Times Of India Customer Care

Mobile:

Bad

Times Of India Complaints & Reviews

Balaca
My Times of India subscription order number is IAA 004729. I have subscribed for the Times Of India newspaper on 5th October 2010, on the statement of the agent that the paper will be issued from the first week of December. So far, there has not been any relevant information given to me by the agent and the 'BENNETT,COLEMAN AND CO LTD' regarding the delay. Moreover, the queries regarding the delay are now left unattended.The telephone no given in the pamlet is also not attended.

Delay in Subscription
Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:45:39
My subsn No. is IAA 023363. I got the paper y/day i e on 14.02.2011 (launch day) at around 8 a.m.
I accepted there may be delay on the first day of delivery. However, today till now 12.30 the paper is
not supplied. Upon a telephonic complaint at 8.30 a.m. today (over phone 4201222) I was told that
it would be supplied within 3 hours. I wonder how the company is going to survive at coimbatore
where we want to read newspaper at max. 8 a.m. If it continues, I may have no other option than
taking up with Consumer Council for remedy.

R. Ramanujam

SeemaAnand
    I used to be a Times of India loyalist, but for the past few years I have seen Times of India transforming from an educative and informative Newspaper to a gossip laden and vulgar newspaper. The quality of News has deteriorated tremendously. It is turning out to be a sleazy, vulgar newspaper and is a threat to our Indian values. I have growing children at my home and I dread them getting exposed to this newspaper now. It has become am extremely disappointing and socially irresposible newspaper. And lot of likeminded people share this thought. They are losing their respect and dignity.
    Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:42:27
    I agree with the above post. Once upon a time The Times of India used to be a very good newspaper true to thier logo -Let Truth Prevail. But now a days it has become just a glam magazine. In all the city editions like Bombay times, Pune times etc why is it all about bollywood and actressess?? There is so much happening in the city, can't you'l print that. which actor did what to promote which film and wore what at a party is more important than city happenings?? and they give it a title as 'Pune times' and it has nothing to say about that city!
    moreover they print all sleazy pictures, even so in editions like Pune mirror.
    would you like your yong son/daughter to see those pictures when he/she picks up the newspaper in the morning??
    media is an important factor in moulding our society. and look where our society is heading to!
    Why is the media council so loose on thier hold, why isn't any action taken till now on these issues?
    and moreover this is a problem with all newspapers that if there is a certain disaster they will print that in bold on front page. Please go through Abdul kalam's speech where he has mentioned of the Indian media being so negative. why can't we print of the progress of our country, educational information, good happenings on the front page, and all the news with negations in the inside pages??
    Tody if there is no peace, crime rates have increased and less patience among people it is because media is sending messages indirectly about being negative.
    My suggestion to the Newspaper council: WAKE UP!!
    It is hightime that we bycott these news paper and Times related hype
    I have been an ardent reader of times of India since childhood. Its been observed over the recent years that the pune times, and mirror have just turned into a glam magazine.
    The pictures printed are obscene and indecent. Early morning, if you tell your kids to get the newspaper from the door, you think what if the kid see the pictures?
    All o[censored]s have enough stress in life to handle already. Why can't we have more positive and good sensible news on front pages and the news on terrorism, mishaps inside?
    All we have in Pune times is bollywood masala news on front page. Then why give it the title as "Pune times" It should be given as Bollywood times. The same is the case with Bombay times and other city times. Why do newpaper people need such cheap marketing gimmicks to sell thier newspaper? Don't the newpaper editors have some integrity? Why is there need of such masala articles and semi nude photos, and westernised trends? What for? This attitude is harmful to the society.
    Can't we expect some responsibility on behalf of these newpapers, some decency??

Yes there are good articles on stress handling etc inside but just 1 or 2.
    Newspapers are the 4th Estate and a powerful media source that shapes society. Have become so inhuman to not see the ill effects of such things on society in the long run. I used to like times of India logo -Truth Triumphs. I hope it is followed more soon enough.
    All i have to say is We being responsible citizens of India which speaks so proudly of its rich heritage must try to put a stop to matters that hinder the progress of overall society.
    I wish to stop the circulation of Pune Times but it is not an individual booklet, so it seems i will have to stop buying Times Of India Completely!

True We must Boycott such newspapers. Times of India, the city times booklet is no good. and you can't stop the issue of just this booklet as it is provided with the main newspapers. SAVE INDIA. BOYCOTT TIMES OF INDIA!!!

shovan
      I have written a letter to [protected]@gmail.com and crm.[protected]@timesgroup.com but no reply given tilldate. My letter is as follows.

This is to inform you that I have subscribed your magazine ‘UDITA’ for a year on 7/12/2010. I have already sent a cheque amounting Rs. 99/- vide No. 658810 o[censored]BI dt. 7/12/2010 which is eventually cleared by your office on 16/12/2010.

But unfortunately, my first January Copy hasn’t reached till today. As a senior citizen , should I think , I have done a mistake choosing Times of India .

Please let me inform what is the reason for not getting my copy though I have met all your formalities.

My Contact Land Line No:[protected] and My CellNo: [protected]

Please call me or mail me anytime from 8a.m to 8.p.m

Thanking u,

Biswanath Chatterjee

12 Rama Nath Das Road

Dhakuria Kolkata-700031
      Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:41:32
      I have send one poetry for Udita magazine.No reply given till now .Please inform me .
      Mail me please. thank you.

Punyaslok Dasgupta
      p.o - DHUPGURI
      Dt - JALPAIGURI pin--735210
      phone --[protected]

drrpaul
        we have been getting TheTimes of India without the supplements viz., Delhi Hot etc most of the times. When we ask the vendor he says that the TOI has not sent,and we have no way to check as the main newspaper doesnot mention the total number of pages per edition. kindly advise as to howto `go about it.
        Dr R. Paul
        C 494, Sheikh Sarai 1
        New Delhi 110017
        [protected]@yahoo.com
        Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:37:15
        we have been getting The Times of India newspaper in gurgaon . but last 25 day i have not receive the newspaper. Pls follow the vend er he is not properly supply the newspaper . i am daily read the newspaper but last some day i am facing the proplem

My address is
        A-27, Ashok vihar -II
        Near shahed bhagat singh chowk,
        gurgaon (Haryana) 122001

Mo. [protected]

raghunaidu
          This is Raghu Kumar. this complaint is specially for times of India newspaper group who are not at all listening my problem. whom i called for at least twenty times for the complaint but they dint solved my problem.
          They Sended a executive officer for to apply a times of India news paper at home. i accept it and paid that amount of 170/-rs for six month package at my home address on November 20th and they said that they are going to send me the copy of papers from December 1st. but till today's date i didn't get any copies from times of India.
          My receipt no-192458, 197078. that offers apply for six months package. Someshwar rao -phno-[protected].
          As they requested i gave the cheque and cash amount and also i got the acknowledgment call from times of India.

So i request you to please rectify it and solve this problem as early as possible.
          Raghu. (someshwar rao).
          Ph no-[protected]
          Vlr. residency, r.c.puram.
          Hyd.
          Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:30:50

K. Paul

Writing in this forum as a proud reader of The Times of India to express a painful-grievance against the poor distribution system of TOI in our area (P.O. - Kasba, City - Kolkata, West Bengal).

I am a regular reader of the Times of India for the last ten years and more but never had such bitter experience as I am facing nowadays. The delivery man ( specifically the newspaper agent, area distribution manager, vendor) is creation a simple equation complex - he has developed an uncanny habit of distributing other English dailies instead The Times of India for which I have subscribed to. Even after regular complain, I am not getting good response from the concerned persons (the delivery man, vendor and agent). It has become a routine to start the day with a verbal-fight - they claim English dailies are all the same. I have failed to make them understand that I am a fan of TOI. They wont understand the issue, I believe.

In this circumstance, I am requesting to the concerned authorities to look into the matter seriously and solve it as soon as possible. I can bet, many readers, just like me in our locality, are encountering such problem off and on.

Good bye to all

K. Paul

TOI Subscriber no:[protected]
            Agent: Goalpark/1336
            Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:29:34

durga ram
              SIR,WE ARE NOT RECEVING PAPAR PROPERLY.WE HAVE REGISTERED COMPALINED MANY TIMES BUT THIER IS NO RESPONSE FROM YOUR SIDE.
              THE PERSON WHO TAKEN THE SUBSCIPTION FEES HIS RRE CODE:0821
              DEALER NAME LOGNATHAN DEALER CODE:D3179
              DEPOT NAME VYASARPADI DEPOT CODE:20436802
              Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:29:34
              HAVING RECEIVED ADVANCE PAYMENT FOR THE SUPPLY/DELIVERY OF TIMES OF INDIA NEWS PAPER FOR ONE YEAR VIDE THIER ORDER no:NAC028970. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED PAPER FOR THE PAST TWO MON THS. NO RESPONSIBLE PERSON IS ATTENDING THE PONE 24317979/SIMPLY TELLING THAT THEY WILL LOOK INTO YHE MATTER AND SOLE . BY MAILS TO CRM.[protected]@TIMES GROUP.COM EVOKES NO CONCRETE STEPS. A REPUTABLE ORGANIZATION HAVING THE AMOUNT AND KEEPING QUIET. AGAIN THEY WILL APPROACH PUBLIC FOR THE NEXT YEAR SUBSCRIPTION. THUS CHEATING THE PUBLIC. SINCE IT IS A PALTRY SUM MANY PERSONS R KEEPING QUIET .THAT ENCORAGES THE GROUP WITH OUT SOVING THE PROBLEMS. IS IT NOT THE DUTY TO DELIVER THE PAPER FOR A ALL INDIA PAPER CONCERN TO ACT. SOME BODY FROM THE HIGHER TO LOOK INTO THE SAME SERIOUSLY.

H.RAMAN//[protected]
              highly iresposible. some body to bell the cat for these collection made in advance thus cheating the public

thomas arumbakkam
              Earlier we were residing at O.No.23, N.No53,Surappan Street,Triplicane,Chennai-600005 and now we shifted our place to Pallikarnai, So we requested to transfer the TOI Paper Subcription to our new Pallikarnai Address by sending mail to crm.[protected]@timesgro dated31 May.
              As of now we are not receiving the papers for past 2 months and there was no responds from TOI executives or from their customer care support, we are really upset with their service. Their executives are good until they take orders once it was taken they didn't even care to check whether the paper is being delivered or not. Many calls to their customer care service ended in vain, either there will be no one to pick the call or they will be saying that the executive would call us soon. We are fed up writing mails to them. Press / Media is meant to help people and solve their problems not to create problems to public.

times of india — not delivery regularly for advance payment

few days are supply the news paper correctly but last two days they did not delivered the newspaper and till the date they do not supply the TIMES OF INDIA News paper to the address of Mr.Balamurugan ph:[protected]
              no:4,pookara lane
              west masi street
              madurai-1
              we have been subscribing to TOI since more than 5 years. Recently we shifted from kodambakkam to vadapalani. since then the paper is not delivered regularly. in a week we are getting paper for maximum four days only. I had advised the agent in vain to be prompt. i am not able to contact the agent for vadapalani.

pl help to receive the paper regularly.

bkbalasubramanian

Newspaper Subscription

i want to subscribe for the annual plan for the newspaper. Kindly send me the details.

[protected]@yahoo.co.in
              Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Products & Services

RAJARAMAN K
                I am an Annual Subscriber for Times of India. My first Order no: is 2014714. Renewed vide order no: NAD 018356 till April 2011. The paper has not been delivered since yesterday (27.12.2010). When contacted the Distributing Agent Mr. Satish (Phone [protected]) of Saravana News Mart Porur, I was told that the agent has not lifted the paper as he did not get payment. The paper has not been delivered on account of problem between you and the Agent. I hope that you will immeidately intervene and ensure smooth distirubtion from tomorrow atleast. Shall be grateful for a reply on action taken.

E.mailed the above complaint to CRM TOI Chennai on 28.12.10 and got an immediate reply that they will fix the problem within 48 hours from the time of receipt of this complaint. I have been repeatedly remining them almost daily through mail. For my yesterday's mail I got a reply to furnished my order details which I complied with. But the TOI IS STILL NOT SUPPLIED AS ON 7TH JANUARY 2011
                Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:27:33

pradipanantha
                  Hi this is pradeep,

I dont know whether it is correct way to complain any issue related to TOI or not.On 27th october 2010,TOI personol visited me and collected an amount of Rs145 as check and Rs 40 as money for TOI 6 months subscription and promised me to deliver the TOI news paper from next month.Now an amount of Rs 145 is deducted my account(ICICI) but till this date i coudlnt get TOI news paper.

My address is :

Secunderabad-500015,

Andhra Pradesh.
                  Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:26:16

ashholla
                    This is prabhakar from HSR Layout 7th Sector Bangalore, we are regular readers of Times Of India. Our Vendor Arkeshwara News Paper Agency proprietor: Divakar Ashok, Mob: [protected], is not supplying us with the free edition of Bangalore Mirror when enquired the news paper delivery boy claims that Times of India has stopped providing free supply of Bangalore Mirror and is only printing the advertisement ( on the front page) by mistake !!
                    Requesting you to take this matter at the earliest and reprimand the agency for such wrong doing.

Prabhakara
                    Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:22:48
                    I agree. Even I am not getting the Bangalore Mirror from Monday (28th March). When asked he said, Times of India is charging for the Bangalore Mirror now, so we are not giving it free. Is that true Times of India charging for the Bangalore Mirror?? anybody is aware of that??
                    I stay in Maithri Layout, Hopefarm Circle, Bangalore and the TOI vendor is monopoly and he often cheat customers, he collects advance to cheat customer, his attitude and behavior is worst.

If house is locked then they did not deliver the paper and asks for bill, and get dispute and is often their ways.

How TOI monopoly vendors for delivery system, my number is [protected] and my is avsnaidu

lenevo y410
                      Dear Readers,
                      Want to see the worst HR recruitment practise, then please go to Times of India (response) office in Lucknow, they will show you how to do it, i gave interview there, and they asked me to wait for 7 days,
                      after seven days i made call to them and he said we will let you know, and time passed on, afer some time when i use to make call Mr.Santosh picked the phone and pretend as if i am not audible to him, and then he stopped picking my phone, i also mailed him but no response. This shows that how childish practise these people follow, i wasted my valuable time and tried hard to contact them but everything ended at futility, so thats how they follow HR practise, Welldone Santosh (sweet child) may god bless you.
                      Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:19:07
                      Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Other

mrs. rewadekar
                        I have subscribed to FTIPS service of TIMES OF INDIA through 55888, which says that its free for 1 week. But I have come to know tht after one week money is charged Rs 8/ for 15days without my consent for renewal or even informing. After one month I received the message to unsubcribe SMS NOBRK, I send the message to unsubscribe. but still they renewed & charged me Rs. 8/-for the service. I have tried several times to stop this by writing NOBRK from my mobile but that particular sms is not forwarded time and again. Customer care of MTNL,.Vodafone and Airtel are unable to do anything in this matter. I think they are cheating the people, which is not good. Please Help.
                        Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:07:23
                        Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Mobile Service Providers

Rajendranv
                          Sir, I am furnishing a copy of my mail regarding non supply of the times of india issues by the agent. The complaint is self explanatory. I have today sent another reminder mail to the crm. There has been no response from the crm also. I request you to kindly look into this and get back to me.
                          Yours sincerely, V. Rajendran.[protected].
                          Re: Irregular supply of newspaper -Order No. NAD021216
                          From:
                          Rajendran - <[protected]@yahoo.co.in>
                          Add to Contacts
                          To: Crm.Chennai <crm.[protected]@timesgroup.com>
                          This is with reference to my mail dated 2nd December and your acknowledgement of 3rd December, regarding irregular supply of TOI copies. The supply position is becoming worse day by day. The response of the Agency is highly disappointing. He has asked me to wait at the paper distribution point at 5.00/5.30 a.m. to speak to the vendor/delivery persons! Is this sort of behaviour expected of an agent towards a regular customer? Very much disheartening. I expect the agent be pulled up.
                          I have today spoken on tel. 24317979 under reference no. 33925. Kindly do the needful. Paper has not been received for the past four days.
                          Sincierely yours,
                          V. Rajendran ,[protected],
                          [protected].
                          Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:15:27
                          Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Business & Finances

aviks
                            The newspaper vendor who came to my flat to give times of india at the time when we usually sleep. Hence we've a little contact with him. Still couple of times when my mom woke up to catch him as because of some subscription missing and told him to give us yearly subscription he told he can't. More surprisingly he didn't take us for any month bill that would be convenient for us as then we can stop the same. Because without subscription we need to pay 3 times of the bill.
                            Yesterday night suddenly he came and asking for whole years money.
                            We can't find any good reason so as to why we need to pay 4 times of the money unnecessarily? Moreover if someone forcefully give us newspaper and without our approval for that why do we need to bear the cost?
                            Avik
                            Mob:[protected]
                            Kolkata
                            Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:15:20
                            Complaint comments  Add a commentComplaint category Unauthorized charges

rraghuraman
                              I am R. Raghuraman, a TImes of India subscription holder who have suscribed for the TOI news paper for one year tenure. I reside in Balaji nagar (near Bharth Engg COllege), Selaiyur, Chennai - 600073.The vendor who delivers the newspaper to my residence is highly irregular, unpunctual and irresponsible. The news paper aren't delivered to me on so many days. Regular complaints to the vendor aren't fruitful.
                              I am unhappy with the service of the vendor that Times of India possess for this area. This issue exists for other subscribers as well who reside in this area. Please do take necessary action. This would prevent your subscribers from withdrawing their subscription in future.
                              Thanking you.
                              Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:10:51
                              i am resident of RAMPUR, U.P.it is situated between moradabad and bareilly on national highway 24. my t.o.i. agent MR.SHAHID IS TAKING road surcharge of RS ONE .WHEN moradabad and bareiily are exempted.kindly look into the matter. when moradabad and bareilly are iexempted RAMPURshould also be exempted reply on my mail [protected]@gmail.com M.QASIM 17, central colony shaukat ali road RAMPUR u.p.

SUMIT SANKAR BAGCHI
                                I have been a subscriber of TIMES OF INDIA from 2009. I was buying the news paper from the vendor directly. But, in the month of December, 2009 I was approached by some representatives from T.O.I. and offered one year subscription at a discounted rate. I had handed over them a cheque of Rs. 390/- (Cheque No. 662493 dt 08/12/2009) for the purpose. The cheque was cleared from my account on 18/12/09 and my vendor started to deliver me T.O.I. news papers daily. But, I didn't receive the monthly coupons meant to be given to the vendor by me after several complaints. Even, one representative from T.O.I. ment me personally to address my grievances and assured me that the coupons would be delivered to me immediately. But, nothing happened.
                                Now, the vendor is asking for the cost of news paper from December, 2009, though I have already paid for it in advance.
                                What should I do?
                                Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:10:19

Smitvijay
                                  Request for changing Mumbai mirror to Maharashtra times as per the TOI offer

Its since 3 months I have been following up with my Dsitributor Vendor - residing at Sector 4 Charkop Kandivali West ,Mumbai -67 regarding changing my Mumbai Mirror to Maharashtra times offer as per the TOI offer.
                                  When I contact my local newspaper vendor told me that the distributor vendor needs to submit a form with my details to TOI office and automatically he will recieve an extra copy of Economic times to deliver it to me.

He has given one of the Times of India Sales Executive contact no who has told me that he would come alongwith the form but till date has has not come alongwith the form even after several follow ups me that the distributor vendor needs to submit a form with my details to TOI office and automatically he will recieve an extra copy of Maharashtra times to deliver it to me.
                                  But why should I fill up up such kind of form if you have clearly mentioned on the each copy of Times of India that Rs 4.50 alongwith Maharastra time, Mumbai Mirror and Economices times (as your offer) It is no ever mentioned that you need to fill up form . The Newpaper Seller complusory give us Mumbai Mirror along with Times of India. Acutally it should be as per customer choice what he has want along with Times of India

Please clarify

Vijay Sonawane

Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 18:01:06

Times Of India — delay in delivery of Newspaper [Resolved]

sanjeevkishore
                                    I am regular avid reader of TOI daily for past 25 years. I shifted to delhi about 02 years back. I have been receiving the...
                                    Complaint comments  Comments  (1)Complaint category Magazines & Newspapers

sreeram72

I availed annual subscription offer from Times of India for the period - 02/10/10 to 01/10/11, but I do not receive the paper for at least 2 days in a week and now for the last 6 days, I haven't received the paper. I have been raising this issue over phone[protected] and email (crm.[protected]@timesgroup.com) but to no avail. Even the circulation department of TOI seems to be sleeping and not interested in solving this issue. Now, they have stopped responding to my mails and are not picking up the calls. Doesn't taking the money in the name of subscription and not delivering paper amount to daylight robbery? Please initiate steps.

R. Sreeram
                                    Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 17:50:39

c.nobert
                                      I have opted for 6 monthly subscription of Times of India + Economic times w.e.f. 16 August, 2010. However the newspaper vendor forgets to deliver the newspaper to me and this has happened for the 5th times since the subscription started. I was given the mobile number of Mr. Imran ( distributor) [protected] however he does not receive the calls and I am left stranded without newspaper for the day. This is serious problem and reputed company like Benett, Coleman and co. should take due note of this and if their distributors and vendors cannot supply newspaper despite taking entire subscription amount in advance then the company should refund my money and I will subscribe to Hindustan times which is much cheaper than TOI subscription.

Nobert Castelino
                                      Dreams Complex,
                                      2C - 502, LBS Marg,
                                      Bhandup West,
                                      Mumbai 400078
                                      Complaint marked as Resolved 2020-08-13 17:49:21
                                      Most of the news paper agents & vendors in Pune now a days are refusing selling TOI edition without Mirror. I believe Mirror is a supplementary and not complimentary. In case TOI would like to supply Mirror along with the main edition & impose the burden on the reader, the value of the newspaper needs to printed on the face accordingly. Or proper regulatory measures are required to be taken by the circulation section so that such unfair trade practices would be discontinued from the newspaper agency / vendors. The list of such agency / vendors are made available if required.

Gopal Divekar, Pune
                                      [protected]@gmail.com
                                      This is true and for the last two years i am facing the same problem. Currently there is union of the paper vendor and does not allow more than one person for any paper in my area (Dhokali naka, Thane west). The vendor does not lift mobile, there won't paper for atleast 2days in a month and daily paper will be given as per the vendor time. Other issues are like : other than this 2days missing some times, paper will be given in beside flats but not in my flat and reasons are like some one has stone your paper after i kept in front of your flat... They dont even give the times of india paper executive numbers of this area. To our fate there is no complaint cell in times of india website nor any contact. If I put pressure on this vendor he will not even supply current issue and saying to complain where ever he want.

thanks
                                      Jagdish
                                      1201-A2, Neelkant valley, Dhokali naka
                                      kolshet road, Thane west

Faulty Meter

Taxi No. - MH03 AT 1608 Taken from Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel to Khar, Linking Road at 9 o clock in the evening. Showed a distance of 14 kms and fare 175 Rs. The usual fare with traffic does not come to more than 130.