Orchids International School — fee refund.
3rd Main, 6th Cross, N S Palya Main Road, Near CCD, Munivenkatppa Layout, Bilekahalli, Bangalore, Bangalore, India
Fafarazhyder on Aug 29, 2019
I enrolled my 2 children to Orchids International School (BTM Layout, Bangalore) in the month of May 2019. The school is affiliated to CBSE.
As a part of admission procedure, I paid an amount of INR 53882 in total towards admission & for books/uniforms. Though I paid books & uniforms fee at school's fee-counter within school premises, they gave me receipt in the name of some vendor internally managed by them. In a week's time, I put the request for cancellation/withdrawal of admission with the school due to relocation issues.
School website - https://www.orchidsinternationalschool.com/bangalore-branches/btm-2nd-stage/
Date of Admission: 15 May 2019
Date of cancellation request: 23 May 2019
Total amount paid: INR 53882
Please note that,
1. The admission procedure was not completed fully, as I have not submitted any mandatory documents/photos for my children. I just submitted the filled-in application form & paid the above mentioned fees.
2. I have not collected books & uniform so far due to stock unavailability at school. I have not received any communication from school to collect the same.
3. The receipts available with me at my side does not mentions the amount is non-refundable.
4. My children have not attended the school even for a single day.
Since the time of admission cancellation, I am struggling to get refund from school. School have ignored my requests/reminders for more than 2 months.
During these 2 months I have made enormous efforts/reminders through email, phone calls, and by visiting school to settle the refund.
Now, school is saying,
1. Application fee, Registration fee & Admission fee will be forfeited.
2. Term fee will be refunded partially, after deduction of 2 months fee. This means school is holding me responsible for the delay. However, these 2 months has lapsed due to ignorance/delay in response from school.
3. Amount for Books and Uniform will not be refunded. School may force me to collect books, uniform now. But I do not want to take it, as it is of no use for me now.
I am seeking full refund for payments made against - Books, Uniforms and Term fee.
Also, there was no option available to buy books/uniform from any other place. Thereby, school is forcing parents to pay for books/uniform at school's fee counter, and buy it from school or internal vendor.
Break-up of fees paid in INR (Child 1 + Child 2),
Application fee: 200 + 200
Registration fee: 1300 + 1300
Admission fee: 1000 + 1000
Term fee: 9500 + 8000
Books: 9725 + 7300
Uniform: 7548 + 6809
|Add a Comment||Share0Tweet0|