[Resolved] Indigo Airlines — reached boarding gate at 5:03 am while flight will depart at 5:25 am.

Venkata reddy S on Jan 8, 2019
Pnr no:yftu3j
Indio flight : 6e288
I had planned trip from bangalore to vizag with parents, in-laws, children, spouse and me. I have booked round trip on jan4th and on jan6th 2019 on indigo airlines.
On the day of travel, collected boarding passes at 4:32am and proceeded toward security and reached gate ait 5:03am, still 22min for flight to departure. Shuttle bus is still waiting at otherside of glass door. Indigo staff didn't allow me to travel as we are late by 3 min. I requested staff that parents and inlaws are senior citizens took time to reach gate but didnt accept my request. After heated discussion, staff said you can travel in next flight at 12:55 pm by paying extra money and accepted but flight got cancelled at 11am. We waited in airport for 7 hours with senior citizens and small kids. I got disappointed and cancelled return tickets before 48 hours and i got penny amount, after taking cancellation charges. As a citizen of india i have questions to ask to indigo airlines.
1. Why is indigo so adamant about 25 min gate closing rule when other national and international flights accept till 10min before flight departure?
2. If this is so important, why indigo didnt print this in boarding pass in bold letters along with boarding time and flight departure? Printed in terms and conditions of unreadable font.
3. Why is indigo not compensating due to delayed flights and why should travellers gets suffered with delays with terms and conditions in unreadable font.
This incident has caused me a huge loss as entire family disapointed. I deserve a huge compensation for my loss.
I request you to kindly consider this issue and do justice to me.

Venkat reddy
Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 10, 2019

[Jan 08, 2019] IndiGo customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
IndiGo Customer Care's response, Jan 09, 2019
Hi Venkat,

We are sorry to note the disappointment. We wish to check this at our end. Please bear with us. We shall get back soon.

Team IndiGo
IndiGo Customer Care's response, Jan 10, 2019
Hi Venkat,

We would request for your understanding of the fact that our operations are regulated by various factors which are beyond our control and it is for this reason we need to stringently maintain our schedules. Also, we advise our passengers to reach the airport 2 hrs prior to the scheduled departure to avoid any last min hassle. However, it is pertinent to note that reporting on-time is the passenger's sole responsibility. Since our boarding gates were already closed for the flight, we were unable to accept you for the flight.
Further, our endeavour is to assist our valued passengers at all times, therefore with an intention to help you reach the destination, our airport team offered you to accommodate in the next available flight, however it was unfortunate that the flight was cancelled due to bad weather which is beyond our control. We totally understand the discomfort you must have faced and we make every possible effort to avoid such cancellations and offer our customers an on-time flying experience. However, we have taken your feedback into account to ensure a more hassle-free experience on your next journey with us and be assured that we always remain committed to assist our passengers in the best possible manner.

Team IndiGo

Indigo Airlines - reached boarding gate at 5:03 am while flight will depart at 5:25 am.