[Resolved] Indigo Airlines — baggage damage

ghoshfmt on Jan 7, 2019
I found my cargo baggage damaged while travelling from Kolkata to Gawahati on 23/12/2018 using the Indigo flight No 6E 292 and the ticket number BY1YYY. The baggage tag no was 128492. After notifying the matter, the indigo office in Guwahati took a snap of my bag, accepted their fault, but discouraged me to document the matter on paper. Only after a lot of persuasion, they lodged my complaint under property Irregularity Report (see attachment). This piece of paper is very mild, and it does not have the provision to write the damages of the luggage in words (the trolley bag now can glide over wheels but the hanging it in my back is not at all possible).

It appears to me that the airlines can avoid easily the disciplinary action, as there is no systematic log book to register complaint by a customer. It is my request to the consumer forum to look into the matter and provide suitable compensation for their fault.
A customer provides a huge penalty to reissue a ticket at last moment due to an accidental delay, so why not the penalty will be large in the magnitude against the airlines when they are at fault.

With regards,
Dr. Sadhan Ghosh
Asst. Professor
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Email: ghoshfmt@iitr.ac.in
Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 11, 2019

[Jan 08, 2019] IndiGo customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
IndiGo Customer Care's response, Jan 09, 2019
Hi Sadhan,

We're sorry to hear you had such an experience with us. We are sending an inquiry to our respective departments and shall respond to you soon.

Team IndiGo