[Resolved] Idea Cellular — Idea contacted my family/friends and asked them to pay my bill.

quentinsebastian on May 20, 2017

I am drafting this email on the basis of a incident that happened to me yesterday (May 18th 2017). Before the incident I would like to tell you that I have been a loyal postpaid customer from over 6 years. My number is 7350692323. I have always paid my due's through out my tenure with Idea except for some odd months in which what I do is I pay some amount and pay rest of the amount during next billing cycle.

Whenever such scenario's happen I get reminder call from Idea Customer Care asking for paying my bills. I tell them that in my next billing cycle I will pay but they never stop calling me, sometimes it happens that they call me multiple times a day and I tell them the same. It is really frustrating however I happen to ignore as it's their job.

Now yesterday it happened that I got a call from a Customer care executive demanding to pay my bills. I told him politely that I will pay it when my next bill is generated, however that executive was not willing to listen. He was very rude with his tone and language. It made me furious too and I told him once again clearly that I WOULD PAY MY DUE'S IN THE NEXT BILLING CYCLE. He was not ready to listen to me and I was forced to tell him that "You do what ever you want to do but I will pay when my next bill generates".

He told me that I should rather use Prepaid service if I cant pay Postpaid bills. After being a loyal Idea customer for over 6 years this was the last thing I was expecting. The story doesn't end here. After a little more conversation I disconnected the call, he kept on calling me. I picked the call but I dint speak. This happened couple of times.

Next what I see is my friends and family called me saying somebody from Idea called them stating that "I have not paid the phone bills and have asked them to pay the bills instead of me". Also to add, these numbers are not the alternate numbers which I have provided to Idea. The executive has gone in my call log and seen whom do I speak frequently and contacted them.

This is completely ABSURD, I WILL NOT AT ALL TOLERATE THIS, AS IT"S A BREACH OF MY PRIVACY . How dare IDEA have the right to contact my friends and family without my consent. I want to file a Defamation Case against Idea and would request your help in the procedures.

Looking forward for some help.

P.S.: Below are the number's from which me and my friends got the calls.

1) 9011078586
2) 9822027958
3) 7350001575
4) 9922436732
5) 9822021859

Quentin K.
+91-7350692323
Complaint marked as Resolved Jun 21, 2017

[May 20, 2017] Idea Cellular customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Idea Cellular Customer Care's response, May 21, 2017
Dear Quentin,

We are sorry for the unpleasant experience. We totally understand how you feel about this and please allow us some more time to rectify this issue. We have noted your contact details for further assistance.

Vicky
Complaint comments  0 Comments     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

2096
    Suman Tower, Plot No. 18, Sector 11, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India - 382011
    Idea Cellular - Idea contacted my family/friends and asked them to pay my bill.
    www.bdomains.com