me again at 3pm. However, when I called them up at 6pm, Arun tells me it won’t be ready till tomorrow. He tells me this is a pretty technical issue at it usually takes 2 or 3 days, but because I asked for it to be delivered in 1 day, they said yes. How is this a responsible answer?
Is this the first time Skoda
is ever installing a remote key? Don’t you know by now how long it should take to fix it? If it’s going to take 2 days, shouldn’t you have told me that beforehand? And shouldn’t your service people be giving me updates, instead of me having to call them every time, only to learn my car won’t be delivered to me as promised?
Arun tries to tell me I am unreasonable. He says that’s how it is, and that I should understand. How is this my problem? You promised me delivery by today, and you don’t even have the courtesy to call and tell me it will be delayed? And your CRM, Vibuthi doesn’t even answer the phone. When I call her mobile phone, she gives it to Arun to speak to!! How is she a customer relationship manager then?
These are the faults as I see in your service, and I want some action taken and response from someone accountable.
1. Delay in service, and failure to communicate that to me.
2. No co-ordination between your sales and services team. I had to talk to Baskar, Supriya, Vibuthi, Bindu and dozens of other receptionists to get them to even accept that I paid for the remote key almost a year ago.
3. Your technician Arun is really rude, and expects me to understand when he says it will be delayed, and that the issue is technical. Unless this is the first time Skoda
is installing a remote key, I fail to understand how it might take longer?
4. I was not provided a loaner car, and I am going three days without a car. I have spent close to Rs.3000 already on cabs, for no fault of mine.
5. Add to this, the amount of time I have spent on phone, the sheer agony of talking to your customer service people who don’t know what customer service is, and trying to explain the issue to 10 different people, none of whom seem to have any responsibility or accountability.
I really hope you will acknowledge the receipt of this email, and take some action. I am also formally registering a complaint with the consumer complaint forum, and will pursue it based on the response you provide.