[Resolved] Skoda India — Skoda Rapid fuel injector problem

Hyderabad, Hyderabad District, Andhra Pradesh, India
 RR-Hyderabad on Jun 27, 2017
Same problem for my skoda rapid that has done 75, 000 kms in 5 years. One fine day i saw this red blinking glow bulb symbol. Stopped the vehicle and called the skoda call centre immediately. They said i can drive the vehicle not more than 30-40 kms. So i reached home within 15kms and sent the vehicle for servicing that is 7 kms away. Initially the service advisor said it would cost me 1 lakh for replacing the fuel injectors and asked me to pay advance to procure the spares. I objected such high cost and asked reasons for failure and later wrote to skoda. So they did further diagnosis and the estimation now stands at 2.5 lakh rupees saying the entire fuel injection system to be replaced. One thing is for sure, if you buy a skoda be prepared for such unpleasant surprises any time. I am still clueless how to proceed further. The vehicle service cost is half of the value of my car and skoda says it is normal wear and tear. Neither covered under warranty nor by the insurance. Skoda is not responding on this issue.

Complaint marked as Resolved Jul 29, 2017

[Jun 27, 2017] Skoda India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Skoda India Customer Care's response, Jun 28, 2017
Dear Customer,

Kindly share your name, car registration number, contact details, dealership name and its details. Accordingly we will have our service representatives connect with you.

Skoda India

Comments

My Skoda Rapid is currently with Mahavir Skoda, Sanath Nagar, Hyderabad, registration number ending with 0477. You can get all the details from there. I am really shocked and confused how a normal wear and tear problem (as per Skoda) can cost a customer 1 Lakh / 2.5 Lakh for a car with an ex-showroom price of 8 Lakh.
This is the reason why Skoda sales r **** up. I think Skoda will be the next brand to get out of India after Chevrolet
It is quite evident that Skoda has a history of Premature Fuel Injector failure for vehicles manufactured during 2011 and 2012 until they changed their fuel injectors in march 2013. They cannot deny this fact because the number of complaints on this website and elsewhere is a measure of the magnitude of this problem. They have even replaced many such failed fuel injectors under warranty. But since my vehicle has crossed warranty period, they are trying to shrug it off.
Škoda Rapid 1.5 TDI MT Ambition
Brilliant Silver
(KA04MQ6940)
Ph No.[protected]
Date of purchase :21/10/2015
After 2months of purchase my car clutch pedal became very stiff and gear knob too hard .. also stiff steering .. I complained it to service centre .. the service advisor says everthing is fine doesn’t accept the fault when it was in warranty period and now he says to replace clutch assembly which costs 22K .. my car pickup is good only problem is hard clutch pedal .. clutch has become hard not burnt they are not accepting it to replace under warranty .. so I’m un happy with Vinayak Škoda Bengaluru .. Please don’t buy Škoda Cars this is my request they don’t last reliability is very poor . No resale value too

1800 209 4646
    1800 102 6464
    A-1 / 1, M.I.D.C., Five Star Industrial Area, Shendra, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India - 431 201
    Skoda India - Skoda Rapid fuel injector problem