The Hindu Complaints & Reviews

Last updated Sep 9, 2022

File a complaint to The Hindu

Having problems with The Hindu?

File a complaint and get it resolved by The Hindu customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

The Hindu

Tamil Nadu

The Hindu Phone Numbers

The Hindu reviews & complaints page 41

The Hindu / Frontline Subscription — SUBSCRIPTION

Sir the following detail i have sent to the concerned company's email & also by speed posts, but till now no correction is there.

With due to respect, I, Raj Kumar Verma, beg to say that I'm frontline subscriber & the new subscriber number is F/14728. I attentin to you that accordingly your reference letters & my knowledge, subscription has been allotted from 21 NOV, 2008...

The same was happening to the customers who are paying Rs.180 as six months subscriptions at a time. Hindu management is cheating the public by collecting subscriptions like this. Even after several complaints by phone and by mails no action is being taken by the concerned departments. Hence I am to say that dont pay subscription amount to hindu in advance and be cheated by them.please take necessary action same

I would like to bring this to everyone notice that a agent by name Devaraj (Cell # [protected]) had collected a Cheque of Rs 444 on 25th January 2014 for a Hindu Bangalore subscription period of 6 months.

Devaraj's verbal commitment for Date of commencement was from 1st Feb 2014, but I haven't received paper till date. Even as per Terms & Conditions, date of commencement should at least start from next cycle (16th Feb 2014) but I haven't received any papers till date.

Is this a new fraud of collecting amount and cheating customers?
Kind request for everyone, not to trust Hindu subscriptions at Bangalore

Thanks & regards,
Mirza Yousuff Baig

Not getting paper

order number BG034304, Subscription Number [protected], i am not getting paper.

I have subscribed the news paper 'The Hindu' in the last year and the subscription expires on 16.6.2009. But i have renewed my subscription in the Month of May itself for another one year. But I am not receiving any paper.. Kindly take necessary steps.
    I am getting The Hindu thro' my friend at The HIndu Office, who as a matter of courtesy has arranged it from the Subscription Deptt ( since he was from other Deptt ) and was being supplied thro' the concerned agent of my area i.e., SRI VELAMMAL AGENCY, Agent, The Hindu. I am an avid reader of The Hindu for ages. Well, I was away for a while, and the Agent has abruptly stopped the supply without any one's consent ( either The Hindu circulation / subscription deptt., or myself). The agent has no business to prevent the subscription or snatch my copy. The matter has been brought to the notice of one Ms Amritha of The Hindu Subscription Deptt on 13/7/09 Monday and is being taken up with the RGM Mr. N Krishnan. The service deficiency may be taken note of a nd acted upon with intimation to me at my mail address. Thanks
    my subscription for The Hindu is TH-1216208.

The news papaer is not delivered from 19th October-2008.The local distrfibution agent poses a tough stand when the complaint is made for non-delivery.
    Hope the management will take up the matter with the agent and redress the gtrievance
    V.Viswanathan
    The Chief Marketing Officer
    The Hindu

Dear Sir

Sub : Renewing subscription for “The Hindu” news paper for next 6 months.
    Ref : NIE-09-10

I would like to bring to your kind notice the following incident to take appropriate action at your end :

I am a Principal of Sri Ramakrishna Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Ambattur & we have been subscribing money for purchasing The Hindu paper for our students on daily basis. We were your customer for the last two years and we had a bitter experience which I would like to share with you so that such incidents do not occur in future.

As soon as we entered into contract with Hindu representative, Mr.N.Hariharan (Mobile # [protected]) for subscription during May 09, we started receiving papers on daily basis from 8th June 09. The job of dropping the news paper was entrusted to your local agent M/s S.Sudharsan, 46D Oragadam Road, Ambattur, Chennai 600 053 (Mobile #[protected] & Landline #[protected] by your office where the trouble was started by the agent.

They submitted the invoice # 7648 dated 1.6.09 for Rs.27, 094 on 2nd June 09. Actual delivery of newspaper started only on 8.6.09. They asked us to pay for full amount. We assured them to make partial payment initially and made a cheque ready for Rs.15, 000 but they refused to collect. We prepared partial payment because we had one more bitter experience during the previous year. But the agent occasionally used to come to the school premises during school hours and started shouting by using unparliamentary words and also tried to man handle at our lady staff at cash counter by damaging the image of the school and also passing bad waves to the students. As a professional business man, he should know how to behave at the school premises. We strictly advised them to come after school hours but they never used to come after school hours.

Then the matter was escalated to the higher level to Mr.P.Subramanian, (Mobile # [protected]) Regional Manager (Circulation), The Hindu, Chennai and he contacted us in person during the month of July 09. Due to unavoidable circumstances and busy schedule with admission formalities, the undersigned could not meet him. The undersigned wanted to solve this issue with his help by bringing the agent to our school for a talk. But he refused to bring the agent and instead of solving the issue and renewing the business, he advised us to make payment and was not prepared for further business with us. In order to make a full stop to this issue, our adviser Mr.T.Manisekar contacted Mr.Subramanian over mobile to collect the cheque for full amount but he came and merely collected the cheque on 14th October 2009 without meeting the undersigned for solving the issue and getting further business from the school. We felt very sorry for the ugly behaviour and this is only forced us to bring this matter to your attention.

You might have read the above lines and we are very sorry to inform you that considering the above circumstances, we are in a position to dispense with the next subscription for this daily. We want to still give one more opportunity of renewing the contract if M/s Sudharsan Agency apologize for their mistake else we are not interested in going with Hindu and we will decide to go in for some other daily. Your earliest response is eagerly awaited to proceed with further course of action.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully
    For Sri Ramakrishna Matriculation Hr.Sec.School
    Principal
    dear sir,
    I too experiencing the same the delivery of daily editions to my address needs for attention. I am staying at rangarajapuram kodambakkam. non delivery of daily is common and no answer from the agennts.

with regards
    tkumaraswami[protected].
    hindu not received for several days

k. sanjeevi
    18, pallavan kulam north
    pudukkottai - 622 001

mobile[protected]

I have subscried the hindu in the month of march'09 when I was in malkhaj giri, hyderabad. Now, i have shifted to nizampet road and i am not getting the paper from one month. I have 10 -15 calls to hindu news paper and spoken with sales manager. No reply is pathepatic. I naver expected this kind of response from an organization like ' The Hindu'.
      I'M NOT GETTING HINDU PAPER SINCE 24/01/2010
      I COMPLAINED TO THE HINDU AUTHORITIES
      NO ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN YET
      I'M NOT GETTING PAPER EVEN AFTER COMPLAINING
      "PLEASE RESPOND"
      I have subscribed for HINDU newspaper before 45 days from the date 01/07/2010. But the dealer of our area BalaSubramanium([protected]) is not responding to our subscription properly. So please see to this problem.
      Amarnath
      I am from visalakshinagar, vizag ... i have a subscription of 6 months from date[protected] to[protected] ... i am not getting "The Hindu" paper from 2months... i have complained a many times...but the response from the agent is arrogant and rude... is this the way the customers are treated ...
      but still our problem is not resolved we ain"t geting the paper...
      Not delivery issues, whos your proof reader for kerala editions? Tell them to read at least a front age of your editions

a flag can unfold (especially indian tricolor)

Thanx
      I am R.Selvan, resident of J-3, EPF Staff Quarters, LDC Road, Madurai -2. I have subscribed for the Hindu News Paper under annual subscription of Rs.600/-. I could not get the paper nearly two or three days in a month, particularly weekly holidays. This upset my mood. I request the concerned authority to ensure that this type of omission should not happen at any cost in future.

Not received my young world even after paying for subscription.

I have subscribed for young world on 28th April and payed for this subscription .but as on 3rd June, I did not receive any copy.

The Hindu Newspaper — Non delivery of News Paper till date

I am Manikandan and I am working for Bank of America at Hyderabad. I have subscribed "The Hindu" newspaper on a daily basis 13 July 2008.The subscription offer stated that the customer would receive 180 issues for 180 days by paying Rs.180 directly from the Hindu office by their agents . Accordingly, we must start receiving the newspaper from August first as agreed by their agent. But the newspaper was not delivered to us till now....

On[protected], two people approached my house about news paper subscription for 6months at 180/-, and i payed the said amount with bill number[protected] for which they told that, i will start getting new paper from 16th of feburary, and on 16 the february i called to the below given phone number and even after repeated complaints no action has been taken place, and the organisation is irresponsive in addressing my complaints. sir, on seeing the THE HINDU brand, i had payed money in advance, but now i am regreatful of my act. However I am loadging complaint to the consumer forum, so that no other consumer should face such problems.
        ADDRESS of the company
        THE HINDU (Proprietors :Kasturi & Sons Ltd), Door No. 55-1-4, 100 Feet Road, Industrial Estate, Autonagar, Vijayawada-520007, Andhra Pradesh(ph:[protected]/2553033), email: [protected]@thehindu.co.in.
        Good morning,
        hiiii this satya

I have recently subscribed "The Hindu" newspaper on a daily basis.The subscription offer stated that the customer would receive 180 issues for 180 days by paying Rs.180 directly from the Hindu office by their agents.Accordingly, we must start receiving the newspaper from DECEMBER 2008 TO MAY 2009 as agreed by their agent. But the newspaper was delivered to us for the first TEN days ONLY... we are not receiving it since 2 months and we complained the same to the agents and we had no response from them...So i request u to process the complaint soon ...
          I agree to it and the customer care response is very bad...

THE HINDU — NOT RECEIVING NEWS PAPER

I have subscribed "The Hindu" newspaper on a daily basis.The subscription offer stated that the customer would receive 180 issues for 180 days by paying Rs.180 directly from the Hindu office by their agents.Accordingly, we must start receiving the newspaper from december 2008 to may 2009 as agreed by their agent. But the newspaper was delivered to us for only 10 days and we are not receiving it since 2 months we have complained about it and we had no response about it..so i request u to check for it and provide necessary action or return the money we have paid for the news paper...
          my phone[protected] mob [protected]; flat 102 sai arcade apartment citizen colony serilingampally, hyderabad 500019.
          i was compelled to bring a very small mater to your notice.i subscribed for one year Rs360/- and requested a receipt to enable me to know upto which date, i shall get paper but no response however my cheque was encashed, iam getting news paper since 21.04.2009.wuth so many gaps for example 21.4;30.4;24.5;29.7.09 ; 03.8.09 on wards.kindly advise me the phone no of local responsible agent / dealer / customer service cell.i do not understand the difficulty in such irregular supply, when i am getting deccan chronicle, telugu sakshi, eenadu promptly.
          thanking you in advance,

k v r subrahmanyam
          dear sir,
          we are distributing agent since 4 months of THE HINDU Newspaper in devarsugur shaktinagar dist raichur karnataka state (agent code 40076).here bangalore karnataka edition comes daily.for last agent they were putting paper at his residence. in the agents agreement copy we requested them to put the paper at our house by transport but till today transport is delivering in a hotel which is 1.1 KM away from our house and the hotel owner is not ready to take the responsibility of newspaper bundles. i request u to kindly take the neccessary action.and make arrangement for home delivery. thank you sir,

I ordered the VCD ''Those Magnificient Men In Their Flying Machines' through The Hindu shopping site (powered by India Plaza) on 6 July 2008. The Price mentioned in the site was Rs 299. I paid it through Axis Bank Direct Debit. However, when the VCD arrived, i realised that the MRP (inclusive of all taxes) mentioned on the pack was Rs 199 only.
            I wrote to The Hindu shopping Customer care immediately, on 9 July 2008. They blamed it on their accounts dept first, then their bank. The net result: I haven't got my Rs 100 back even after 80 days.

Order # 17424 :: The Hindu Shopping

regards,

S S Saravanan
            Chennai
            PH:[protected]
            I purchased the remote control Helicopter and they charged me Rs 999/- and i was shocked to see a plastic tiny flimsy which is just worth Rs 100/- in the streets. Poorly packed and the helicoprter never flew. I guess they outsourced to other agencies and work without any feedback mechanisms.

I was also cheated by Hindushopping for supplying a defective as well as worthless toy.

- winston
            I ordered for an ipod charger and it never worked. so i sent it back for replacement. But even after 60 days i didnt get my charger. so i cancelled the order. but they are not taking steps to cancel my order and return my money back.. THEY ARE SUCH CHEATERS ASK FOR 2 DAYS TIME EACH TIME WHEN WE QUESTION THEM... very very bad about HINDU ONLINE SHOPPING. please don buy things frm here. mere cheaters
            Dear Brothers / Sisters, Please do not shop thru Hindu online shopping ever, they are not meeting to the time deadlines given as per their advertisement, very poor response, not bothered to respond after collecting the money thru online credit card payment, all manned by IVR, you will not get your order in time . I really do not know how the product is, awaiting for the product yet beyond a weeks time from the committed period of order .

PLEASE DO NOT NO EVER SHOP THRU HINDU ONLINE SHOPPING, EVEN IF THEY GIVE YOU FREE PRODUCT.

Anand s
            GUYS I HAVE BEEN CHEATED BY THE HINDU ONLIE SHOPPING BASED ON THEIR ADVERTISEMENT 5 DAYS, I HAVE PLACED AN ORDER, NOW IT IS GOING TO BE 15 DAYS THE PRODUCT HAS NOT REACHED ME, I HAVE BEEN CALLING THEM DAILY AND FOLLOWING UP THEY SAY TOMORROW IT WILL BE DELIVERED, BUT TILL NOW I DIDNT GET THE PRODUCT . WE PAY THEM IN ADVANCE AND THEY TAKE OUR LIFE OUT . NOW THEY ARE NOT PICKING UP CALL ALSO ON SEEING THE MOBILE NUMBERS. ////////////////PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANY PRODUCT THRU HINDU ONLINE///////// I writing this on others interest, please do not suffer like me .
            Hi guys please think twice or thrice before placing an order in this site. I you ask me never ever try to buy anything from this site. I have placed an order for a kids laptop and even after more than 15 days i have not received it, they keep on changing the date of delivery every time i enquire about. This is the worst kind of service i have ever known.
            They are very irresponsible and never honor commitments. I am still waiting for a camcorder for 10 days which was supposed to be delivered in 7 days. Every time you call, the same response you get. Is the reputed Hindu group know about this or they are also least concerned on such compliants? Never ever buy goods through this website. You will be guaranteed with 100% hassles- Rajesh

The Hindu - Regarding Subscription — Cheating

This is Srikumar, i am living in #38, 3rd cross, Dhomalur Village, April 13th Morning Harish sales pramoter([protected]) has collected rs 300/- for 6months subscription charges of The Hindu News paper. While collecting the money he told that next (14th April, 2008), we will get news paper. But Till now we didnt get any single paper from The Hindu. We have order copy of subscription of The Hindu. Mr Harish and the Sales...