[Resolved]  Redbus — high inconvenience faced because red bus didn't lock the booked seats

It was on dated 5 march 2018 that i booked two tickets from Kanpur To Guna
Ticket No.: TM3Z51443990
PNR.:[protected]

Since 4:30 pm was the departure time, i along with my travelling companion had reached the boarding point the bus provider (Hans Travels) had asked.But on reaching there we got to know the bus had already been departed. On further queries and complaints as to why they didn't call us before the departure (which they generally do in case the passenger is late), they said the bus was full.On further queries we got to know that in our seats there was someone else's name. The bus provider told us that he could do nothing because they had this passenger named 'Ayush Srivastava' with the same ticket and PNR no. as ours for the same bus with same timings and date. We tried contacting Red Bus and sent our ticket to the Red Bus enquirer on the other side. the person told us that the seats were actually booked with the name of 'ayush srivastava' but at the same time, i had the ticket in my hand with the same PNR no.
After much argument with the Bus provider, we booked the another set of tickets which cost us another 2000 bucks cause we were running late and there were no more buses available.On further inquiries ( as the person named 'Ayush Srivastava' is in the same college as ours, we matched our tickets and found that the PNR no. was indeed same. WHAT KIND OF FACILITY IS THIS??!!
SO tell me, whose fault is this? I have the ticket intact with me, money was charged from my bank account for the tickets, but when i reach the boarding point, i get to know that someone else has the same ticket as me and got to be in the bus. This is such a poor service!!
I DEMAND REFUND OF MY TICKET MONEY.
Please learn to lock the bus seats as and when they are filled rather than charging for a single seat from double passengers and causing them pain!!!
i have attached the ticket sent sent by REDBUS for further "confirmations".
please take measurable actions towards the issue and refund my money as soon as possible!!
i hope to get a positive response as soon as possible.

high inconvenience faced because red bus didn
high inconvenience faced because red bus didn
Complaint marked as Resolved Apr 10, 2018

[Mar 07, 2018] Red Bus customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Red Bus Customer Care's response Mar 07, 2018
Hi Parthivi,

Greetings from redBus.

Ticket ID - TM3Z51443990

We are sorry to hear that you faced the inconveniences. We have taken your concern with the operator and have shared a strong feedback on this regards. We have also asked him to ensure that such instances never occur in the future.

We are committed to ensuring a pleasant customer experience and will definitely ask the bus operator to be more careful in future.

The ticket is cancelled and initiated for the full refund of Rs 2036/-. The amount will reflect in 7 bank working days to the source account.

We are sorry again for the distress!
Complaint comments  Add a Comment     Updated: ShareTweet