Snapdeal.com — does snapdeal retains our crucial bank passwords??

Janardan suvarna on Oct 16, 2018
Does snapdeal retains our crucial bank passwords??

After a successful bank transaction for a memory card purchasing through snapdeal app, on 9th oct 2018, a screen appeared showing that you will get a discount coupon worth rs.500 with a tick box to claim the same. And it was also showing me 3 tabs below in which first one was with dots, 2nd was with hide and show option and 3rd one was the submit option. (Refer attached screenshot). By clicking on the show button, i was shocked to see that the 1st tab with dots displayed me my bank transaction password which is a complete breach of security and faith.

I found very frustrating contacting their customer care where there was no one to listen to the complaint in the ivr system

I am fed up of explaining the matter again and again through mails where it was being posed by them that they have no clue what wrong practices snapdeal is doing. And just asked me to uninstall and reinstall the app.

This indicates that snapdeal steals and retains its users personal and bank information which is purely illegal.

Janardansuvarna@gmail.com

does snapdeal retains our crucial bank passwords??
does snapdeal retains our crucial bank passwords??

[Oct 16, 2018] Snapdeal.com customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Snapdeal.com Customer Care's response, Oct 17, 2018
Hi Janardan,

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. As we truly value each of our customer’s happiness. We've noted the details and will connect with you at the earliest and help you out.

Thanks!
Team Snapdeal
Complaint comments  Add a Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

+91 11 4637 1100 [Customer Care]
    +91 88 8825 4614 [Delhi]
    +91 92 1269 2126 [Customer Care]
    Snapdeal.com - does snapdeal retains our crucial bank passwords??