[Resolved] Trai — jio giga fiber - complain about installation
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Gogoenkarekha on Jun 4, 2019
I have applied for jio giga fiber connection on 18.04.2019 and as per the scheme, paid security deposit of rs. 4, 500/-. Till date installation is not done. Their engineers visit my residence thrice and every time work not done due to jio system is not ready. On 20.05.2019, they themselves cancelled my application on the ground of address verification failure which is totally wrong.
They are neither providing me with the service nor refunding my deposit. They are neither taking any steps to resolve the issue nor giving any reply.
Jio is collecting money from the market by misrepresentation which is also unlawful as per sebi norms.
Client name: rekha goenka
Complaint marked as Resolved Jun 18, 2019
1) Company has not taken any steps to resolve the issue / complain
2) Last email ([email protected]) from Jio on 29.05.2019, asking time to resolve issue. Email ID ([email protected]) of order cancellation. Phone No. of Sales Person Mr. Arup Sarkar (Mobile No. 9875633523) and Mr. Dipto (Mobile No. 7980190407)
I am once again giving below the details:
My friend had applied for Jio connection and after some hassle, installation completed successfully. I also shown interest but sales person told me that system was not ready in my area. After few days they (Contact Nos. given above) called me and said that now the system is ready and thereafter I completed application process with payment of Rs.4, 500/- on 18.04.2019. Application was accepted by email from [email protected] and allotted order No. NO00009PL3SY. Thereafter all the incidence is given hereunder.
1) Received phone call next day i.e 19.04.2019 and appointment with Jio service engineer for INSTALLATION of Jio Giga Fiber connection is scheduled for 21.04.2019 at 4.30 p.m. but I received their email for confirmation of appointment which shows the appointment date as 25.04.2019 at 2.0 p.m. Again to my surprise neither the engineer came nor did I receive any phone call from their side on both the days.
2) The same has been informed to Mr. Arup Sarkar (Mobile No. 9875633523) but no action was taken, infact thereafter he stopped picking up my phone calls.
3) I had raised complain on their helpline number 18008969999 on 19.04.2019 but in vain. Again on 21.04.2019, I called on same helpline number and got service request number as SR00000WW5ME with an assurance to get the matter resolved soon. Thereafter few appointments viz. on 23.04.2019 at 4.45 p.m and on 25.04.2019 at 3.0 p.m were fixed.
4) This time on 25.04.2019 their engineer came and informed me that currently installation is not possible as the required box (OTP) outside the premises is not yet installed from their side. It will take another few days and the engineer said that he will take the necessary steps for expedite the issue. [It proves that my address is verified]
5) My other service request numbers are SR00000WXKWQ, SR00000WXKWQ both dated 25.04.2018, SR00000WZMIA dated 30.04.2018
6) In the mean time their another sales person Mr. Dipto (Mobile No. 7980190407) get in touch with me and assure me to resolve the issue soon.
7) With my constant interaction, again on 30.04.2019, their another engineer visited my residence for installation. He was instructed to fix the connection from a point which is far from my house. He himself understands that a box is required to be installed outside my residence where all the cable is already drawn. [Please note mine is a corner plot]. I understand that due to their regular failure and my regular complains, they just came out with temporary solution which might create havoc in future. Since they are unable to serve presently, I can’t rely on future.
8) Then Mr. Dipto asked me for time of 10-12 days for set-up of new box outside my residential building (as was originally decided) which I accepted but again the result is same.
9) On 8th May, 2019 I got an email that an appointment with Jio service engineer for INSTALLATION of Jio Giga Fiber connection is scheduled for 11.05.2019 at 11.15 a.m but again this time, no one visited my residence nor contact me for installation.
10) On 12th May, 2019 I called Mr. Dipto for the solution otherwise wanted to talk with senior. I had also tried earlier through helpline to talk with senior but they never come in front to resolve the issue. Mr. Dipto surrendered and asked me that he miserably failed to provide me the service and said that he asked the company to resolve the issue but since no steps has been taken, so he can’t help me out. He wanted me to cancel the application from my end and apply for refund. I asked him to give me in writing that your are unable to provide me the service, I will accept the same which he denied.
11) Now again I received an email ([email protected]) on 20.05.2019 at 6.30 p.m that an appointment with Jio service engineer for INSTALLATION of Jio Giga Fiber connection is scheduled for 20.05.2019 at 6.45 p.m. Within few minutes got another email that Order number NO00009PL3SY for Jio Giga Fiber connection has been cancelled due to Address verification failure.
12) Even after cancellation of order from their side on 20.05.2019, one month already passed and I am yet to receive the refund.
13) Their representatives on helpline numbers are given fixed sentences to repeat before customers like “sorry for the inconvenience, wait for a minute, I will book your complain etc.” They do not have any solutions. They are only puppet.
14) I raised my grievances on 25.05.2019 by email to (i) [email protected]; (2) [email protected]; (3) [email protected]
15) On same day got email from [email protected] stating:
"We are working on your request and you will receive a response from us in the next 24 hours..."
16) On 26.05.2016 got another email from [email protected] stating:
"Your application has been cancelled due to CAF reject. If you want to reapply for Jio Giga Fiber, please contact your sales executive for further information."
17) I replied the above email on 28.05.2019 :
"Thank you for the mail of 26.05.2019. It clearly shows that you have not properly read my original email. I already mentioned there that you have cancelled the order with the reason Address Verification Fail which is not at all correct." ...
18) Again on 29.05.2019, got email from [email protected], which is last official communication:
"I understand your concern with regard to the Jio Giga Fiber services.
Please be informed that, I have escalated your issue and you will get an update on the same at the earliest.
I would request you to please give us some additional time to investigate the matter on priority.
Here, to note that appellate never revert back nor taken any action to resolve the complain.
The company is collecting money from the market by false representation. Their three service engineers visited my residence and upon failure to provide the service, they have chosen the inappropriate reason for order cancellation as Address verification failure which is unethical and unprofessional.
I have all the records and recording of all the conversations to prove my case.
My all correspondence with Jio was through my another email: [email protected]
Mob: 79806 08440, 86478 15490
[Jun 04, 2019] TRAI customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
|2 Comments Updated:||Share0Tweet0|