Passport Office Mumbai — police verification status of file no. bo4071559169017

Rashma Raveendran on Nov 3, 2017
I had applied for reissue of passport. I got my passport and got verified with kolsewadi police station.

Few days later, i got a message from passport office stating that 'police report not yet finalised at commisioner of police office, thane. Contact police for details.'

I immediately visited kolsewadi police station, they said' the file is pending with thane police station and that they have already forwarded it.'

I contacted on passport seva kendra's helpline. One of their representative said that 'they themselves don't know the status and asked me to wait untill any intimation is sent.' to ensure the information provided is correct, i talked to another representative who in turn told me to contact the regional passport office in mumbai. They can provide me the status of my file.

On contacting the regional passport office, the lady there told me that the file hasn't reached there and it is pending with thane police station. So i will have to contact thane police.

Now, i found out the number of thane police station passport cell and called, but they are not answering the call.

Please guide on what is to be done as soon as possible. People at the same office say 2 different things. I am confused whom to approach. I have already wasted a month. I have to send my passport for visa stamping, my travelling is scheduled for next month end.
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

We stay in a great country called India. Processes and Laws are in place. Implementation is the problem. We'll get there... Maybe another millenia or so. But we'll get there. Btw... i reached here since we are in the same boat. :)

Manish Commercial Centre, 216-A, Dr. Annie Besant Road, Worli, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400025
    Passport Office Mumbai - police verification status of file no. bo4071559169017