Redbus — redbus ticket holders not allowed to board msrtc bus

Ananda Kumar Santhinathan on Jan 22, 2020
We had booked tickets via redbus to travel from shirdi to pune. Here are the details:
Trip number: nskm0010197
Ticket number: 40502719
Shirdi to pune on jan 18, 2020.
6 passengers.
Bus service type: parivartan day ordinary
Boarding time: 9:40 am
None was allowed to board the bus.
We had to take a cab from shirdi to pune paying around rs.3, 000. Please investigate why msrtc did not recognize redbus tickets and issue us a complete refund. No support emails were provided by redbus and i couldn't write to them directly. The phone number listed keeps giving options endlessly and does not allow us to speak to an operator. Kindly resolve.

[Jan 22, 2020] Red Bus customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Red Bus Customer Care's response, Jan 24, 2020

Greetings from redBus!

This is in regards to your complaint about the ticket number TNDE93290918.

I understand that the poor experience during your journey would have caused an inconvenience to you, and I am truly sorry. Your feedback regarding this experience has been duly noted and communicated to the bus operators. We’ll work harder to educate bus operators on providing hassle-free, quality service in the future.

As per the bus operator’s policy, we request you to visit the nearest MSRTC Counter to collect the refund. Important Information: The original ticket and a copy of the primary passenger’s government ID proof should be presented at the counter to collect the refund amount in cash.

It has been a pleasure serving you today. Thank you for choosing redBus and have a great day ahead.

Team redBus

Note:-We never ask for UPI PIN or Account details over the phone. Please do not share the same.

Comments

The response from RedBus may sound like a kind, gentle one, but indeed is a rude one. I live in Chennai and they are asking me to collect the refund from Maharashtra by visiting MSRTC counter directly. I do not have any travel plans in the near future, and none to Maharastra as far as I can see. The money was debited by RedBus electronically from my bank. It is only fair that it be credited back online into my account. I did an 'Escalation' and the Management came back with similar replies that didn't help me in any way.

Domlur Layout, Karnataka, Bangalore, Karnataka, India - 560071
    Redbus - redbus ticket holders not allowed to board msrtc bus