Idea Cellular — unauthorized balance removal

Thane, Thane District, Maharashtra, India
 alwynleo on May 24, 2019
Over some message sent by 51998, my mobile number has been charged 3 rupees, i've seen this complaint shared by another person as well but it should be noted that i haven't activated any value added services on my number. It's fine for telecom services to notify consumers when they have less balance or to even cajole them to try out such value added services but it's definitely an unfair trade practice to force money out of one's consumers for profit when they don't seek it. I've attached the screenshot herewith.

unauthorized balance removal

[May 24, 2019] Idea Cellular customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Idea Cellular Customer Care's response, May 25, 2019
Dear Customer,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to provide us your Idea contact number for which the issue persist to assist you further.

Lakshmi
Updated by alwynleo, May 26, 2019
If I may ask, why is the mobile number even required when the same messages are coming to all the other three Idea numbers I have on which DND has been activated as well?
Clearly the problem isn't persisting only on my mobile number so please stop spamming all Idea customers over offers and promotions when they have activated DND and their balance validity isn't ending.

Suman Tower, Plot No. 18, Sector 11, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India - 382011